[Com2uS] Inotia 3: Children of Carnia Looking for Previewers! - New adventure begins!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by com2us, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Darkus

Darkus Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Oh. Hi.
    Applied the other day, totally forgot to comment here.
    Hopefully I get accepted, Inotia 2 stole hours of my life away, Inotia 3 should steal 3x as much :D

2. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    applied november 15

3. GCC

GCC Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Applied November 15th

4. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Applied November 15

5. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    I submitted my application on November 15th.

6. iusechopsticks

Nov 2, 2010
    applied 11/15 4:43 PM Eastern Time

7. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Applied November 15th, 6:19 PM EST.

8. pit72k

pit72k New Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Applied November 15th, 2010.

9. finecut

finecut Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Applied November 16th, 2010

10. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Applied on November 15th, 2010.

11. EvilAnimePanda

EvilAnimePanda Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Applied November 15 8:00 PST

12. rakanishu890

rakanishu890 New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    applied November 15th, 11:10 EST

13. FeanorFungus

FeanorFungus New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Digital Artist
    Ventura Cty, CA
    Inotia 3? Can you fix Inotia 2 first?

This message is for Com2Us. Please tell me if you agree with any of this...

If you're not going to fix the awful PC, Merc and Golem AI (artificial intelligence), at least get it right for the next one. I played Ultima 7 on my PC over 15 years ago and they had better AI than you have in Inotia 1 or 2!

The most annoying problems are below:

• PC (Player Character) can't get around certain edges.
    • Long Range PCs often foolishly walk right next to enemies and get slaughtered.
    • Mercs get stuck on walls, trees, bushes, fences, rocks and other objects ALL THE TIME.
    • Ranged Fighter (Mage/Priest/Ranger/Thief) Mercs stand right next to the enemy and get slaughtered.
    • Changing "Skill Frequency" has no effect on my Mercs. They ALWAYS use up all thier MP whether it is set to "High", "Low" or "Off".
    • Both the PC and the Mercs change directions (from where I want to go) to go attack enemies, even when they have NO health and will die if they do it. The ONLY way to keep the PC from doing this (I learned) is by holding your finger down on the map, rather than just tapping on where you want to go.
    • It's fair to make Golems slower than Mercs, but did you HAVE to make them dumber? They have even more trouble getting around than Mercs and they're half as fast which makes it even more annoying.
    • The worst part about the Golems is how they behave in combat. Why can't they figure out where they should go immediately, rather than walk around like they lost their head. And of course, all this is happening while your party is being slaughtered by the enemy you summoned the Golem to attack!

These problems are so big and so obvious, I'm surprised you guys released this game in it's current state. I used to test the games when I worked as an artist on one of the major US PC RPG game titles and I know how to spot a bug. Imagine how complex an average NPC's AI in Fallout New Vegas must be... To deal with all kinds of things like what is the PC wearing (what faction it belongs to) and whether or not the PC is friendly with them, what the PC's karma is, etc, etc. And I can only imagine how advanced their NPC party member (Merc equivalent) AI must be. It's really amazing how realistically they behave. All this while navigating through a 3D environment!

Working in 2D is so much easier... Why can't you get it right? I only picked up this game a few weeks ago. I didn't realize how long it had been out until I started reading the many forums. You HAVE to read the forums to advance in this game in a timely manner at all, so I've read a lot of forum posts since I've been playing. I had to. Most of your quests are so vague, you don't even tell the PC where to go to complete them. All that is OK though. I can deal with the bad translations and the level grinding. But the AI is just awful and I really hope you fix Inotia 2's problems before you release another game in the series.

If you won't do that, at least improve the AI in Inotia 3. Fire your AI coder and get someone who knows what they're doing, please! Maybe you could even use the new improved AI code to give Inotia 2 a nice patch!

But it you continue to insist on treating app store games like they don't have to be as good as PC or console games, your competition WILL put you out of business...

14. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
  15. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Wow.Got email!Thanks com2us!

16. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Me too, got the mail. :D

17. kcmcroxton

Nov 13, 2010
    i got the email, but are we supposed to reply to email with info for step 2, of find the person on the forums and send it to them?

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i got in.

19. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    You should register in Com2uS forum and reply Miji email with your Com2uS forum username and email. That's all. And then waiting for the beta forum enable, and then download the game, install and test. And fill in the DEV questionnaire, and report any bugs or suggestion, and then waiting for $10 GC.

I am in too. :D

20. kcmcroxton

Nov 13, 2010
    thanks! its kind of unclear next time they should try to be a bit more clear on where to send it. anyways i cant wait to test!