Universal Colt Express (by Asmodee Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skoptic, Nov 28, 2016.

1. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    I haven't picked this up yet because all I keep reading is that the multiplayer is not well implemented. Even on sale I'm reluctant to buy it. The one thing that has to be done right for this type of game is the multiplayer.

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Is this still a fettered mess as far as multiplayer goes? Is it worth the £2.99 sale price as it stands? I'm intrigued by this one but if mp isn't really working and solo play against AI is limited, then I don't see this being a worthwhile purchase at present. Thoughts please folks?

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    They just dropped an "AI Update" today, no clue yet if it makes a significant difference.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Would appreciate your impressions when you've had a chance to look at it please? No rush just preferably before the sale ends! #

5. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011
    How do you create a private game? All I can seem to create is public and don't see anything to make it private and invite friends.

Thanks!

6. SofortundGleich

Sep 11, 2016
  7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Took me a while to figure it out:

Select "Classic", select Create Game -> click on Play Online tab, then select "Options", then you find "Private Game" option, after you select all other options, click Play. Then you can select from your friend list to invite

8. RichardC

RichardC Active Member

Mar 12, 2011

Thank you Currymutton!

9. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    #29 Bumpygames, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Colt Express By Asmodee Digital

Hello Gamers, i just Finsihed some Video of this Card Game " Colt Express " Universal Game For IOS as 1.2 version.
    and here some info about this game

Colt Express By Asmodee Digital SAS v1.2
    com.asmodee-digital.coltexpress
    Requires: iOS 9.1 or later.
    Price: $3.99
    Updated: 2016-12

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/colt-express/id1140513212?mt=8&uo=4&at=1010lce4

I personaly doesnt prefering Card Gaming at all...

What about the rest of you here? have you tried the game...
    How would you rate it... :rolleyes:

[email protected]

Attached Files:

10. shazamber

shazamber New Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Multiplayer

I work at Asmodee Digital. Just wanted to reply about multiplayer online - at launch there we had not yet completed the multiplayer online lobby. Within a couple weeks of launch, the team had updated the app with the lobby. You can now create games privately or publicly within the app without an issue. The most recent update was to the AI to address complaints that it was too easy to beat the AI. We will continue to make improvements and updates to the app, but I'm confident that you can purchase and will be satisfied with multiplayer now.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hello Developer,

Since multiplayer here requires all the player to be online when joining/creating, this is a no go for me. There are a tons of other board/card games out there which do not require this, unfortunately, so I am not going to enjoy the multiplayer. I will not seek a refund but I guess it goes this far in enjoying the game.

Thank you.

12. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Personally, I only play digital board games on my own when I can't get s group of friends or family round to play the physical version of the game. As long as this game's got a good solo mode (which it seems to have) then multiplayer doesn't bother met at all. All the best iOS boardgames (ie. Waterdeep, Galaxy Trucker) have good solo iterations.

13. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Towards the players who own this game: Is it better after those updates? Is multiplayer still sort of active?