Universal Colossatron: Massive World Threat - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    That snake is a copy of Onyx. A Pokemon, pass.

2. rabidnz

rabidnz Member

May 9, 2012
    Ios 7 seeyoubai

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    What a shame, I was going to pick this up tonight to but guess I'll wait to see what people think about all this freemium stuff first.

4. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Currency ain't bad at all.

5. Oh, I thought you had it, well, might take the plunge anyway then.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nope I'm in the uk so it's not out here for another couple of hours.

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How can this possibly be an interesting game? Drag finger on screen,

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game is quite fun if this was a single player game that wasnt a high score chaser. Without GC leaderboards or achievements, this can get stale fast.

The currency balance seems a little slow, but it seems you can still manage to max everything out without IAPs through grinding. That said, it still feels like JJ where it should just be freemium with the current things in it.

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

How is Super Hexagon an interesting game? You just tap left or right

I think it's a mix of match 3 with timing. You need to combine parts to upgrade better weapons at the best times to be most effective against certain enemies. Plus the idea of being a heavily armed robotic snake wrecking havoc

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Why halfbrick why. Y u so greedy

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The mechanics can get a little complex than that. Need a balance of level 3 turrets in different colors to tackle different types of enemies, while maintaining a good sequence so you can make matches for the upgrades. Another thing is that level 1 and 2 turrets, when almost destroyed, can be matched with the same colored, same levelled turrets to fuse them and not lose the turrets for taking too much damage.

Along the way you earn gadgets that allow some control over collosatron and/or his turrets too.

12. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It sounds like an interesting, and fun, concept. But now that you've played a little more, is the game balanced like a premium game? Or are there a lot of upgrades locked behind a paywall?

Had enough of the paid freemium stuff after buying Trexels last week.

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    The game is fun... Match 3 to create better weapons, and you gain new abilities to fight the hordes of general mustache. Is a lot of fun. You get special parts in game that enhance abd help. Its also total mayhem as Colossatron is wrecking havok everywhere. Its gorgeous too.

But all upgrades and all things costs gems. All the upgrades and the arsenal and changing abilities too... Then comes in another currency thats used to repair, recompose and more like that to your colossatron before every level. So far I have 16 million and 3 gems (upgraded all level 1 arsenal stuff). 16 million may seem a lot but just to repare it costs 5 million. Dont know how grindy it can get...

Im going to finish it soon, its quite addictive. IAP and maybe a switch to free to play soon aside, I will have a lot of fun with this one.

14. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    3 more damn hours.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'll pass for now, sounds like it'll be free after the App Store freeze.

16. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Fun game, even if apparently someone forgot to include a tutorial and after a number of levels I am still at a bit of a loss as to what exactly I am doing and how exactly things work.

Gameplay aside, no question this goes for your pocket in every obnoxious way imaginable save for timers, and will almost certainly be free shortly.

17. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    I have to say I'm just not feeling this at all, it's as freemium as they come bar the fact it has no timers. The cores that are used for upgrades are not as plentiful as they could be and on top of that the game is just not that fun.

It feels very passive and more like the Collosatron is doing all the fun stuff while you just feed it turrets in what you hope is the optimal order for the situation that is about to occur. That said its cheap and the production values are decent so I don't feel too bad but if you're on the fence about it I'd think twice before trying it.

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Well it's either this game or reinstall Angry Birds Go... Nothing obnoxious there:D

19. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Looks interesting.

20. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Another strategy I don't think anyone has mentioned; when your turrets get destroyed they explode after a few seconds. Before then you can drag them back out of your snake and let them explode over your target.