Universal Colossatron: Massive World Threat - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    At this time, only E-P can post imps, the rest have to wait until it hits Europe or USA

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Be patient dude... :p

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Veeeery funny Halfbrick.

No srsly where is my Xmas present?!?

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

PG's video looks pretty fun. Definitely picking this up tonight

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    iOS 7 only? Well, it saved me a buck... so there's that. Guess I'll have to stick with the Super Mega Worm series... tiss the season to re-install the second christmas edition of Super Mega Worm :cool:

I gotta say too, all this iOS7 only stuff is making me think my days as a mainstream iOS gamer are coming to an end. :(

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm ios7, i'm happy with it, still buying tons of apps. Time to convert people !

Shall be getting this one later for sure.

7. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Been waiting for this for ages. Can't wait! I see that there are Game Center leaderboards. What about Game Center achievements?

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Tonight is gonn be HUGEEEE!!!!

9. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The Pocket Gamer video says the game is F2P, even shows the Free2Play mechanics and currency. Was the economy and currency changed post video, or is this a $1 entry ticket for more f2p shenanigans?

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Have fun iOS7 people. And I dislike it when people automatically associate all JB people with piraters. Sometimes we just want to customize our device? And besides some games already barely work on my device. Why bog down memory even more with ios7.. I doubt they'd even work.

11. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Is this game color blind friendly? I can't tell the difference between green and yellow sometimes.

12. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Anyone know? I hope the dev's decided to shift to premium a la Breach & Clear

13. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Yeah, ios 7 become a new trend nowadays. I'm afraid if there are many more developers make their game iOS 7 exclusive. Anyway, there's new version of super mega worm https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/super-mega-worm-vs-santa-saga/id770421468

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If i did convert both my devices to iOS7 i wouldnt be able to play Abducted. :p

15. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Looks like a common recurring theme for new games is discussion on either price, iap, or ios 7 requirement, or a combination. While not all jailbreakers are pirates, all pirates are jailbreakers, so from a business standpoint it only makes sense to secure your profits while you can until ios 7 jailbreak is out (which rumors say feb 2014 I think).

Does this game have any sort of level structure or is it an "endless destroyer" where you just last as long as possible so you can do the most damage?

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Downloading now. Couldnt stop playing Abducted.

17. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Playing now. :D IAP screen for reference. Don't know how essential that item is

Attached Files:

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Cool, I wasn't aware of a new SMW game. I'll have to check it out when it hits the us appstore.

I wouldn't be so anti-iOS7 if the cost to gaming wasn't so high. On one hand it could give me access to a few new games, on the other it could completely cripple my 4S for playing bigger premium games I already bought that need a lot of memory. The hoops to jump through for me being an iOS gamer seem to be adding up in a bad way. It's still better than other similar platforms, but for gaming I may put my attention back on consoles and regular handhelds where I could focus more on games and less on hardware and os versions. Sorry if that is too off topic for the thread.

I worry too that this is paidmium, but it's halfbrick so it probably walks the fine line between that and premium.

19. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Not to derail too much, but I'm unaware of the problem that happens when you upgrade a 4S to ios7. I did that on day one and have a perfect, flawless experience in every way. What are other people reporting that causes an issue?

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #40 Exact-Psience, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Basically, Colossatron moves around on his own. Then he has "colored turrets" on his body part. More parts fly around and your job is to grab those parts and drag them into colossatron's body, making colored matches, ala Luxor style to merge the colored turrets and upgrade them.

At the end of the stage, you'll be scored based on the destruction you caused to the city which is your score.

In between stages you use the money earned to repair or add parts to colossatron.

The bad part is, you can buy IAP to powerup colossatron to max right away. :p

Pt2:

Each location has stages. The final stage is the location's capital. Destroy the capital and you get a few of the secondary currency. Destroying the capital of a location unlocks the survival mode for that city for high score chasing.

There are gadgets, upgrades, powerups for colossatron. Seems like a massive game, and not just a simple match 3 type of game.

Im sure im going to enjoy this, but the IAPs look like they will define the leaderboards for the survival mode.