Universal Colossatron: Massive World Threat - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    did u even try report those lame ass cheater on the leaderboard before u suggest the developers to stop implementing it on the games?

u can click on their names and reoprt them in game center and i have seen them being removed , just so you know

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Just purchase this game today. Completed world 2, any advice for building the turrets and Gadgets?

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I had to deleted this game. It falls in favor of IAP near the end. Dont want to re-play it multiple times, I want t finish it at a normal, regular pace. If you are burnt with IAP, avoid this game like a plague.

4. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    If that were true, you'd complain, even at $1, that it was too short, yeah? Deplore the state of iOS/mobile gaming all you want—I certainly do—but don't act like this isn't a good _value_, quite a fun game, and shoo folks away from a good, creative experience way above average in its field.

5. Oneiros42

Oneiros42 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I don't understand why anybody's complaining about IAP for this game. I haven't put any money into it beyond its original purchase cost and I've got all the weapons, about $208mil, 145 prisms and I'm currently working on Prestige 29. The game is only now getting hard enough that I can't get through Ultimatum on one life. I'm playing the Android version, is there a difference between this and the Apple version?

At any rate, the weapon combination I'm using when things get difficult is purple attack drones at the front and yellow sniper cannons at the rear. If you link two level 3 sniper modules with a Rapid Fire module you're unstoppable. For Gadgets I take Focus Fire, Regeneration, Supercharger, Recoil System (the faster the Snipers fire the better), Hot Swap and Force Fields.

Attached Files:

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Clap clap! Prestige 29... Very impressive. I didnt think attack drones can end up being very useful. I really liked them at the beginning until i tried out the Rail Gun. I guess i have a re-assessment of weapons to do ;)

And yeah, i've loved sniper weapons when i used them.

7. Oneiros42

Oneiros42 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    The trick to using the attack drones effectively is to use Focus Fire regularly. The drones seem to only attack the nearest target to them, which is rarely the target most threatening to you. Use Focus Fire to pull them across the screen to be where you want them to be and they'll lay down the hurt.

8. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    lol prestiage 29 ? crazy !

9. dasaff1

dasaff1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Is there any way to reset progress?

10. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I seem to have lost my progress. Anyone else have this problem recently?

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Whatcha guys think of the new update?

12. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    #372 philodygmn, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    Hate: no more Prisms in Survival. Whatever exception to freemium nonsense this was went out the window. Forget it. Zero replayability for me even after erase and reinstall because I'll only get enough in 1 playthrough for a fraction of the upgrades, and need even more after Prestige (even just 1 Prestige spoils most of the fun for me). Enemies like bombers can now tail you across districts, too. At least it was just a buck, because that's all this experience is worth to me now, some kind of entry fee, nothing more, although I would pay 5-8 or so bucks for a perpetual infinite currencies deal, barring a true premium version geared around genuine progression building up to thorough capability with no gotchas, which would be a game fun to actually play through, and for which I could conceivably pay as much as 10 bucks if it was _really_ well done and fully fleshed out. I might even be interested in that down the road, if they need the lead-time and market testing freemium affords. For now, I probably will delete and forget, leaving iOS gaming to chumps chucking money at drivel while its corporate controllers sashay their way to patent infamy trying to trademark individual words like "candy".

13. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I didn't notice there weren't prisms in survival.

That said, whether you play survival to get prisms or just play whatever city you're up to, you're going to get prisms at roughly the same rate. You get more prisms prestiging anyway because of the prisms from critical damage at the end of beating a country, which, personally, I find more interesting than just doing survivals over and over again. The main point of survival is score competition and there are more power-ups now so everyone's score is probably going to be going up: I'm currently #4 in Xion and two of the people above me are probably cheating.

14. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I'm still getting Prism drops as usual. I just did a Survival run and picked up 2.

On top of that, there's 6 free Prisms just for adding them on Facebook etc. Theoretically anyway. (Since there's no way for them to track, just clicking the buttons is enough to get the free Prisms).

As for the update, I'm really enjoying it so far. The new weapons are actually interesting, especially the ones that change the dynamics of the enemies - the Black Hole gun and the Tractor Beam. I love the Tractor Beam so much I spent the 15 Prisms right after my first round with it!

15. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    #375 philodygmn, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Wait, really? I tried to be sure: I played close to a dozen rounds, and got _zero_, which had NEVER happened before the update—3 had been my longest-ever dry spell. Evidently, I stand corrected.

Smegly, I certainly don't prefer Survival to grind for Prisms, it's just that I don't like Prestige's increased difficulty (I'm just not that great a player, and never pretended otherwise). Survival's point for me is to play with as much interesting things going on as possible, not score.

I really tried to be sure before posting my message, so sorry if it was incorrect!

16. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    It's been my experience that everything in the next prestige is easier than the previous prestige's Ultimatum except for the next Ultimatum, which is harder. So basically, if you can get the option to prestige, at worst you'll get stuck at Ultimatum on the next run, but not anything else. I held off on prestiging for a long time because I didn't want to get stuck at an early country and not have my gadgets for survival but ultimately I found it worthwhile.

17. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    #377 philodygmn, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    I guess you're right because I just Prestiged again then breezed my way to Ultimatum's capitol with just 1 revive (I was so close in Xion's capital the life bar was invisible >:p ) and a few restores and configs. Earned over a dozen Prisms. I think I can only sustain that for a few more prestiges, though, but at least I was wrong about having none in Survival anymore. Thanks for the nudge. BTW, orange Fire Nova for those clusters of tanks, bombers, and drones worked great this time for me in conjunction with purple Drones and a smattering of green Proximity Heals.

18. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Well again, if you do hit a wall in the campaign, it's most likely going to be at Ultimatum where you have everything. Happy prestiging!

19. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    How in the world do I wipe my progress and start a new game so I can see the improved tutorial and get a fresh start? I downloaded and tried the game way back when it first came our, but gave up by city 3 because I really couldn't understand what the #### was going on or what the point was. I'd love to replay it now, but can't figure out how to restart! I've deleted the game, gone through my icloud storage in settings and deleted the icloud save, and somehow the game will stay upon reinstalling that it has detected my icloud save and MUST use it.

So what the ####?

20. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    HB rolled their own for leaderboards; dunno if that would impact how progress is stored...? You might email them directly.