Universal Colossatron: Massive World Threat - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Everyone is right! There is so much more to this game after the first 10-15 minutes. Not controlling the snake doesn't affect gameplay at all! It's truly a unique puzzle experience. Visually it's candy on the eyes ^.^ , I'm sorta glad you can control it, I would run around in circles loosing my mind at that point lol (would be way to confusing). It's a great game , keep up the good work. Hope there's more combinations added in the future.

2. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    #282 Artvarg, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    Is there a limit to the active gadgets? I chose one after each country, but when I checked there where only two selected (focuse fire and hot swap). The rest was grayed out.
    Right now the sixth country feels impossible to overcome.

Edit: Seems to be an iCloud problem. I have all gadgets on my iPhone, but only the two I unlocked on the iPad are on that device.

3. pipja

pipja Member

Feb 7, 2012
    #283 pipja, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Internet issues killled my last post, anyway, heres how i got the score: rails followed by nova followed by fast powerup if applicable followed by laser disk, rinse repeat. No repair since i bet on the self regen and pimped up armor.

No IAP at all, just a lot of survival grinding for prysms.

Attached Files:

4. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Great insight, thanks!!!

5. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    #285 philodygmn, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Nope, no turnover like there is for locked Gadgets; they're grayed because they unlock when you beat a continent. (Since I'm not all that great a player, I'll leave advice for beating continent 6 to others)

6. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    I defiitely would appreciate the iPad's extra real estate and slightly larger size for graphics, based on my experience from my 5th gen iPod.

7. pipja

pipja Member

Feb 7, 2012
    For continent 6 i saved up a lot of cash in survival and burn it on city 3, mainly getting power ups during intermissions. Rapid fire rails and laser disks will get you thru

8. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    #288 philodygmn, Dec 24, 2013
    Has anyone else relying on Rail Gun and Laser Cutter found themselves considering as a strategy _deliberately_ failing to form level 2/3 units so there's more real estate offensively covered at a given moment (those lasers are just so narrow!), and enemy fire is effectively more diffuse given your much longer chain? I'm not finding level 3 in particular to justify itself offensively, though primary colors largely seem to, probably because being 1 color instead of 2 means they build faster. I had expected lvl 3's to last a very long time and have something way above the other levels, but they're pretty much just a linear increase :-/ It's because of this I feel like even though lvl 1's die in a heartbeat toward the end, the lasers' tradeoffs still fall in their favor compared to the fairly weak advantages of advanced units? If you have Hot Swap, it's possible to combine to secondary colors after a primary colored unit is on its way out...kinda marginal, though, and hard to execute well...

I've changed my mind on the Final Blasts gadget after seeing how helpful Mini Shields is. I love Flame Breath because it's like a free flamethrower, plus looks cool, but I think Regeneration has to be more useful...I wish I could tell _how_ useful, exactly... Still have to try Focus Fire because I love how awesome Snake Strike is to use :-D It coils up, then when it strikes it gives this really fierce scream and there's an awesome impact sound effect! You gotta use it at least once, with a nice long chain! :)

9. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Why hasn't anyone noticed this is a great game it's the first match three game that's worth playing. Some weapons come about by mixing colours like blue and yellow to get green ( heal) or blue and red to get purple. Also when you shoot certain buildings you get power ups or prisms which you use to buy weapons. All it takes is patience! Some people seem to want everything right away rather than work for it!

10. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013
    This is probably the best quick description of this game. Personally, I prefer that you don't actually control the monster but arm it and create it's defense and attacking setups. There is quite a lot of strategy for those who give it more then a glance.

In my opinion, this game was not a disappointment but innovation. A lot a great games came out in time for the holidays and this is one of them.

11. sionk

sionk Member

Oct 19, 2009
    This game is so fun, i found the flame thrower and rail gun very effective! don't know how many prestiges are there to have the complete badge? Reluctant to claim 4th one now, it's getting super brutal :(

So far only farming for prism, non IAP required if you are a bit patient :)

Attached Files:

12. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This is the most addictive game since plague inc

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Why can't Halfbrick just make use of iCloud instead of Facebook and Google+ for sync. I don't want apps and games tied to my fb account so I made a Google+ account and was able to do it fine on my iPhone, but it won't authenticate on my iPad. Really irritating!

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This game, and coming in at a buck, is the best gift I could have imagined this holiday season. Absolutely well crafted, innovative and utterly ADDICTIVE!

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice to see people coming around to the game. All my worries about the lack of control were totally misplaced once I started playing.

I forgot who the posters were who advocating for the game, but thanks for doing so or else I would have overlooked this.

16. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    For me it was primarily o0oJAKEo0o and walmartpolice. metalcasket kept them from being eaten alive (living up to his status as a mod, in a broad sense, I would say). I decided to take the time to really relish describing here on the forum how fun it was for me, to provide a counter-weight to the sniping cynics who, consciously or otherwise, play into copyright extremists' hands in their treating the mere existence of IAP as equivalent to theft-in-advance for a non-free game (true "premium", Halfbrick ain't, IMO—and that's...OK *channeling Stuart Smalley*), trying to hold us hostage over our own enjoyment by acting like it's the games we pay for instead of _our enjoyment of them_!

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wish it had Game Center achievements though but I do agree with you.

18. ringswraith

ringswraith Active Member

Sep 19, 2011
    So what weapons do people favor here?

I haven't done my first prestige yet, figured I'd do some survival modes to farm prisms. I unlocked (purple) attack drones and (green) repair cores.

19. philodygmn

Sep 29, 2012
    #299 philodygmn, Dec 24, 2013
    The general consensus seems to prioritize Rail Gun...the laser weapons both being secondary colors may have kept orange out of the limelight, but I feel like it's a better quotient than red or yellow on their own, as they straggle from purple and green. Given you chose Attack Drones, in particular, I'm figuring you like red, given it's kinda the opposite of the lasers. My problem with it is its low fire rate and range. If lvl 2 and especially 3 laser weapons were a little more powerful, though, I'd focus on them exclusively and therefore use red a lot, too :O)

Lately I've been splitting the difference, using just Rail Gun and then a few heals, and letting red and yellow run amok, aside from trying for orange here and there. I'm not too skilled a player, generally speaking, so if I'm making anyone groan out there, feel free to point out something better <:O)

20. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    My score won't show up on gamecentre, I've played survival mode several times and have beaten some of the scores already on the boards but it's not coming up. I'm def signed in. Anyone else having issues?

Don't like seeing lazer kats name there without mine above it haha