Universal Coloristic (by Daniel Krautwurst)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sonconic, Sep 13, 2017.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #41 y2kmp3, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Sonconic,

I just got the v1.3 update and can confirm that the lag when crossing the arrow tiles have been fully fixed. Well done!

Regarding the time goal, are you saying that the current time goal to determine rating (especially the time goal for a rating of 100) is the SAME for all of the levels, regardless how complex the level is? If so, this means that it may be impossible to get a rating of 100 if the map is sufficiently large simply because the player cannot physically swipe fast enough.

Update: I have spent the past hour trying to get a rating of 100 in level 63 without any success. Up to level 60, I was able to get 100 rating for all of the levels. However, many of those were achieved largely by chance. The time constraints were so ridiculously tight that the game had reached a point wherein even the slightest loss in tracking the player's swipe would doom the run. Instead of a rating of 1 to 100, which falsely gives the player the impression that 100 is always possible, perhaps you should just lists the number of seconds the player used to solve a level.

2. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017

Good to hear the bug is fixed at least.
    And yeah I agree there is definitely room for improvements for the rating system. My next game will also have it quite differently then in Coloristic. It will use a three star system which is much more easy to understand.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just to satisfy my curiosity, can you post the highest "realistic" rating you got or recorded from verified player stats for the last few levels (from Level 63 to Level 70)?

4. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    You should be able to score in the low 90s so far. It is quite hard but with the arrow bug fixed it should be possible now. If you do it without any mistakes (you have to repeat then) it should be doable I think.

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I think this is the final score I will have to settle on (12 rating points short of the perfect 7000).

[​IMG]

For Level 63 and Level 68, the game simply can't keep up with my swipes fast enough to improve on the time trials for these levels.

Thank you, Sonconic, for your hard work. I had a lot of fun with the game.

6. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Wow impressive :-D Haven‘t thought you can have that much at the end :)

Glad you liked my game :) Thank you very much for the good conversion here! ;)

7. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Hello everyone!

A new update should be live now!

Regards

8. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    The game is free for today only! :)

Regards!

9. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Hello TA folks :)

Coloristic just got a small new update which finally added iPhone X support. Sorry guys it took so long!

Regards,
    Sonconic

10. Sonconic

Sonconic Active Member

Sep 13, 2017
  11. james.miller

james.miller Active Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Dropout!
    Ohio
    great casual puzzler!