Universal Coldfire Keep - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #101 worldcitizen1919, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    I'm on the 2nd level and there's an iron key on the ground dropped after a battle I won.

How do I pick it up? There's a sparkle and I tapped on it once, twice maybe a thousand times and I can't pick it up. Any suggestions. I'm using an ipad 4. I'll have to stop playing until this is fixed. I was able to pick up the food and a bow but not stuff off the floor.

2. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    #102 FivepastTA, Feb 20, 2014
    I think the difficulty level needs a little tuning - both of my front line characters, both armed and one wearing leather armour, have just been wiped out by a single rat.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    You are supposed to tap on the sparkle, but we have submitted an update to make the tappable area bigger. Hopefully it gets approved quick...

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just thought I'd bump it up since no one replied yet : (

Really does sound like something I'd love but I like things to be deep and have lots of choices/strategy too.

5. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I switched to traditional controls and I had no issues with double tapping to pickup objects, hope this help. IPad2.

6. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Ha! Ha! You've gotta use the spells but I know what you mean.

7. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #107 worldcitizen1919, Feb 20, 2014
    I'll try traditional again. I could pick up the stuff on the shelves but not a key on the floor. The spell effects are good but what do you do when mana runs out? I'm nowhere near an inn that I know of so how am I going to replenish mana.

Doesn't mana replenish over time? Both mana and health should replenish. Not sure if they do or not.

Edit: ok I got the iron key by using the look down arrow on the traditional controls. Is there a look down on the touch controls? There must be I just don't know how. The reason I think people can't pick it up is not because the sparkle is not big enough but because they can't look down or don't know how using touch. How do I look down using touch?

8. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I think during the tutorial it says to use pinch, like how you zoom in on something, google map for example.

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, pinch to look down.
    Unfortunately, there's only that tutorial when you start a new game.
    I forgot what it said, and couldn't find a help menu anywhere.
    I had to start a new game to read the help/tutorial screen again.

It would be nice for new players to be able to access that from the menu anytime they wish.

10. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Silversword and Questlord are both Bards Tale clones.

11. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    ....erm, Ertian Odyssey? ;)

12. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    I was wondering a couple of things. I'm down a few levels now but my party is starving. I have over 100 gold but have no idea how to get back to the inn to spend it on rations. I went back the way I came but it's blocked through the blue flame in the corridor. How do I replenish mana? can this only be done if you find a bed and rest or level up? and lastly, the Coldfire Golems are ridiculously hard for this early on. I don't want to leave these segments unexplored but I'm having too as my whole party is being wiped. Any help would be much appreciated.

13. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    What happened to the floating damage numbers shown in the recent gameplay video? If they're gone can we have them back?

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    If you go fishing, you can get more food pretty easily.
    Hope that helps!

15. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Hmm I would love too but couldn't afford a fishing rod at the beginning and can't get back to purchase one now, any ideas?

16. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Ok I've had quite a good play around with this and here's some feedback.

1. Picking up items from shelves works ok no problems. There are some items on the ground which become out of view in the touch controls so I couldn't pick them up. The workaround was to change to traditional controls and use the looking down control. When you can see it close picking it up is NO PROBLEM at all.

2. Enemies- killing rats is EASY but not at first. You have to search every nook and cranny for better weapons (they ARE there) then killing them becomes much easier. Once you level up it gets easier to kill rats. Don't forget to use MAGIC to ATTACK as well as HEAL in the beginning. The difficulty does NOT need to be tweaked. You need to look around, find better stuff and use your magic and healers and defeating rats becomes easy.

3. I LOVE the resurrection marble tables. They not only look good but if you have a dead character you can bring them back to life but not their manna.

4. There's portals that once you find you can transport to.

5. I've got to dungeon level 4. My main concern currently is manna. I'm getting deeper in the dungeon and need to find a way to restore manna. A night in a bed is expensive so I hope another way comes along soon.

But so far it's been very interesting and I've only encountered rats so far so I can see this getting a whole lot more exciting as I build up my characters and become more skilled as well as find better weapons and new enemies. So far only rats but I'm sure there's much more than rats and I'm really enjoying this and give it 5/5.

17. Reciprocator

Reciprocator Member

Feb 20, 2014
    If you use the rod, while standing on one of the red glowing circles, you can teleport back up and walk to the inn.

18. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    You were told by the inn girl you needed the conduit rod to get back. It's there somewhere on level 2 I think so you need that to be able to transport around from conduit (red portals) to conduit. I'm back at the inn after transporting but I don't have enough for a fishing rod! Ha! Ha! I want to get that so I don't have to starve. As for manna I'm still hoping to be able to find something that restores manna because the bed and breakfast costs too much.

19. Reciprocator

Reciprocator Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Game Impressions

1. Picking up items that require a double-click is frustrating as hell. Single-touch, like gold, is fine. For reference, the device is a 3rd gen iPad using traditional controls.

2. As requested above, scrolling combat text as an option would be nice.

3. It might be a good idea to mention in one of the tutorial screens how to equip items. I did figure it out eventually, but it was counterintuitive to use a drop box. I thought at first I was just having issues double-clicking items in my inventory to equip them.

4. I'm really enjoying the game, so far. Just started encountering goblins regularly. Still running for my life when I open a door with a coldfire golem behind it :eek:

20. Reciprocator

Reciprocator Member

Feb 20, 2014
    I haven't actually used any rations yet because I go back to the altars to heal up instead of using magic. Is there a hunger mechanic based on number of turns elapsed that I haven't noticed? Has anyone figured out how to sell items? I can just afford a fishing rod now, but it will mean I don't get to rest at the inn to replenish mana...