Universal Coldfire Keep - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. babarth64

babarth64 New Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Pretty good game so far... Needs serious work on picking up items. Double click rarly works and most of the time takes a lot of frustrating taps to pick an item up.. And often you can't pick the item up at all.

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Yeah double click on items really isn't working properly.

Also, how do you equip weapons? I have a dagger and a cleaver now and the "use" button is disabled for all of my characters. Some mouse is ripping my party apart because my warrior can't fight and my Mage casts "sparks" which seems to have no effect.

Anyone?

3. Bullos

Bullos Member

Sep 24, 2011
    I'm also having trouble with the double tap to pick up items and I'm using an ipad air.
    Would be good to be able to see how much damage you are doing when attacking and also a border for the auto mapping so you can tell a deadend from a corridor you haven't gone down yet.
    Other than that looks brilliant and the characters look great.
    Looking forward to losing myself and time in the dungeon.

4. stevejarman

stevejarman Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Ok. Just in case there is a problem with double tap on certain iPad models, I'm going to add an option that will do both the name display, and target character on a single tap. If you then don't want to pick it up, you just close the character selector.

5. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    Cold fire keep iOS version of Grimlock

Quest lord iOS version of Dungeon Master

I guess these two will keep me entertained until the other two hit iOS someday ;)

6. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Crashed when I tapped on the dagger in the inn.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Equipping weapons is a touch control. If you touch 'weapon' for example on the person who has the weapon in their inventory then you'll see something like 'knife' etc. the same for armour. I just equipped leather armour. It appears under armour in a drop down menu when you touch armour but it has to be in the character's inventory.

8. stevejarman

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep - you just use the drop-down lists on the character sheet to equip items they have in their possession, that they are qualified to use.

9. Mephala

Mephala Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Crashed when I tapped the leather armor too but then I reloaded and walked one round to go pick up the dagger first instead, it worked.

Having trouble picking up items too and would love a damage indicator too.

Playing on iPhone 4S.

Loving the game! Great selection of portraits. :)

10. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Nope!

Cold fire keep iOS version of Grimrock/Dungeon Master

Questlord iOS version of Bard's Tale

11. Mephala

Mephala Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Ok, not sure if if is definitive but it was easier to pick up items when I switched from traditional controls back to touch controls.

Steve: Quick question. Are there secret buttons on the wall and secret combination of levers like Eye of the Beholder? I couldn't open 2 wooden doors by Iona's and wondering if I missed something. Thanks!

12. stevejarman

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    I've just implemented the "One-Tap Pickup" option for v1.1. I actually quite like it - feels streamlined - and it should solve the issue for anyone that is experiencing issues with the double-tap sensitivity.

Yes there are secret buttons, lever sequences, etc. I don't think there's any wooden doors in the first level though. Not sure which ones you're referring to?

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

He refers to the two wodden doors at the Inn. Those are open at first, and also open, I assume, when you're buying Meat&Bed.

Steve - I am loving the game. The story and setting reminds me a lot of my favourite game book "Deathtrap Dungeon". The bantering between the characters is cool and the whole game is thoughtful and well designed. You can clearly see that a gamer at heart made this. Good job, well worth my 5 bucks!

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Agreed :).

The one-touch solution sounds ideal. BTW, two-finger strafing has never quite worked for me.

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Btw., Steve - did you consider to port this to PC? I'd love to vote for it on Steam Greenlight.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...then what is SilverSword the iOS version of?

17. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    As it should be! I may have to bite on this one =) Freemium kiling me anyway.

Though I keep trying to hold my breath for Out There though... eeiiiii

18. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Really liking this so far, haven't played many like it and those I did play I wasn't really keen on so this is a pleasant surprise. Those rats are vicious though! ;)

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was very interested when TA made a post about this game before it was released but not so much after it said there isn't much strategy/skill choices or class variety.

Just looking for opinions on this.

20. coolwhip

coolwhip New Member

May 22, 2013
    I've read this entire thread up to this point and I'm incredibly impressed by Steve's interaction with the users and his dedication to the game. I was on the fence but I'm buying it to support this dev.