Universal Coldfire Keep - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Wing Optimus

Wing Optimus Member

Jan 11, 2014
    #61 Wing Optimus, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    That's really strange... I just double checked and it's not showing up anymore. The last time I did it, Coldfire Keep was listed last (after Clash of Puppets)

:(

Edit: Hold on, found it.

After searching Crescent Moon Games, select any game such as Evertales.
    Select Crescent Moon Games to find a list of CMG titles.
    Scroll down.
    Coldfire Keep is listed between Raid Leader Free and Mimpi Hidden Objects

2. LavaLevel

LavaLevel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    game developer
    Houston Texas
    Really excited to give this a go! Should be available in about 1 hour 20 minutes!

3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I can't wait! This is surely going to be my app of the week!

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yeah! Coldfire Keep is here!

5. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Questions:

Does this game make use of the functionality of the A7 processor?

I notice the tutorial screen mentions button A, B, etc. Does this one support external controller?

Lastly, how do my party side-step without using "traditional control"?

6. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Coming to Android? Prefer to play this on my tablet

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Steve, is there any way to revive a party member -- or replace him? Or do
    I have to start a new game?

8. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #68 Bool Zero, Feb 20, 2014
    So can we expect something in the way of Might and Magic series RPGs next outing? I'm all for this style, but I would love to see an open world game with dungeons and such like that series for iOS.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This has got my attention though I like to see my toons as toons not just static portraits especially when fighting. I like to see the battle with the characters not just the effects and an ohh and an ahhh.

It looks good though and I'm interested except for the above. I'm very tempted to buy but might just wait a while for more info.

10. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes what happens when a character dies or becomes useless when mana runs out etc?

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Yeah, haven't found a way to recover mana. Also, I tried to rest at the inn, and was told that I already have "a room and meal" -- not clear on how to use it.

12. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    We'll I've played it for an hour this morning and it seems really good. You don't start out with anything to begin with, you have to sort of find your weapons and gold before venturing down to the next level. I was accosted by a rat on the first level and he practically munched my front warrior to death so I think you may be expected to die a little early on in the game. Loving it so far though and will post further impressions once I've played it more. Nice graphics too.

13. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Have ventured quite a bit and no matter what, I have yet to master the double tap to pick up items. I don't have a controller either so any plans for a button /control to pick up? Have tapped quite a few times repeatedly without success.

14. stevejarman

stevejarman Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    A7 - not specifically. Yes, external controller support is what those buttons refer to. Side-step on touch controls is a two-finger swipe.

Will likely port to Android if the game does okay and people seem keen for it.

Party members can be revived at altars or later through a resurrection spell. The first altar appears on the 2nd level, just before the barrier. You only have to get through two rats to get there :)

Yes, yes, and yes. It's all in the works.

You can recover mana by sleeping. Later, via an amulet. To use your room and meal, just go into one of the back rooms and touch a bed :)

15. stevejarman

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    One of the beta testers struggled a bit too. Out of curiosity, what device are you playing on?

It's never missed on any of my play-testing. Tap for description, double-tap to pickup. Works every time.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Thanks! Really enjoying the game.

17. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    iPad 3. Sadly only the single tap is working, not double. Trust me, I have tapped quite a bit to the point my fingers are getting sore.

Plus since that screen is only one time, I had to create another party to see that screen again, be nice to have that info in some format to reference via a help screen.

18. stevejarman

Feb 13, 2013
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    I don't know if it's something specific to that device. I don't have one here to test with.

If it helps, the collider on objects is centered on the "sparkly" bit in the middle. Try making sure that that's where you're tapping and see if it makes a difference.

Please let me know.

19. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Bought. I lost years to Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder back in the day.

20. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #80 CoreyB, Feb 20, 2014
    How do you pick up items? I'm in the beginning inn tring to equip the armor, I double touch it, then it shows the name and who can equip it but then when I touch who I want to have it the inventory opens. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I got it by rigorious tapping. Something is a little off though, I'm also using an ipad 3.