iPad Cold War

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kasei, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Kasei

Kasei Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #1 Kasei, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    Has anyone checked out Cold War? I saw this the other day and grabbed it. It is an interesting take on an old arcade classic. Wish I had thought of this.

Cold War

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Cold War

Links are always nice :)

Welcome to the forums! I don't think this game has been mentioned anywhere, but it looks like a solid little game

3. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    Kinda reminds me of the Movie "WAR GAMES" and the game Missile Command. Would have TOFTT but the description & screen shots are skimpy.

4. Kasei

Kasei Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Yeah that is what I was thinking when I saw it "War Games". The wheel aspect is pretty cool though. I haven't seen that before in a game like this. Usually you have to touch the screen. Here you have to remember the abort code and enter it. I noticed you can destroy more than one missile when they are clustered together.

5. Kalemis

Kalemis Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Hope you like it!

Hello everyone,
    I'm a long-time reader of the forums, but new to posting. I helped work on this game so I thought I'd chime in:
    First of all, thanks for the interest! This is our first game, its concept is simple, but I think it's fun, in a hectic, holy-crap-these-missiles-keep-coming kinda way. We appreciate your feedback on the store description and screen shots.

If you get the game, take note that the incoming missiles pause as you're entering the code (wheels are spinning) . While this isn't crucial in the early stages, you'll find you wont get far later on without this method. Oh, and Kasei is right, if you disarm the warhead close to another, its explosion will take that one out as well, adding to your score multiplier!

Again, thanks for your interest in Cold War