Universal Coin Drop [by Full Fat Games] - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Juuicetin

Juuicetin Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I remember Full Fat saying that they rereleased the game under the name Scramblies instead. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but it is a shame that Coin Drop was pulled because it had a nice charm to it that looks much better than Scramblies in my opinion.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    It won't come back because they released the same game with different skins and maybe some different levels as a freemium app. You can get the original from purchased or iTunes if you backed it up

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    #203 soldat7, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Unbelievable. How does Apple allow this? I'm demanding a refund.

This has become disturbingly common and is highly unethical.

Has a site like TA ever done an investigation into this type of behavior? Good grief.

4. Is there any easy way to find programs in the purchased log? I got like 5000 games, and if I have to scroll though all of them, it will take days...

Tried to do searchs for coin drop, but it doesn't show up in my purchased log. I bought this game a long time ago, and then deleted it with the intent if loading it back one day.

So is there an easy way to find it in the purchased log without having to scroll though all those games. Can't see why the search function won't work, or is the game totally pulled which means we can't load it though the purchased menu? I've lost some games this way too.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If you can't find it with search in purchase history, then you never had it (on the iTunes account you're logged in to), or it was pulled from the servers completely.

6. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I just checked my purchased apps and the original Coin Drop was available to download. (purchase history definitely needs a search option, thankfully they've added the 'hide' option)

if you ever delete it off your device, you can always redownload it later.

At least Full Fat left this option for users (downloading the original), rather than other devs who just convert the existing app and leave no way for the users to get the original back.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It has had one for quite some time, at least on iPad and iPhone AppStores. I wouldn't be surprised if computer itunes still lacks that feature. It's one of Apple's worst pieces of software.

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    It does but you cannot search for apps that are no longer in the app store, like the Star Wars titles for example. Same on the iPhone.

9. Well, definitely bought it, it was one of my first programs that I bought, don't know why haha, but it had good reviews.

I've had this problem before with pulled games where I would do a search, and then couldn't find it. But if I scrolled through 5000 entries in my purchased section, it would show up.

Maybe it was because I mistyped the name to not the exact name, but it seems to not find them in search. For example, tried all these pulled games

Tetris
    Bejeweled 2
    Coin drop
    Astrowings
    Crates nightshift
    Kick the buddy

I dunno, there are a lot more, but if I try these in my search on purchased, none of then show up. So I don't think that search works.

Most of these have shown up if I scroll though the 5000 games, but this can be a very long process, so it is not worth my time or aggravation for a buck. But it is pretty dissapointing to completely lose games. Games like crates nightshift changed developers and it changed names to freight frenzy, that game I can't find at all now. So I guess it was pulled completely.

Anyway, I kind of feel that that search function doesn't seem to work well for pulled games. But if others here have bought games like the old tetris or bejeweled 2 and got it to show under the searchs, I would be surprised, cause it doesn't work for me. Unless the names are slightly different.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Well that's pretty bogus. Thanks for clearing that up. I just tried it out myself, and had the same problem. C'mon Apple :p

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Have you tried to search in your purchase history under 'alphabetical order' instead of newest/oldest? You'd get right to it then, I reckon.

12. Yeah, but 5000/26 x 3 still means searching through about 577 entries, and it still takes a lot of times to go through them, and after awhile your eyes get tired, and you might miss it, and then of course you have to take bathroom breaks haha...

Kind of stretching it a little, but I have given up long ago worrying about these pulled apps. Not worth it for a buck, and even though Apple may give refunds for completely pulled games, they make it hard as well to get refunds. Just by us not being able to not be able to do searches for pulled apps kind of sucks.

But I haven't had my ios devices for very long, and I have 5000 downloaded apps. I figure there just be some people out there with 50,000 downloaded apps, must be crazy for them to go though their purchased apps to find one pulled program.

Anyway, I'm not really worrying about it. Coin drop never stayed on my ipad, so even if I spent the time to find it, I would probably delete it fairly fast. But it is disappointing to see it up here on the threads and seeing that it was pulled.

13. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Yup. It's in the purchased history but you can't search for it.

14. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I really hope that Apple adds proper search for Purchases at some point. Searching for coin drop took a while and made me realise how many (mostly crap) games I've bought/downloaded, would be a giant pain to go through if I was looking for more games.

15. Your description of the games gave me a chuckle.

I wish they had a filter of which games you actually paid money for, then it wouldn't be so bad. But to mix every single free game you got sometimes can be overwhelming, and it is soooo slow panning though the list 12 at a time.

Just glad that some of you checked so I don't have to go through my list of 5000 games downloaded. If it is still there under purchases and I can still load it up, I'm happy.

A couple of games were permantly gone, mostly due to copyright issues or when a developer changed companies. But I have never lost sleep over them cause it isn't worth the headaches of finding them in purchases, or asking Apple for a refund. Don't know if they would, but they should if you lose it permantly.

Just glad that it seems that I can restore Coin Drop sometime in the future.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I kept hoping to see the next set of levels released. I had already given up most of the hope a while back, but still this is a bummer. Loved this game. :(

17. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Same here mannnn. I loved that game, oozed charm, cool music and each world added something new to the gameplay. And unlike other genres that got flooded, I never saw another game like it. They did remake it as 'Scramblies' with eggs replacing the coins, but suddenly that disappeared too! Too bad.

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Totally true, that game rocked and its gone forever. Bad move from the devs

19. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    There's no way to update to a newer version, correct? I have an old version of it still loaded on my iphone

20. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I believe if you delete the app and then renownload it from your purchased cloud you'll get the last version of it. Problem is in iOS 6 you can't access your cloud from your phone, or at least I can't.

Love this game, by the way. Will never delete it.