Universal Coin Drop [by Full Fat Games] - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Most of the games that I picked up after they went free were anywhere from meh to bad, but this one is really good. Might I suggest that GC achievements be added? It seems like this game would go hand in hand with achievements.

2. dsigns

dsigns Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    +1 On both statements but I would really like achievements.

3. CrispyDio

CrispyDio Member

May 4, 2011
    #183 CrispyDio, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    <Snip>

I'd like to stress that this is a feeling on *my* part and in no way representative of anyone else who I may work for or with. I just feel that it's way too easy for people to overlook how severely their actions may impact those who take time to make these games.

4. sg2noname

sg2noname Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Is it a shame if I hadn't tried Peggle yet?
    As for this Coin Drop, I love the graphics, and seems you get many tricks and a rich mixture of bonus n other stuffs there.
    Will check it out later!

5. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Your always going to get that from the iOS community, they are used to getting so much content for practically nothing these days... thank Rovio for getting that ball rolling :rolleyes:

@CrispyDio I'm a huge fan of this game and I truly believe it's a better experience than Peggle on iPhone. I just like the lower levels of stress I get from this compared to the latter :)
    I have one question. The affects generated when you collect objects are beautiful imo. Are they all procedural generated circles or is it a piece of art being manipulated?

Does anyone know if there's a blog or site somewhere that describes the process to create this type of beautiful affect?

6. CrispyDio

CrispyDio Member

May 4, 2011
    All of the amazing in-game effects were created code-side by the super-talented Ishi; I believe that, for the most part, he's manipulating sprites to achieve them.

7. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Chrs. You tell Ishi he's a Solid Gold Dancer ;)

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Really enjoying the game. So much in fact that to help offset some of those one stars in the AppStore I'm going to rate it a five star along with the fact that it's such a terrific casual game and worth every star.

9. misterdetroit

misterdetroit Active Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Why didn't apple just feature it instead of makin it free? It truly is an excellent game. I bought it about three weeks ago and I'm still attempting three stars on every level :)

10. CrispyDio

CrispyDio Member

May 4, 2011
    #190 CrispyDio, Jun 26, 2011
    Thank you very much.

I'm happy for people to rate the game any score they want really - and I'd not be upset if the one-star reviewers genuinely believed that was all it was worth and actually gave valid, constructive criticism that backed up their opinion.

<Snip>

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Wait, Apple can choose to run a promotion on some app? Does the dev get any say in it?

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That's exactly what I was wondering as well! Never heard of any other game being promoted by Apple for free. (or it is completely hidden from the consumers view) Why would they get their own developers mad by randomly choosing games to offer for free?

I hope the developer still got compensated for the downloads otherwise that is totally unfair.

13. CrispyDio

CrispyDio Member

May 4, 2011
    #193 CrispyDio, Jun 26, 2011
    <Snip>

Too much sidetracking from what's meant to be a happy game, though! I hope that everyone still playing it continues to enjoy it.

14. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I think you have just experienced first hand what many developers before you have - you can't win. Any change in anything and bam people feel they have some sort of power to alter the app store universe by rating a game 1 star.

Lucky for you there are forums like these where people get impressions as opposed to the free for all known as the app store review section. And anyone in their right mind SHOULD read the 1 star reviews and see what they are saying and that it is not some kind of technical problem that is making them rate that but some selfish reason.

Buying a game in the app store is a risk. Period. Soon as people realize that we will all be better off.

I doubt this makes you feel better, but I tried.

But I do think it is low of Apple to put your game for free without your approval.

15. CrispyDio

CrispyDio Member

May 4, 2011
    I just want to say that this is completely and utterly the wrong end of the stick and we did agree to it. No focus on this part please >_<

16. sakanou

sakanou Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I absolutely adore this game. Hooked me right from the beginning.
    Unfortunately I'm stuck 2 stars short from fully completing it: Just Desserts Level 4 (Cog Party) and Level 7 (Bashenburg) are breaking my nerves trying to get the 3 star score.
    Did any of you achieve this?

17. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Well I found it quite difficult to put this game down once I'd started it! Very colorful and pretty, you can't help but smile! So I got 3 stars on every level, and had great fun in doing so.

Big thanks to the devs for a great app, and to TA for recommending it so highly!

Add me on GC to try and beat my scores - Andy C83.

18. itigger

itigger Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    cog party

that one is truly a bummer, I tried to get at it in all different ways, but so far, still no luck on finishing with 3 stars ... if someone has a word of advice on how to beat that level, well, I finally would have gotten thru it all, of course, till the next update - hopefully soon - will add more levels

19. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    When/why was this pulled from the app store?

20. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    That's a shame. This is an excellent game. Hopefully it comes back.