Universal Codex: The Warrior (By Kuung Games, Corp.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    .....best.....game.......ever.

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    If you've never played this game I suggest you take a spin at the infinity blade series :)

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Game is quite good.

4. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Nothing fishy about this post at all!

I'll give it a shot when I have more time, but it looks like a lesser IB. I watched a lot of the video above, and it looked like most/all battle rewards were like "look at these two great things, and one mediocre thing you can get!" and then it was always the mediocre thing.

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Wow, such nice graphics (judging from the App Store screenies) packed in under 100MB? What sorcery is this?

6. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Can't see this in UK on the store, am i missing something?

7. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I love this game. I'm on the final tier and it's brutal.

You can get rare weapons / shields as drops from champions, which is better than anything you can forge from a blueprint that costs gems. (They're called Artifacts)

I'm not a spender, but a couple $10 gem buys got me all the premium gear I need. I've certainly paid more for games I enjoyed less.

There seems to be 3 sets of armor (head, chest, arms and legs) each tier. The regular stuff you get from enemies and chests, the heavy version that costs a lot of gems (blueprints from prior boss) and then blueprints that you get as rare drops from champions and bosses which cost less gems.

I've got 3 pieces of the infernal set, I just need some materials to get the 4th set. It's nice you can replace gems for the materials to forge anyway, but it's cheaper and more fun hunting for what's needed.

Same with weapons except the best tier doesn't need blueprints/gems.

I always sell dropped equipment to have enough gold, and then upgrade with materials found in the stages and infinity tower.

I never spend gems to restart the infinity tower. I always spend gold to go back 10 floors and then throw the match. (Let the enemy kill me)
    Repeat until I'm on the floor I want.

Got the Tier 5 Artifact shield. It's pretty incredible.

Again, I love this game.

8. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Man, I'm going through withdrawal. They're doing a 3 DAY server maintenance.

I hope that means a significant update coming soon. I don't know why else on earth it would take this long to do a maintenance.

The notice I received stated it should be completed June 16th with the possibility of it being done sooner.

I've sent two emails to their customer service. One about this maintenance, one asking a few questions about game aspects.

Never heard anything back.

I hope I can play again soon...

9. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I am a beast.

[​IMG]

...that's me in the number one slot if no one else figured that out.

Still jamming this game, even though I've beat it. I'm starting to think that there's 1 artifact per tier. (tier 5 has a shield, tier 4 has a sword, etc.) Bummer that Tier 4 artifact was weaker than a Tier 5 premium. It had a sweet design to it.

10. EverSoul

EverSoul Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Got a big surprise on this game today. I thought there was only one artifact per tier - in tier 5's case, the archangel shield that dropped after little grinding.

Just today, I got another tier 5 artifact, a weapon. It's a pallet swap of the tier 1 artifact axe the game gives you after so many days... but it's got good stats.

Other artifacts dropped from champions for me. This artifact weapon dropped from a boss after getting S ranks in both clear time and health.

Pretty cool!!!