Universal Codex of Victory (by AKPublish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #121 Nullzone, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    @xcxc: Normally, I would just quit the game at that point, when things turn into a grindfest.
    But for one I was curious myself how the high-end abilities and modules affect gameplay (Ironheart is a damage monster by now, and the Knight is incredibly tanky). And of course I wanted to at least try them for the guide ;)

However, after having played like 15 or so of them, I lowered the difficulty to Easy for grinding through the timer missions to gather enough resources. The grind is bad enough on Easy. Playing like another 50 or more of those on Hard just makes me cringe.

Oh, and:
    I found that having one Uranium Factory during early game is pretty much needed, at least on Hard. Without it, you are short on Uranium for upgrades for a good long while: and that is during a phase of the game where the difficulty ramps up. Playing without units upgraded to level 4 would be quite tedious and difficult, for some missions I even dare say impossible.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i know this game is old, but today it is on sale for 2 bucks... a steal!

an outstanding turn based strategy game, why nobody talks about it anymore?

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The one thing holding me back when the game was originally released was that there is no saving mid mission.
    The devs replied that they would think about adding it.
    Was it ever implemented?

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    not yet, unfortunately... and at this point it seems very unlikely

5. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Price drop or sale.99. Thinking of picking it up. I’ve read some negative and positive stuff about it, but at this price it might be worth it. Don’t really want to read thru the entire thread. Can someone who has played it hop in and give an opinion on whether yay or nay on this purchase.

Thank you

6. How well it performs now? The last update was out in 2017

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    If you can get past it having the wrong screen size for new phones then it’s a no brainier for 99.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #128 stubbieoz, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Thanks for the heads up!
    I played it on my iPad Pro for a short time and it plays and looks great.
    Going for over 20bucks AUD on Steam so at this price it’s an absolute steal. Mostly positive reviews over there as well.
    The touch controls are excellent.

Still no saving mid battle but like all mobile games you can just leave it open in the background and it will continue, even after shutting your device down (I actually only realised that fact a month or so ago... doh) o_O

yankeeblue000 likes this.