Universal Codex of Victory (by AKPublish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks, Alexey! And downloading ;) Really looking forward to playing more.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #82 Nullzone, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    And the fix works, great job, thanks again!
    Just won the Chancellor mission, lots of stuff to do now ;) Will make notes as my time allows and post more later.

Here's what I did before the Chancellor mission, made it pretty easy on Normal difficulty:
    In the Workshop, I distributed my Modules like this:
    - Attack Vehicle (I'll just call those Jeeps from now on) : HP+1. This allows them to survive one (more) hit from the smaller enemies that do 2-3 damage. Another option is to give them the Damage+1, so they can take down the 6HP Gunships in two hits instead of three. But as it also reduces their HP by one, it makes them too fragile in my opinion.
    - Tank: Regeneration +1. Didn't really need it, but good filler.
    - Battle Armor: Regen+1. Again, didn't need it. Should have given it to the Turret, so it can survive another hit.
    - Gun Turret: Nothing. Should have gotten a HP+1.
    - Artillery: Damage+1/HP-1. The bit of extra boom didn't hurt.

I lost 4 or 5 Jeeps, everyone else survived. But that's ok in my book, with the amount of large-caliber fire coming at you ;)
    I think it's possible with only 2-3 Jeeps losses, but I want to play on too much to try again.

Put it into spoiler tags for now. If you folks think it's not (too) spoilerish, I can remove them for easier reading.

UPDATE: Crap, I lost my Turret and just noticed I cannot build them yet. Ah well, I'll roll with it and see how things turn out.

3. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    just wanted to add that drones (+100% damage) is a big help for those tanky enemies (deploy only when you are about to attack since AI seems to love to ff them).

later in the game, I just mostly rely on heroes+protection/regen/damage modules since they can't be hacked.
    my most used unit later in the game is the jeep just to remove wards/shields.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #84 Nullzone, Jun 21, 2017
    @Xcxc: Thanks for the hints!
    I only have the one Drone you get for completing the Chancellor mission, and like you say it's really squishy and high on the enemy's target list.

I had to quit trying to win the "Capture Territory for the Foundry" mission, as my battery ran dry.
    Of course, you could brute-force it to a certain degree and be done with it. But, as CoV also has resource management, I restarted several times to try minimising my losses.
    Equipping the Mech with a Regen module, and sniping the heavy stuff with his skill before you move to catch the +1AP Base in the NW and then the first enemy base works pretty well. Shoot, weather the return fire, retreat to heal up as needed. Sure, it's slow, but better than losing a bunch of tanks in a (doomed) head-on assault.
    Also, I gave my Tanks the Move+1/HP-1 Module to speed them up a bit.
    As Arty is quite squishy, they'll get the HP+3/AP+1 Module next try: that lets them survive one hit from enemy arty.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Battery Drain - can that be improved?

@Alexey: As I wrote in my last post, CoV sucks my Air1's battery dry like a Dyson9000 ;)
    Any chance you can optimise for less drain? E.g. an option to reduce graphics quality for when I need to prioritise battery life over good visuals?

Also, I noticed that it tries to connect to the Internet on startup.
    Question: When I have my Wifi turned off, does it keep looking for a connection? Or does it only try once at startup - and when you send it to the background and then bring it up again?
    If it keeps checking, that would explain the battery drain. If that's indeed the case, I strongly suggest to change it to checks on startup and "back to foreground" only.

6. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    It only checks your internet once on start to log in to the Game Center.
    We'll look into battery time.

7. Avaniar

Avaniar Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2016
    3 things.
    1 amazing updatee,everything is working fine now
    2 capture 2 mines mission is hellish if you try and do it before finishing the research centre... i lost all my units (except for turret, which i misplaced and keep forgetting you can undo moves) and had to finish with my hero. And i won because i killed every single unit on the map lol and my hero was with 1hp left. I will just roll with it anyway.
    3 my air1 bat is not getting very pummelled I think. I lost 10% while playing for 1hour (wifi iff and like 10% brightness).

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Still hoping for mid mission saves #

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Don't rush them ;) Alexey already wrote they are looking into it. Saves are far from trivial, and tacking them on afterwards even more so. I'd expect a month till they are available, and that's VERY optimistic.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Quick update on battery drain:
    I just played the "Importance of Metal" mission for 15 minutes", with slightly below 50% Brightness and no Nightmode. Drained from 85% to 83%, which looks a lot better than what I had this morning (going from 30% to 5% in an hour at most).

In the morning, I played with lower Brightness (~30% maybe), but with Nightmode on. Could be that this drains more battery. I'll test that when I have time later today, and report back.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #91 Nullzone, Jun 21, 2017
    Battery Drain - Update

@Alexey: Not sure if you can/need to do anything/much to improve battery drain.

I ran some tests during my smokebreaks. Want to do some more to have more data, but it seems as if iOS Nightmode might be the culprit:
    Brightness was the same for all 3 runs, ~50% as before. Volume set to 1.
    I played 2 sessions of 15 minutes each, without Nightmode. They each drained 2% battery, from 85 to 83 and 69 to 67 %.

First odd observation:
    When I switch Nightmode on after round 1, it took ~10 seconds, then my battery status dropped from 83 to 78% .
    I then played 15 minutes with Nightmode on, that drained from 78 to 69%, 4.5 times what no-Nightmode needed.
    I'll run another session or two with Nightmode later, and update again.

UPDATE:
    Ran two more - one with Nigthtmode and one without, and the numbers are like the above:
    Normal mode drained from 59 to 56 % in ~10 minutes.
    Nightmode went from 55 to 44 % in ~15 minutes.

So it really seems - at least on my Air1 - it's that which drains battery faster.
    Only odd thing is that I never noticed that before with other games; and I play in Nightmode quite a lot because it's easier on my eyes.

12. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Night Shift is an additional processing filter on top of the normal display, so yes, it lowers battery life.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I know, I use it all the time ;) I was just surprised that it makes such a huge difference here.
    Ah well, the good thing to take away is that without CoV is playing pretty nice with the battery :)

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Question: Satellite Scanning and Attacks

@Alexey:
    I wonder what your intent behind the Satellite Scanning and the attack when the timer runs out is.
    If it was to present a sense of urgency to the player, it didn't do a good job for me:
    I just assumed I need to do the next mission before the timer runs out, and started upgrading all my units as far as I could (level 4). When I was done, I had almost 4 days left on the timer.
    Then I got curious what happens when timer runs out and just forwarded time. The fight was pretty easy with the boosted units, nothing to write home about.

After that, the timer started again with I think 4 days on it. I didn't sit it out this time, just played the Baron mission and won it easily.

If you want players to move faster, I think you need to severely reduce the timer and make the attack when it runs out almost impossible to win.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #95 Nullzone, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    And some things I am missing:
    1) During battles, the max. HP of a unit should also be shown. Best in the usual current/max (e.g. 3/7) format.
    2) The option to demolish existing rooms. E.g. I don't really need two Foundries (yet), and would scrap one if I could.

3)When assigning Modules to units:
    a) See the effect of a module without removing it from the unit, I suggest via longtap.
    b) Add modules by tapping them instead of drag&drop: one tap to select it, another to send to an empty slot. The current "tap to remove, drag to put in" is a bit counter-intuitive, also drag is more work than tap and I'm lazy ;)

16. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    That should work already. Tap on module, tap on a free slot.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks Alexey! Silly me, I didn't think about trying that. Yes, works ;)

18. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm thinking of buying this. Is this more similar to X-Com or a 4X?

19. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    It is a storybased, X-Comish base building and Advance Wars- like battle. It is not 4X.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just hopping by real quick to say that the missions are getting pleasantly harder now that I am looking for the
    Alien Mothership
    Really have to think now and apply all kinds of more advanced approaches than my early "steamroller made out of Mechs and support units". Nice challenge, I like it ;)