Universal Codex of Victory (by AKPublish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jun 15, 2017.

1. s4r3th

s4r3th Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Yes please, been replaying it 3 times already, no luck, cant pass it.
    Thanks

2. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Hey developer,

Is there any chance that you'll also remove references to "click the left mouse" button (for example) in the instructions? It's almost like you copied/pasted the text without checking, which is a shame because clearly there's a lot of work in this game

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    .....and developer person......probably the answer is no but no harm asking....any chance of mid mission manual saves?

4. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Sure, it is in out issue tracker as minor-visual flow. But we need to get rid from bigger problems first. (we are not big in number unfortunately:) )

5. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

When mid game or saves hit, I'm in!

6. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Regarding mid-mission saves. Missions were made to be short and it is currently hard to add saves to them, but we are researching this opportunity.

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for looking into this.
    While I have no figures or statistics to back me up, I think that being able to save at any time is a real plus for a lot of mobile gamers.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I could only play up to the Chancellor mission, but except for that crashbug - which the dev came by here to say they'll fix it asap - the first impressions I have are really good. Very well done game. Good graphics, fun and challenging gameplay, turnbased battles, lots of stuff to do, storyline seems interesting, etc.

Once the bug is fixed and I can play further, I am sure this will get a "definitely highly recommended" from me.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hello Alexey, and welcome to Toucharcade! I really appreciate it that you joined in and came by to talk to us.
    Regarding the Chancellor-mission bug: If you can give me an email address or other means (best send me a PM) to contact you, I can send you my crashlogs.

In-mission saves:
    Please put those second highest on your list, directly after the crashbug. For mobile gaming, they are incredibly important. Quite often, I have to suddenly put the iPad away and continue later, e.g. cause my smokebreak at work is over, or because my girlfriend or kid want me. And I almost never know if I can get back to playing in 2 minutes or 2 hours. And I'm sure other people have other scenarios (say, commuting) where they suddenly need to stop playing without (much) prior warning.

Thank you for helping out, very much appreciated!

10. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    PM sent.
    Regarding in mission savegames - I normally can do whatever I want on my iPad, except reloading it, and be able to return to the very same moment inside the battle the game was left, so we didn't see it as a critical issue, but now we are trying to find a way to add it.
    Also - the game is not supposed to run on 512 mb devices. I do not know, how they are still in the list of supported - investigating.

11. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    As Alexey is kindly responding here; are there plans to bring multiplayer to iOS?
    I sincerely hope so; this with asynchronous play would be a real treat.

12. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    There were plans to do it if the game performs well enough. Or as a F2P game in a separate release, as it may be hard to find enough opponents for a good multiplayer in a paid game.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks a lot for looking into it!

That's a known issue with Apple. You cannot really exclude specific devices. I know that devs used to jump through a lot of hoops (e.g. specifying "needs front camera" to exclude iPods) in the past to limit supposedly supported (according to Apple, but not true) devices, but don't know what the situation is like today.

And thanks for sending me the email address! Give me a bit, I'll send you the crashlogs as soon as I can.

14. maregasbvakija

Oct 1, 2012
    Played this mission 3 times, and every time the game crushed.

Mission Rescue mission - Asimov Bay

Mission objectives - defend the crash site from the enemy forces for 10 turns

Device ipad mini retina.

15. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Yes, successfully reproduced on iPad Air1. Fixing it now. ( Strangely it works fine on iPad4 which is older)

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That was fast, great job!
    Can I suggest you ask Apple for an expedited review if needed? Not sure if the review times are short enough these days that you don't need the speed review anymore. But if you do, a completely gamebreaking bug like this is usually a reason for them to agree to it.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Alexey: Sorry, no crashlogs here. I wanted to send them to you just now, but I did not see any for your game. Which is weird, as so far every other game crash produced a corresponding log.

18. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    First congratulations to fhe developers and welcome to TA!

I agree with adding the save feature as mobile gaming needs it. Although I see your point of keeping the game open in the background.
    The key is player flexibility.

Multiplayer would be great and I agree needing to frown fan base but you will likely notice premium gamers vs F2P does exist and I would urge you to consider keeping it part of Ev premium package as those who bought it could be frustrated to think they don't get multiplayer unless they play F2P and choose to buy premium.

I'm personally on the fence with the game not because it doesn't look amazing but because I have waaaaaay to many games to play and a backlog of 20+ games.

Thanks for consideration and good luck with your game!

19. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Unfortunately we didn't fix the bug yet, just reproduced. But it is halfway to fixing it. Trying now to repeat the bug under the debug version that has more logs to understand what went wrong.

20. Alexey Kozyrev

Jun 16, 2017
    Thank you! Yes, there is not enough debug information in this build.