Universal Codemasters - F1 Mobile Racing - now in soft launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chris Groves, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Soft launch I think. On their Twitter they said it’s soft launched in Australia now. Soon enough it’ll be in America I hope cause I’m getting anxious.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm not sure, I feel that it's still soft launch..
    I have mixed feelings for this, I love the way it looks and feels to drive, but in my opinion the free to play aspect is going to kill it for me. I would love an offline mode (even as a purchase) so that I could race all the circuits. At the moment it's structured as leagues.. each league only has a selection of the circuits, as you progress through the leagues, you unlock other tracks and some other stuff...
    All of this is online and you only progress through the leagues in duel mode (as in a duel with another player) from what I can tell..
    For me personally, if this was set up like F1 2016 on mobile(premium) it would be the best racer around....

MoluckY likes this.
  3. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Announced on twitter that the game releases for iOS on the 18th October https://twitter.com/f1mobileracing/status/1052182378641350656?s=21

Personal thoughts - graphics look amazing, like the idea of personalisation and challenges for multiplayer - concerned about seeming lack of offline/single player play and the complete lack of response whenever mfi controller support is asked about

Cooper04 likes this.
  4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    It's gone the way of quick bite gaming, one lap challenges are the majority of the gameplay, you have to race in the online duels to progress through the league's to unlock more tracks. ( You can't play all the tracks until you have unlocked them). You race your own car, and from what I see, you can only race the official cars if you pay for them. The top line teams , Merc, Ferrari and red bull each cost $19.99 AUD!! Far too much IMO. You can race other than duels, but they don't seem to contribute in any way to game progression...
    Looks and feels fantastic, but that is about it for me ...
    If it had a career mode, it would be awesome.

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Downloading now in UK

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'll be interested in your impressions.

Cooper04 likes this.
  7. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I’ve played it some cause it’s in USA now. I like it but I agree, needs offline mode. I think the issue is that this game wasn’t intended for that and they knew what they were doing. What I mean is they intentionally were going for that F2P style
    to encourage more payments and more players. But atleast it has no “fuel” timers.

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    No doubt!
    I would happily pay for a career mode option, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Cooper04 likes this.
  9. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I’d play this to my hearts content if they added that!