Universal Codemasters - F1 Mobile Racing - now in soft launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chris Groves, Jul 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Groves

Chris Groves Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Male
    Hey there! I'm Chris from the community team over at Codemasters, here with some rather exciting news for mobile gamers and Formula 1® fans...

F1MRSitePic-1.jpg

Our latest mobile game, F1® Mobile Racing, officially soft launched today on iOS in the territories of Thailand and the Phillipines! This begins our launch process for the free-to-play game, ahead of a full global launch in the near future.

As we reveal more details and the game arrives in further territories, I'll be adding all the info to this thread for you to check out. For now, get a taster of F1 Mobile Racing below, via our original announcment post...

---

Compete, Customise and Dominate in F1® Mobile Racing

Codemasters is pleased to announce an exciting new entry into the F1® games series: F1® Mobile Racing for iOS and Android devices. F1 Mobile Racing will deliver addictive gameplay, via an official, rewarding and thrilling F1 racing experience for players to enjoy on mobile devices.

“We’re delighted to bring an authentic F1 mobile game to the Free to Play audience for the first time,” commented Vincent Meulle, Executive Producer, Codemasters. “Formula 1® has a huge global fan-base and this bespoke mobile game will allow us to engage with a far broader audience.

“F1 Mobile Racing will feature all the teams, cars and circuits of the 2018 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ in an exhilarating, real time multiplayer experience. We are excited to bring a host of fresh, new features to the franchise including the ability to develop and customise your own F1 car for the first time.”

---

We can't wait to show you what F1 Mobile Racing is all about, so keep a close eye on this thread to stay up to date. Thanks guys! :)

2. Basco

Basco Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Really cool news, didn’t see this coming! Can you already tell a bit more about a global release date or is that too early to tell? Can’t wait to see any gameplay of it!

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Looks awesome I’ve always been a huge fan of f1 and have wanted a new mobile f1 game for a while

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Are you able to further discuss the free to play model? What are the IAPs, are there timers involved?
    Thanks

Cooper04 likes this.
  5. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I really hope we won’t have timers to race or I’ll probably not play the game

GPS likes this.
  6. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Let’s keep our fingers crossed I guess

7. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I have to admit, considering I think that F1 2016 mobile is one of the best games out there which I still play regularly, i'm disappointed that the newest game coming out doesn't seem to be bringing more of the same but but fixing the main issues (premium pay model, new cars, updated AI, mfi controller support) - I do admit however that often games dont have to be PC/Console clones to be excellent, infact often games excel when they embrace being on mobile so I am interested to see more about this game - anyone able to access the soft launch and post photos/feedback?

Cooper04 likes this.
  8. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I really want someone to post a softlaunch video

9. Chris Groves

Chris Groves Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Male
    Nice to meet you all - glad you're excited as we are about F1 Mobile Racing! It's really cool to see.

From IAP deets, to launch dates, to screenshots and trailers, as soon as we're able to release more info on the game, I'll be letting you guys know on this thread. Stay tuned :)

What are you all most excited to see? I know we've had a lot of chatter about the ability to customise your own F1 car...

Cooper04 likes this.
  10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #10 GPS, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Hi Chris, great to have you here!
    Changeable weather for me.. that would be excellent..
    Will you be expanding the soft launch regions before release? Perhaps Australia :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  11. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    If you get to test it will you show me some pics?

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    well have to see it it will be available here :)

Cooper04 likes this.
  13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Is this online multiplayer only, or can you race a championship offline? Thanks

Cooper04 likes this.
  14. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    I found a gameplay video

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I saw this last night, which prompted my question regarding if it’s online multiplayer, or if you can still race off line..
    If it’s online only , I probably won’t even bother..

Cooper04 likes this.
  16. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    Yeah I prefer offline racing also. One reason why is because some drivers are really dirty in multiplayer

17. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Exactly!

Cooper04 likes this.
  18. NIKEL

NIKEL Active Member

Oct 23, 2012
    RSA Engineer
    Its still kind of beta, but I was able to launch a single race and raced a few laps.
    Even with all assists off it feels very arcade for me. I can’t even spin car 180 degrees in turn... no penalties, no car damage. 100% arcade, nothing compared to simulator. You just race like a child and pay money for iAP.

Cooper04 likes this.
  19. Cooper04

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Texas
    That kinda disappoints me ): I was hoping for something like f1 2016

20. Chris Groves

Chris Groves Member

Jun 14, 2018
    Male
    Hey all! Glad to see you've spotted that F1 Mobile Racing began its soft launch phase in a handful of territories this weekend :)

Of course, as it's a soft launch, the game is still a work in progress and everyone here is hard at work refining the game, taking on player feedback and charging towards a full launch, so it's best to take anything you see/play with a pinch of salt ;) there's lots more to come!

Cooper04 likes this.