COD: MW2 or COD: BO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by runformoney1110, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Which game to get?

1. COD MW2

13.0%
  2. COD BO

58.7%
  3. another army FPS (name it)

28.3%
  1. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #21 dumaz1000, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    COD sucks. Battlefield is superior. If you know what you are doing in battlefield, you basically know exactly where the enemy is. There can at times be issues with having to walk a long way to get to them. You can't always spawn on a squad mate and sometimes the vehicles are all in use. Really, in BC2 there are only 2 maps where that sort of thing becomes an issue. The desert map, which is the worst of the two, I just avoid.

BO is a slight improvement over MC2. There seems to be less sniping/camping opportunities and less bottlenecks in BO. The map design is far superior in BO. The guns are less overpowered as well. There is far less of what I call "Scope-spamming." In MC2, EVERYBODY has an overpowered scope on their gun. That allows everyone to just sit around and camp all day, knowing that the scope on their gun will allow them to kill enemies from all the way across the map without ever having to move or do much of anything. Also, the killstreak system is far less obtrusive in BO.

However, in objective and team-based matches, people still aren't moving enough in BO and there's still an awful lot of camping going on. It's not as over-the-top and ridiculous as MC2, but clearly the mentality to camp is still there. However, I played a free-for-all, which on MC2 I would have never done, and it seems like people were moving and that there wasn't really any camping at all.

Camping in Battlefield almost never happens and it is the best game I've ever played when it comes to minimizing the impact of scopes. A lot of people don't scope their guns in Battlefield because Battlefield offers attachments/perks that are just as effective, if not more so, in replace of scopes, so if you do scope your gun, you are going to give up a significant perk in order to do so.

2. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Omgomgomgomgomgomg. I just looked it up and literally jizzing right now.

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Uum? MC2? Well I hope Black Ops is better than it because thats just an iPhone game. It's MW2 ;). Modern Warfare.

Uum... your welcome?

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    If it's splitscreen you're looking for, MW2 is the way to go.

The exact same perks, attachments, challenges, unlockable weapons as online, whereas BO has everything unlocked, which kinda sucks.

Also, you can't modify the game type, ie, change the time limit or turn on hardcore mode. Which is a major pain in the ass.

However, BO does have 4 player ZOMBAYS! and the inclusion of the awesomesauce split-screen online multiplayer.

5. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Another vote for Counter Strike Source! Simple, deceptively challenging, and either as relaxed or competitive as you want it to be.

6. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    BFBC2 beats CoD in just about every single way except the amount of content you are able to unlock. Which is hardly an issue, as BFBC2 has tons of guns, scopes, ammo packs, etc. that are unlockable. I love the fact that there are no ridiculous kill streaks-it adds realism to the fight. Rush mode is action packed, and requires a ton of strategy, unlike the mindless shooting in CoD. Of course, the biggest thing is the destructible content, which prevents camping and opens up new ways to play the game. Yeah, BFBC2 wins hands down
    And it has a better campaign

7. PhxBangBus602

PhxBangBus602 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    That's just plain nasty, bro.

8. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It's ok, all cleaned up now :p

9. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Oh, so that's how you spent your day :p

10. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Actually my day was spent on homework, but I guess this will work.

11. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I totally agree, the simplicity and intensity of CS laughs in the face of every modern day shooter.