COD: MW2 or COD: BO

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by runformoney1110, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Which game to get?

1. COD MW2

13.0%
  2. COD BO

58.7%
  3. another army FPS (name it)

28.3%
  1. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i don't know which one to get and i know near nothing about each one's multiplayer. I preferably want the game with a 2 player splitscreen mode (including offline 2-player, if it has this). Which one has the best maps? Best arsenal, controls, perks? Campaign i don't reaaaly care about. I can't find much info on multiplayer anywhere, not even on Ward's website... please help!

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    COD: BO has two player splitscreen online, MW2 only has splitscreen offline.

Both are pretty much the same game-play wise. The graphics are very similar, slightly worse graphics in COD: BO (you would think they would be better.)

COD: BO has Zombies, MW2 has Spec Ops. Zombies win hands down.

I'd go for COD4 :D

3. Lmao, agreed. :D

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I thought it a bit strange that they'd lower the graphical capabilities, but if it makes the game run smoother, both in split screen and online, then it's not a big deal at all. I'd prefer to have it running smoothly than looking fantastic.

Other than that, Black Ops wins hands down, and I haven't even played it yet (although I've watched hours of gameplay vids). You can play as Nixon, JFK, Robert MacNamara, and Castro in Black Ops, which automatically makes it an instant win.

5. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    okay, thnx. are the maps in 2 player splitscreen the same ones as in online? Can you create private rooms in online?

6. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Why would you even ask? BO was made to be better than MW2 and it is

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    So MW2 sucks, and BO is decent. Best bet is to go with Battlefield Bad Company 2. Best fps out there atm. There's no split screen, but online multiplayer is amazing. It's a game where most people don't randomly swear, you actually talk tactic and working as a group wins games.

8. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    COD has proper dedicated servers and allows upto 40 players is it?

Tbh though I'd still rather play CS.

9. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Is there an option for neither? They are both overrated.

10. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Nope, no other option.

11. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    If you get sucked into black ops, which is insanely (for any CoD) easy game, the amount of stuff to do and get is unbelieveable. I personally love it, MW2 was a beta that was released IMHO. Playing black ops and seeing the cut scenes in particular makes me feel like a Badass. And I have noticed many differences in MP b/w MW2 and BO, and BO has a much better feel also IMHO.

12. treehuggerflem

treehuggerflem Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This. It's the only recent FPS that's really pushed the boat out and done something new and different. CoD is predictable to the point of inanity by now.

14. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    The only thing that COD has over battlefield is the amount of levels. Fortunately/unfortunately we have to wait for the Vietnam war pack.

15. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Neither one of these is that good but they're both somehow addicting enough to get millions of us to waste too much of our time shooting each other online. I have a plan, they should start making the CoDs so bad that no one can bare to play them anymore at all, let Khalid Shaikh make the next one and everyone can all start getting out of the house more.

16. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #16 Donovan1209, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2... need I say more?

And more game modes. But, Battlefield has about 4 or 5 times the size of a CoD map per map. So you shouldn't need more maps. Anyway, have you heard that there is gonna be a VIP Pack with old BC1 maps recreated for BC2, and this is a free one.

17. synther

synther Well-Known Member

In BC2 you have to walk miles to get into the fight, and there's no action at all because the maps are so big. Go for BO!

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Uh, yeah, realism? Matches last longer as a result, it feels more like a war, you can use vehicles if you're desperately far away and besides, you get squads... spawn next to a squad mate and you'll be bang in the middle of the action. You talk like someone who doesn't understand Battlefield at all. The maps are big but the action moves from area to area, so it's always pretty well contained and never too spread out, people are generally heading towards the same area because the objective is there.

19. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    To answer that question: I hate CoD and Halo, but here it is
    Battlefield Bad Company 2>>Halo Reach>Black Ops>Modern Warfare 2

20. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Counter Strike: Source!! :D