Coco Controller for iPhone

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by billygreen23, Aug 14, 2012.

1. billygreen23

billygreen23 Member

Mar 27, 2012
    #1 billygreen23, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    I've been holding off on getting any of the iPhone controllers on the market. The iCade Mobile was the closest I've gotten to purchasing but the lack of headphone support, having to deal with bluetooth, and the price, have held me off.

I just saw this Kickstarter for the Coco Controller. It looks really cool and exactly what I've been wanting. The pricing is pretty good. I like that it uses the headphone jack for communication instead of bluetooth. So you don't have to go to Settings every time you want to use it and it won't run your battery down like bluetooth does. It has an additional headphone jack built-in to the controller too, so I could actually listen to my headphones while playing games on my commute.

I've backed it and really hope it reaches the goal. What do you guys think about it?

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/games/the-coco-controller

2. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    #2 wakaranai, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    I haven't played around with the iCade Mobile, so I don't know how this would potentially compare in terms of gameplay.

That aside, just by watching the video I see two problems: cost and developer support. The iCade mobile has been out for a while now, the price won't be way above the MSRP of the coco when its released. Already $55 on Amazon as I type this.
    The iCade mobile has big hitters (Temple Run, SNK Playmore, Atari, Namco etc...). There's definitely time for the folks at coco to garner support, but they're way behind right now.

Also, I think it might be against the rules to post links to incomplete kickstarters, so this might get closed.