Universal Cloud Chasers - A Journey of Hope (by Blindflug Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 14, 2015.

1. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    My is in the latest ios 8, because of monster hunter and a couple of other games.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Hey KillerCow, big mistake you made: the iPhone 4S is not supported. My fault for not reading the true App Store game description, but please be careful next time when posting a list of compatible devices. I'll try it on my iPad 3 this afternoon, since I bought it without looking at the full description...

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I don't do those, they are automatically generated based on what's in the appstore description ;) So it's more the developer's fault!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Oops, sorry then :p. In any case, for all those interested: iPhone 5 and up; iPad 2 and up. That's what the description says at the very bottom.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's not really the developer's fault either. They do mention that an iPhone 5 or higher is required, but unfortunately that list of compatible devices is the way silly Apple works.

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey MC, you seem excited for this. I'm interested in your impressions. I'm looking at it thinking it looks really nice and the "family" quest is of interest to me, but the posted video doesn't look very interesting. Could be that I don't know what the game mechanics are from watching the video and as someone else stated, the gliding (which I would have thought to be like an action sequences) seems repetitive and less than exciting. So what's the word on this one? Thanks.

7. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Any reviews . Looks good

8. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    Anyone?

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This (blue sky with nothing else) is what happened on my 4S. I thought it was because the 4S has only 512MB RAM instead of the 1GB RAM of the minimum devices' specs. I'm installing on my iPad 3 now. Are you JB? If so, what tweaks have you got installed? It sounds like a low memory issue...

10. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    Not JB! I really don't know what to do. I Already tried to re install in both my devices, close all other apps, reboot the devices, an iphone 6 ios 9.0.2 and an air 2 with the last ios 8, without sucess. Think im gonna ask for a refund.

11. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Normally games like this are highly popular on TA, why not this time?

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #32 VirtualBoyFreak, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    I'm on 7.1.2, I'm JB, and I have the exact same problem as you... Weird. I'll try to change language settings and similar things to see what it can be.

EDIT: tried the following on my iPad 3, all without success:

- Install xCon to avoid JB detection. FAILURE
    - Log off Game Center and run game. FAILURE
    - Change device language to English. FAILURE
    - Run the game offline: FAILURE

I also checked the game folders with iFiles to see if I could find something unusual, but everything seemed OK.

I'm running out of ideas. I want to play the game, I don't want a refund, but the only solution I have ATM is wait for an update which fixes this...

EDIT 2: sent an e-mail to devs. Let's see what happens...

EDIT 3: this is the devs' reply:

We working on finding this bug - we pushed already an update. Hope to fix it very soon.

Therefore, I'm waiting for an update which hopefully fixes the bug. I think the game's worth it (at least from the gameplay videos).

13. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    I don't want a refund, i really want to play the game. Well, let's play the waiting game now!
    Thanks

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I understand your frustration, it's the same as mine, but... 1 star? Come on, you can't rate the game 1 star based on "it doesn't boot for me". I think it's more precise to leave it unrated until it works.

15. PrimoBr

Aug 14, 2015
    Well, it's ok, you are right. I am just tired of games that don't work as intended at launch.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    True, but then on the other side you have those that work even though they shouldn't. I've just bought, installed and played Downwell on my 4S and it works like charm, even though the minimum device stated on the description is a 5.

17. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Absolutely agree with that statement.

It's a problem when people can't boot a game and give a bad rating. They shouldn't rate the game if they can't play it..

18. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    More impressions of the actual game?? :)

19. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

Well, that is not exactly one of Miyazaki's most popular works, like Spirited Away is.

20. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    #40 sinagog, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Speaking of anime, this is probably the Grave of the Fireflies of games...at least on my first playthrough which saw the cute, curious little girl belatedly die of her injuries from my crappy piloting of the glider. Don't let the pretty colours fool you, this game gets dark and poignant very quickly. It can be a tad slow-going, but for making you revalue something as essential and ever-present (in the west) as water, and for being pretty original, it most certainly deserves its props. Out There fans and lovers of roguelikes/gamebooks should dig this. However, beware: if this were a movie, it'd be the kind where the dog dies.