Universal Climby Hammer (by Naquatic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Naquatic, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    It's for your own good, I promise

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    This over "Getting Over It"

I spent a few minutes last night watching the hilariously painful videos of the inspiration of this odd genre last night night. Oh YouTube. That game looks well put together and I saw there is a mobile version now, and probably is pretty good!

However, I definitely gotta give this game a big shoutout and would encourage everyone to give it a try. For me, someone who likes to tinker around with map makers and builders since Wolfenstein 3D on PC in 1992, I am ALWAYS loving cool creation tools. This game, Mike & Will have done a fantastic job providing a simple, mobile-friendly set of crafting tools you can make fun and challenging levels in minutes.

Heck, my 4 year old was trying to do it the other night, and had fun MAKING stuff with dad. The older two tinkered around with it and my baby... well, he doesn't know how to use the iPad or phone yet lol.

...anyway, I had a blast making different challenges and stretching the scope of what you can do with your little hammer-wielding, box-sitting Climby. Flinging around, flinging up, down, all around... and making some cool maps.

Highly recommend. I hope it does well and some of the other cool ideas can happen that have been suggested and I know the brothers have in mind... some "stars" to collect or something would be cool... but for a free game with some ads, its totally legit. As an educator, too, who has worked with kids and science programming for last several years.. I can see getting this app installed for some STEM based learning... you guys, really have an opportunity there as well you should look at....

GET IT if you like physics-based challenges with some hilarity. 5/5

My next level I'm planning on doing is going to be similar to the "Getting Over It" map and be super tall, when I get some time.

I am usually a vocal proponent of most of Naquatic's games, which the width of releases this team of two brothers has accomplished is amazing... some of their games haven't been my favorite, but not because they weren't polished and complete.

3. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Totally speechless. Thank you bro :D. Show me that course when it's done!!

4. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Hey did you guys send the gift yet? Will it be an email or just show up in gsme?

5. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    Loving the game so far! I can see how some might not be a fan of the type of game, but I enjoy it oddly.. I wondered how you find a clan? I'd like to try to join one that is more active?

6. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    You might try rebooting the app and see if it shows up. Our system has been a little funky recently with the traffic.

Thank you W8rd3! When you go to the clan page, the clans we display up are the ones with the most activity that aren't yet full. So any of those recommendations should put you in a good spot!

7. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Showed up, guys, WOW thanks. Great gift. Hope the game is doing well for ya'll. Everything about it shouts out viral hit.... maybe, hopefully? :)

8. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    We'll see, still early :)

9. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    My first course, made specifically for beginners:

FACYV366

Naquatic, is there any way to see your own level’s stats? Like how many times played, etc. I typed in my own code and saw a few other people’s scores which was cool, but I wish there was a way to see more.

Also do creators get anything from posting levels?

Really loving this game!

10. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hey! Not currently on either count. I took a peak though and I see that 148 people have approved your level versus only 22 disapproves, so that's very cool! If you want to use the share feature to post about the course, let me know and I'll retweet you.

11. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Tweeted!

12. Jiggs

Jiggs New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Challenging maps

I got tired of being constantly assaulted by maps made to be completed in under 10 seconds...

So I made this

RYVUN399

Includes some more challenging spots and monkey bars,

Let me know what you all think!

Also, if anyone knows of more maps like this, please include :)

13. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Mind putting a link here? I'm not sure which one is yours :)

Hahaha this is great! We totally agree about map length. We're going to start weighting matchmaking towards longer maps soon. Same offer as sweetdiss-- if you decide to tweet about your course, lemme know and we'll retweet!

14. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Haha, sorry.

https://twitter.com/sweetdiss/status/942863777929732096

Also, we need more people to join the (un)Official Touch Arcade clan! If anyone here is looking for one, please join up! We're already ranked in the 200's almost entirely from my contributions each day, so if we had more people I think we could do significant damage to the leaderboards. :)

FURAD667

15. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Done! I love how it starts as a city and then transitions into a rocky climb. I can also imagine overeager players catapulting themselves over that last rock :p

16. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Oh man maps with no way to restart your climb... ergh. You just fall forever and ever.. to each their own I guess :D

17. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Bought the doubler by the way. I'm seriously addicted to this. :)

I went back to playing Mario on my 3DS and it was an incredibly odd feeling as I felt like my fingers wanted to swing Mario around instead of pushing buttons to make him jump.

How do streaks work, exactly? I notice you get more stuff the longer it is, but my "streak" never goes over 10. Is this by design? It makes sense to cap out the rewards at some point, but it feels weird to stop incrementing the streak number.

Also, if you ever get a chance to flesh out the level sharing system, I would love to be able to see replays of other people's attempts at my level. That would be a better reward than any diamonds or anything else. I think it could be hilarious.

18. stavie

stavie New Member

Dec 20, 2017
    find level

i beat this level called hang in there and i got 2nd on highest score and when i went to share the code the game crashed i really want that code can of help me it was level 86 difficulty thank you

19. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up. The streak counter itself definitely shouldn't be capping. We'll get that fixed.

Totally, a ghost system is on our list. No promises though as it would be very data intensive!

There are two levels with that name. One is invite code ZEKUR994. The other is WERAH363. Hopefully it's one of those two, otherwise perhaps there was some slight variation in the name or spelling.

20. sweetdiss

Jun 15, 2009
    Understood!

Also, I think I created a masterpiece. It's a fairly long course called QUARRY WAR that almost tells a story. You start on the ground and travel over rocks, then eventually some trees, and climb a sheer cliff, and then start hopping around on some fighter jets firing missiles at enemy fighter jets. There's even some foreshadowing at the beginning. I managed to max out the item limit by making sure there were no gaps in the rocks.

I'm really proud of it.

HUZUN933