Universal Clickie Zoo (by Anthony Tirone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fudds, Jan 31, 2017.

1. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Tap Titans?

2. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I did take some inspiration from Tap Titan, think it was my first mobile incremental game

3. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I liked the little touch that asked if I was paying attention and awarded me for it. So many little details

4. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I spent a whole week just adding things like that in and special dialogue. Had a lot of fun with it

5. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Does selective breeding benefit you when you're idle?

6. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Selective Breeding is the one that increases sell price for your animals. I think you must mean one of the others like for mating speed.

So the answer is yes, it works even while idle

7. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Then I can see the Steroid upgrades being way more useful than they initially seem

8. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    The easiest way to see the benefit that an upgrade like Steroids gives your zoo is to tap the animal pictures and see what their income per sec is. Then compare after you upgrade

9. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    !!!

I went this whole time without knowing that feature was in the game!

10. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I added it into the game in a later update. Always love more stats!

11. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    It would be really neat to see graphs of population growth and such as well

12. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I did tinker with that for a bit but never ended up implementing it. I thought making graphs would be easier in Unity, perhaps there's a good plugin for it. I'm always a fan of more stats

13. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I wouldn't mind seeing population growth over time for each individual animal. With the ability to toggle which ones you want to see. Then maybe something to see which animal is your most profitable

14. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I think at the very least I can list which animal is the most profitable in the stats screen until I work graphs into the game

15. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I wouldn't mind seeing more stats and graphs too. Once you start putting in special exhibits like the aquarium, you wonder what the exact benefit is in $/sec. Without cracking out a calculator that is

16. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Haven't gotten any of the mystery achievements. Take it as they're more towards the late game?

17. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Yes, the few mystery achievements are found easier once you get to the point where you're selling a couple zoos here and there.

A couple you will run into eventually, the other 2 are kind of odd and may take a while to find

18. Red Reddington

Red Reddington Active Member

May 26, 2015
    While it's not very flashy, this is a solid clicker/idle game. I like the zoo metaphor, and the way the incremental aspect is tied to birth/death rates of mating animals. The UI is good, so it's easy to find what you need in the menus. And it's been a long time since I've played an idle game with a surprising twist that happens in the mid/late game. Just when I was starting to get tired of this game, that twist suddenly got me reinvested. I have no idea if there are any more twists to come, but I'm going to keep playing and see. Well done.

19. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    There's a few twists in the game, one of which is a big change considering how far in the game it is