Universal Clickie Zoo (by Anthony Tirone)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Fudds, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    He has a... specific diet

2. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    But somehow the little guy is actually cute lol

3. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I have no idea what you're alluding to, but now I'm curious

4. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Are you talking about the robomonkeys? Or something else?

5. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    It's actually something after the robomonkeys

6. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Definitely wasn't expecting everything with the robomonkeys, and just when I thought things were getting a bit stale. I think it would be a great idea to add things like this, but even earlier in the game. This may keep more of the players active

7. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    As I made it further in creating the game, I was getting better at making more complex events. This is why some of the more innovative events happen later in the game. I should go back to the first half of the game and add more polish and events though, you're right

8. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    "Animal activists freed some of the elephants in your zoo, deal with them with force, or let them go?"

9. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    This is brilliant, consider it added

10. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I think you should go crazy with animal activists. Like with the burger bar, have the activists try to close it down

11. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I can see that getting far more carried away than even the robomonkey apocalypse. Should be fun!

12. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I'm kind of curious how the trades are decided in the trade post. I'm unsure how it decides what the value of the animals are. Sometimes I'll see something like 1000 dung beetles for 8 gems. Then I'll see 1000 crocodiles for the same number of gems. Is it a bug, or is this intended?

13. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    #53 Fudds, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    So it scales it depending on the value of the animal. But gems in the game have a linear value unlike the cash.

Essentially what I did was have the code calculate the value of the animals for the trade, then the cash you earn is the amount they're worth + 50% (unless you got the haggler upgrades). The number of animals required is decided by taking the value of the animal then picking a random difficulty 1-5. This will also determine how many gems the trade is worth if you choose gems instead of cash

It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but that's the general idea

14. HaraKiri82

HaraKiri82 Active Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Got it. I didn't realize how much actually went into balancing the trade values. I did notice I keep getting multiple of the same trades occasionally. Almost seems to unlikely to be a coincidence, or maybe it is

15. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    You can actually just buy the number of animals required for the trade instead of waiting for them to breed, that is if you have a large enough enclosure size

16. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Yes. And don't forget you can cancel the trade if you don't like it. But it will have you wait the 2 hours for a new one though

17. MityZepellin

MityZepellin Member

Jan 31, 2017
    A side note, I'm really liking the rather dark twist the game takes later

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Glad to see a clicker game have an active thread. This is why tons of people are still playing another clicker game I won't speak of but came out 4 years ago

19. lucidwalker

lucidwalker Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Now iam curious. Whats the name?

20. Fudds

Fudds Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Ya now I'm curious what incremental game can keep rolling for 4 years. Only games that come to mind are Adventure Capitalist and Cookie Clicker, but they're more the pioneers than the overall good games