Universal Clicker Heroes (by R2 GAMES USA CO., LIMITED)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 15, 2015.

1. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    #21 V Kuolema, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Been playing this for a couple months, probably 35-40 hours "playing" it. I think it's fantastic. When I first downloaded it, it was bare bones. But the last couple updates made it more in line with its PC counterparts, though it's still a ways away from being equal. The clans are a nice touch and I was surprised to see it was added already. I like the raid boss idea, and the extra HS's are always welcome.

You can look up the reddit or wiki and get into calculating the optimum upgrade and HS/ Ancients.. Or you can just trudge ahead and make progress on your own. Still haven't gotten the dang dread knight but Morgulis lv58+ Siya and Libertas both level 7 really help in getting me closer to it. The beauty is it's as stupidly straight forward or as complex as you want. The relic system and random Primal bosses are great. I lost interest in Tap Heroes and so far this is showing way more staying power.

I should mention that the Rubies are given out pretty readily and so that IAP is really not worth it unless you're oddly impatient, which considering the genre of Clicker Heroes, you probably wouldn't like the game much in the first place.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #22 Vovin, Aug 20, 2015
    Hm... all you do is clicking monsters to death like crazy? That game seems pretty brainless to me - and I am normally not one to judge or having prejudices without having played it. I can't even make out the gameplay except hammering your finger on the screen and occassionally clicking upgrade buttons. And isn't calling that a RPG a bit of "blasphemy"? One would think there's a story behind.

3. scottbailey

scottbailey Active Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Yeah I don't get it? My hired heroes aren't even visible on the screen, as in Titans.

But I'm willing to stick around and give it a chance.

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #24 orangecan, Aug 20, 2015
    Can anyone explain how the coin system works please? I don't understand how the amount of coins I've collected correlate to the amount I'm paying for upgrades.....

Edit: nevermind I had the purchase setting to x10 instead of X1.

5. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game support iCloud or save game sync?

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Finally I get to play this epic game from the start. I played the web game every day for
    A year and was like 100k ranked in the world ... Now I'm ahead and ranked top 30 muwahahahahahA.
    Game of the week

7. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    The first few runs may involve some clicking/tapping. With some of the ancients coming in play, there's going to be more progressing with 'idle' play without needing to tap enemies.

Once you get past the early part, it's much more fun. I'm finding the interface isn't as good playing on my iPad. I'm sticking with the Steam version.

8. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Question, I've doubled my damage using rubies, should I just save the rest for quick Ascension or look at using he "gild 3 heroes" option?

9. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Hero Clicker is part of an entire subgenre of games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_game

One of the earliest breakouts was "cookie clicker" and yes, they are pretty much what you describe. They essentially strip away every artifice of games except for the grind/reward loop. They become addictive in the way that slot machines can, but they are rarely any deeper than "press button, get reward."

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

This one gains an addiction when you look at the later game mechanics. Who to upgrade and how, when to ascend. Do I buy ancients? Am I going to get a hero gilded?! What about a relic?

These are the things that guide you, and while you will always continue progressing, the ability to see your damage and earnings soar is quite astonishing and rewarding.

Being able to capitalize on the skills, picking the right ones in the right order, is huge and even in that 30 seconds can make a massive difference.

All in all, it's an astonishingly awesome game that either will scratch an itch or make you think "what the hell is wrong with the people who play this?!"

11. Praetorian

Praetorian Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Awesome game finally on mobile. Rip free time

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I'm just letting mine play passively and opening to spend and that's all. Just unlocked the hero souls thing but unsure how it all works? I seen I can trade them in but I don't know how I earn them anyway?

13. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    #33 Sequence, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Reddit has a really dedicated following on Clicker Heroes. The faqs on their subreddit helped to get me started. You'll see how involved this game gets.

Basically, you get Hero Souls from beating Primal Bosses and leveling up your heroes. (I think it's 1 soul per 2000 total hero levels) When you Ascend (Prestige) you can save them for a DPS boost or spend them on Ancients which gives you boosts that last over all your Ascends. It's recommended to bank some souls and don't spend them all at once as the DPS bonus really helps.

Reddit community recommends you start with Siyalatas and Libertas Ancients first as they add boosts without having to tap your fingers off (Idle Mode). You can spend souls to re-roll until you get those two then level them up to 10 each. This is how to start an Idle build, you can choose to go with ancients that boost tap damage as well if you wish

I'd check some Faqs but this game gets deeper than it seems.

14. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    This sounds like a heavy drug. Lol

Gonna pass or I may loose my (thin) sanity.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is there a point, really?

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I hate prestige things it's always like starting again basically to drag the game out instead of filling it with other content. But thank you that helps I know more how it works now.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Is their a point to any game besides having fun if not what's the point

18. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Anyone start a TA guild yet? I'm finding this game oddly compelling and the ability to join a guild just popped up for me.

19. Sequence

Sequence Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I'd like to know as well. I'd start it but already spent 500 rubies on a quick ascension.

I try joining random clans but they all seem to be full even if there's only one or two people in it.

20. thewickedbadger

thewickedbadger Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    I'll create a clan if you all will think of a creative and witty name for us.