Universal Click the Bolt (by SPIL GAMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 25, 2014.

1. dabigkahuna

dabigkahuna Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Dang! Now I have to keep working on that one. Well, I was going to anyway since I haven't tried enough since making that last adjustment (dropping it a bit AFTER the ball passed it).

I'd like to see if some of the other early levels can be improved - and how people do it! Higher levels are so complicated that, other than a completely new strategy, there are too many possible variables.

I don't think level 1 can be improved so let's look at level 2.

2. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    8: I have no clue what you guys mean with "dropping it a bit AFTER the ball passed it" and "Lowering a bit before releasing it" :confused:
    And yes, level 2 can be improved with 9 points :cool:

3. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    You can get 5785 on level 2 ???? Need suggestions!

As for level 8, let me try explaining again.

1. Drop top bar all the way down.

2. Drop lower bar all the way down.

3. As soon as the ball rolls off that lower bar, remove the bolt on the right side of that bar and quickly lock it again (so it very slightly drops). I don't know if there is an optimal amount but so far I've only let it drop a very tiny amount.

4. Then unlock the right side again right away. Essentially this means when it falls to the bottom, it will fall slightly differently. I really don't know how to explain the details, but it seems to matter. I can't get past 5622 if I don't make that tiny change first. Then as it falls, I lock the side that will be to the left before it hits bottom (see cy@n's pic for an example). I never got it in that position (generally a bit lower on the left side), but it has let me get above 3622 (up to 3633 so far).

Anyway, the key is to first slightly lower the right side of the lower bar before dropping it down to the bottom. The rest is getting some luck in catching it in the ideal position at the bottom.

4. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #64 dabigkahuna, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Well, I've worked on level 2 for ages - not just today but other days. And darn if I can figure out how to pick up 9 more points! I might be able to see one or two just for "ideal" timing, but certainly not 9.

However, meanwhile I spent a little time with level 3 - and raised the record by 16 ! And with that one I could repeat it a fair amount of the time. I did it at least 3 times. Just kinda stumbled on the strategy by accident and then applied it on purpose.

UPDATE: Just got 2 more on level 3. Not a bad strategy since I got that score a dozen times in less than 25 minutes.

5. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    New record on level 11 & 12. Got lucky on 12. Last move seemed to catch the alien just right and it just shot very fast to the exit.

6. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    I was not "online" over the weekend and will start playing again next week. Just FYI :0)
    Congrats, btw!

7. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    I was always wondering how to get more than 5700 on level 9. Today i realized what i was doing wrong and now i have a small motivation for you :rolleyes:

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #68 saosijs, Feb 3, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Back at you ;)
    (you do know how to motivate me)

9. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    saosijs keeps doing that to my new top scores too!

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    And here I tried to think of a modest reply ...

still trying

:D

11. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #71 dabigkahuna, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    Okay, do it to me again - record on level 36 and, based on my strategy, I doubt it is the limit.

12. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    #72 saosijs, Feb 4, 2015
    Keep 'm coming!

I had to change my strategy for it, so that is on you :D

13. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    #73 cy@n, Feb 4, 2015
    Damn .. just made the 5700,too .. but you were faster. I guess it's the same strategy :cool:

Edit: some motivation added ;)

14. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #74 dabigkahuna, Feb 4, 2015
    Why do people keep doing this to me??? I figure out a little adjustment to get more points than anyone else and as soon as I do, someone jumps the score way past me! And I have no idea how they did it!

One of these days I think I'll make up a really high score and I bet it gets beaten anyway!

15. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    #75 cy@n, Feb 4, 2015
    You asked for that, didn't you?: :eek:

So i think Sao and me were concentrating on level 36 (not on your record) for the first time and found the right strategy independently of each other while playing around :rolleyes:

16. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Oh, I'm not surprised by more points, but never expected so many more - which makes me wonder if I'm missing out on the proper strategy. Maybe I have the right one and it can get that high, but I thought my prior score would be close to the most possible.

My frustration right now is still on level 41. It isn't my worst, but of the bad ones I've been working on, I think it is the complications that keep me from minimizing the time. With 41 I thought I did it about as well as I can a couple times, yet still lag a lot.

17. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Yup. That's the nice thing about having a competition like we're having. It helps motivating the brain to rethink our approaches more drastically. This is a good example of Sheldon's Anxiety Optimization :D

18. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    Well, it could be worse - I could be competing for the lead only to have my successes canceled out! But I just don't see me getting that high. Hope cyan and some others can crack the top four - even if it pushes me down.

19. cy@n

cy@n Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    "Mein Land"
    Did you already solve 36 without ringing the bell? :cool:

20. dabigkahuna

Mar 5, 2011
    Retired
    Hawaii
    #80 dabigkahuna, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Yeah, but apparently not the right way. Actually, I tried two approaches. One trying to see if I could use the bottom bar to hit two candies and the other seeing if I could ricochet somehow off the spring, but never could execute either one at all.

UPDATE: Tried some more and taking a different approach I can get a ricochet, but that only hits the middle candy and I've never seen the alien move in a way that would let me hit it again to get the bottom one. I have hit it by NOT getting the middle one first, but that doesn't seem to let me get the middle one at all.

UPDATE 2: Finally figured it out so at least I got over 5700

UPDATE 3: New record - though I don't particularly think nothing more is possible.