iPad Clever Looking Game: Robo Logic

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by arn, Dec 15, 2008.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    http://appshopper.com/games/robo-logic

[​IMG]

Not sure the widespread appeal, but programmers might like this one :) I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

arn

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that, looks great

3. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Looks good but it's a clone of the Vista Ultimate game: Microsoft Thinker. I expect it to be pulled from the app store soon. Sad......

4. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This game reminds of this NES Robot.

5. There's a board game in a similar vein called RoboRally (well worth trying out if you like to bend your mind a bit -- multiple players attempt to program laser-wielding robots on a factory floor with conveyor belts and more lasers).

I like the looks of the 'functions' (f1, f2) -- clever -- although an apparent 4 levels plus Tutorial (judging by iTunes screenshots) is a bit disappointing.

I was inclined to buy it and try it out until I saw that he wrote "Let em dance".

6. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    just gone on sale to 1.99

any one played it ?

7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Damn that's a lot of buttons :eek:

8. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    looks cool i think i will try it out

9. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    i think it looks very cool, but i suspect you need a slight desire to program :)

supg - report back please :)

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Played this and iBot. Gets harder as you progress (as in most other games). Found that moving the tiles/directions can become tedious especially when you've got to change it all around, (worse when missing just one movement). But overall not a bad game.

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    It's an OK game. There's a lite version if anyone is interested in just trying it out. I tried the lite version and was initially intrigued enough to purchase the full version, but I found it wasn't really THAT fun. I didn't find that it was very "puzzling" at all. There was really nothing to "figure out". You basically know what needs to be done, so you just have to go about doing it. It felt a little bit like having work to do, actually!

It's kind of a neat concept and implementation... but not a favorite of mine for sure.

12. Godzilla

Godzilla Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Picked it up when it was free, pretty tedious IMHO.

13. I've played this and the other one (sorry name eludes me at the moment) but this one has one annoying feature in that after you program he quickly restarts to beginning location. I'd prefer if he'd stop midway and make you tap to continue. Other than that I've got really far in the other one and only few levels this one. But basically it gets crazy the customization you have to do to your macros to make all things he needs to do. Basically about optimization.

ok yea LightBot (free) is the one I think I finished all levels or very nearly did.

14. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
  15. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    which is free so i'll try that :)

16. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    The more buttons, the harder it is to program (from a general, dev point of you :p)

17. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    It's only 7 buttons, just with multiple instances of each; not as complex as it looks.

Never seen this specific version, but it's clearly just a clone of Niato's, so I'll pass, even at a lower price.