Cleaning a SwitchEasy Neo Touch Case

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Sepharite, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sepharite

Sepharite Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    So my NeoTouch is horribly disgusting. It's the white one... well, was the white. Now it's some sort of bloody stool pigment (brown red).

Anyone know how I can clean it? I tried scrubbing it like crazy, but nothing seems to work. It's the white plastic I part.

Thanks!

2. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Alcohol the try to scrub it.

3. Sepharite

May 13, 2010
    Tried. Didn't work.

I gave in and just painted it red. Lol.

4. Given that it's white, a hydrogen peroxide soak probably would have worked. Now that it's painted, not so much. Mind you, you can probably still remove the paint and the rest of the discolouration with either napthalene (lighter fluid) or a toluene-based solution (Goo Gone, Goof Off, etc.).

5. Sepharite

May 13, 2010
    Ohh, okay, I'll try that!

Also. Does anyone have the case? And could take a picture of it? They're actually going to give me a replacement. Lol. But I need photographic proof :S

6. Just be careful with Toluene-based liquids. That stuff is strong, so use it in a well-ventilated area with a paper towel or a rag lest you get an ambient high off it (and not the good kind), and don't spill it on anything whose paint job you might like to keep. This stuff isn't just good at removing sticky crap, it's used in the print industry to clean ink from offset blankets and puff up the rubber in those blankets. (It's known as "rubber rejuvinator" in the industry.) It should work just as well on silicone.