Classic Games Desperately Needing Updates

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheGodless, Mar 29, 2018.

1. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    It’s a crime against humanity that these games were made unplayable by the 64bit apocalypse. Does anyone have any news on any of these ever being updated? If so, I would very much appreciate it.

Attached Files:

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Dungeon Raid #

3. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Yep, that’s for sure another one that desperately needs updating and that I forgot about. After I posted the pics, I wound up also finding Polymer, Colords, Linkoids, Joe Danger, Goo Saga, and a few other games that I hadn’t noticed were on my phone, but wouldn’t open without an update.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    RoboSockets
    Faif
    Dungeon Raid
    Touch Arcade app (waiting for the new mobile site)

I also have Flappy Bird, Street Flapper, Bleeding Edge, Bookworm, Flip's Escape and Golfinty that I still want to play

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think its a crime against humanity to want to have Flappy Bird updated !

I had tons of games whichw ere 32 bit, very sad i cant have them on my phone BUT i bought a cheap ipad and put them all on there. Quite good to see updates on that ipad which say 'now updated to 64 bit' so i know i can then put it on my 64 bit phone.

Cant see most of them being updated though, most i'm sure had hardly any sales so why would they bother updating them. Some indie ones i have where the dev has obviously not renewed their yearly license as i cant even see them on the app store

Shame but if these apps were selling well i'm sure they would have updated them to 64 bit. I'm already dreading the day in x number of years when theres the 64 bit cull if they go to 128 bit ! ;)

I'm sad that the Metal Slug games were never updated (SNK dont seem bothered, tweets/emails go without any reply) and of course the Cave games which i loved

6. gamingaficionado

gamingaficionado Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    oh wow they didn't update mirror's edge? pathetic of them.

personally i don't have many games in my collection that need updating. the soles ones are:

- vaccine case headache
    - bwban
    - tetrobot and co (which seems to have been completely removed from the appstore)

i hate this chew and spit mentality of the appstore.