Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Imo i think they should just dump the current system and create a whole new one rather than trying to make the current one

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Also the matchmaking is dumb as #### (yeah it's frustrating). I, as level 3, am constantly being matched with 1 or 2 levels higher. Could be due to the trophies, but it's unfair as hell.

3. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    Well, I guess then the game sucks and you shouldn't continue playing it. :)

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeh wow, as already mentioned, the fact that you earn nothing (except for trophies?) once your chest slots are full is insane. I'm all locked up now for the next 3 hours, and then in the next 3 hours I'll be all locked up again 2 minutes later, until I get all gold chests lined up, then I'll be all locked up for 8 hours at a time!
    That and not earning any coins means it's gonna be a real slow progress on having enough coins to upgrade. It's definately game breaking, and I'll be deleting now.

I suppose that's why its soft launch...be we're talking not even half hour of gameplay and becoming all locked up to a halt.

5. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    The more I play this game the more I like it : ) casual and fun

I kinda like the slow progress as it is now, makes the game really casual and I dont have to spend lot of time of my day for it. I dont like a game that eats too many time to play everyday.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    This game is great, except the timers are stopping me from playing it. I have to wait several hours. Almost every review in the NZ AppStore is complaining about this.

Forcing players NOT to play your game isn't a great strategy. I've got other games encouraging me to play.

7. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Two thumbs up on this one.

8. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    I am level 5, have reached arena 4 and haven't really had an issue with the chests, however if I could change it I would say instant unlock for silver, 3 hours for gold and 6 for mythical.

This way at least you could constantly grind chests and upgrade your current basic cards easier which would help players to progress.

At my level I am finding though most players are spamming buildings which produce goblins and skeletons, then spamming the goblin barrel at your towers to win. I have just got me inferno tower so going to add this to my strategy as it can do over 1000 damage.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This would actually fix nothing. Once you have 4 gold chests or better, you still have to wait the same amount.

The real fix would be to sell chests.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Any tips for starting on this one? Just played and beat the tutorials and now my inventory is filled with silver and gold chests from players but it seems there's nothing else to do while I wait 3 or 8 hours....then play 1 game and wait again?

11. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    yes, that's basicly the gameplay :D

12. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #152 oscar123967, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Yeah pretty much it... Really irritating. All you can do is play until you get 10 crowns. By the time you get all the crowns, you have all your chest slots full. After that there nothing to grind for. So its practially a 24hr cooldown to play the game again, unless you want to trophy push for some reason.

As for tips on starting, I recommend just playing. Develop a strategy, see what works for you, see how your opponents are playing, watch tv royale, etc.

One thing I will tell ya though is use some type of horde of troops (minions, skeleton army, tombstone, etc) in order to counter the prince. Hea so op in the early stages of the game.

13. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Tried a couple of rounds, and it seems like a F2P-version of Castle Raid/Castle Raid 2. In the TA-article it sounded like this was the best thing since sliced bread, so what am I missing?

Pedroapan

14. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I'm now into day 3 with this game.
    Yes, it's frustrating as hell waiting for the chest timers, but being in the TA clan helps because you can chat and have in clan fights as well as learning tactics by watching replays etc
    I think what we all see is the huge potential within this game, and let's face it, it's still soft launch, so expect changes, in fact there was a small update already today.
    So, my way of thinking is to keep playing, get some experience and half decent cards and when the game launches unversally then I won't feel like I've missed the train.

15. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    The TA Clan looks full - If you've got space in the near future, invite me "Blackharon"

16. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    It is possible to play matches without expecting a reward or upgrade at the end. Used to be we called that "playing for fun." Just hit the button and have fun.

17. maynoam

maynoam Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    The problem as I see it is these 'play for fun' matches still gain you trophies, and since you get no cards in return you are getting yourself into harder matches without good enough cards.
    In addition it does cost you 1 gold which can accumulate over time.

If there was a true play for fun mode which gains nothing (no trophies or anything) and doesn't cost a coin i'd be happy with that.

Other than that I really love the game so far.

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Totally satisfied with the nerf considering all units can be easily distracted except the gob barrels.

Great job much more balanced.

Really enjoying this :)

Fluctuating at 1,000-1,200 trophies.

I'm obsessed, the gameplay hook is wonderful.

They really do need to update progression though a-la cod and halo. Give us a ranking system with 1-100 levels. Allow us XP , gold and chests while leveling as well as a ranked picture ( military ribbon pins ) cosmetic but allows us to work towards that next rank image change.

Reduce chest timers as well will help!

Supercell isn't to community driver as even on the forums they never speak.

So keep sending in your feedback to them.

19. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #159 Zeillusion, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    It's definitely not p2w considering my low cost common deck destroys high end players. Than I have an epic high cost deck for the big boys which I'm trying to perfect.

The balance is very good and the gameplay is insanely fun once you start collecting and figuring out how to best use units.

This MIGHT be my favorite game on mobile, ever.

On another note; just watched high end game replays. Then freeze spells doe :eek: crazy.

Can't wait to see legendary units roll out and what they'll be.

20. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Freeze spell is absolutely incredible, it's a game winner.

Next epic will probably be an adult dragon, i think they will introduce heroes as well which will probably be legendary cards (gold).