Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    After installing, deleting and installing again, twice, I have finally gotten halfway decent at this game. I really have no idea how but I managed to get enough chests to level up to a competetive level. This game is so good, so fun, and SO frustrating!! I have a love hate relationship with it, LOL...The only thing I don't like about it is the chest timers. If they don't want people to level up or win too much, give out a small amount of gold in between so people can keep playing.

2. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Typical f2p garbage. Are you freaking kidding? Not worth a second of your time. Consumable IAP, timers. You must be mad spending time on this money grabbing shit. Any Balance in this trash? LOL no. Just buy boxes and you can sweep floor with everyone except the ones who spent more.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    That's no love at all ouch Ha ha.

4. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Why did I get denied then banned from requesting membership to the TouchArcade clan?

5. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    The first TA clan is pretty much full so I think that's why rejections are going on.
    With the level of interest I'd say there will be a second one soon......not sure who will take the lead on that?
    I've got a second account if needed.

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I understand the timers, but why can you only unlock 1 chest at a time? Why not all 4 af the same time. Each chest takes 3 hours? That's insane. Especially since you get 1 chest after EVERY battle. So basically, it's one quick battle and that's it. Progression wise. I do actually really love the game though.

7. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Sorry :'(

8. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Get up every 3 hours at night. Easy!

9. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Deleted this after a couple of minutes. The monetization is brutal and insane. I've seen some clans that had the "Esports" name in them, LOL. "Esports"... Shouldn't sports (be it normal or electronic) be fair, such as football or chess etc? The teams and the tools should be equal, the players should win with their skills...

10. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Prince is totally devastating at low levels.

11. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    This game is alright.

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Every unit can be countered.

I'm really enjoying this now that I've gotten the hang of it. 1,100 trophies !

In a great clan as well.

Balance and progression fixs will come in the for seen future :)

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Drop a Gravestone near the Prince in range of your tower, early enough so the Prince switches targets.

Easy 3 cost counter.

14. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    It absolutely makes no sense that you can keep playing without earning anything. Huge design flaw if you ask me.

15. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    If the game actually has depth, you're not earning nothing, though. Games enable us to witness and experience processes of creativity and learning in the most complex part of the human organism. You're learning to become a better player in every match. All the experience you gather adds up to something much more real than any virtual currency you could ever gain: Your skill!

16. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    #136 fabianb, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    It get what you are saying, but we all know that becomes bullshit and repetive after 30 games or so.

If Supercell has such a high standard for games, they have 2 options in my eyes:

- Make big changes to the chest system.

- Delete the game all together and start a new project.

If you take a look at their official forums, you see a lot of complaints. This game will have a lot of downloads, yes, but not a lot of active people playing longterm.

I agree that this sort-of moba concept is one of the best ideas I've ever seen on mobile. But with the current f2p system, I would rather want it gone as soon as possible.

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Im pretty sure theyre working on it as we speak. Its supercell, they want to be as fair as possible w/out throwing their monetization out the gate

18. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    I actually doubt it they care that much these days. But I really hope it.

19. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Best idea I've seen so far on the official forums:

Chest trade in
    Trading in chests that aren’t in the process of being unlocked could also be a viable option. They could be traded in for a small amount of gold or gems; giving players a slow yet viable option of earning gems (much like clearing tree’s in CoC).

20. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Can I get in on the clan? I'm andysmash. Thanks!