Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    stacking around 2500

maybe I need a IceWiz or Princess.
    they cost too low mana for their ability (that's the power of rarity).
    i want at least one card now.

do you know how to push to arena 8 without legendaries?

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    #1022 thumbs07, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    wish I could warn people not to play this game. It is absolutely moronic.
    The people that started early, or invested money in the game they leaped up. Competition started low, the quality per each trophy level was insignificantly low. People could speed through the rankings.
    Move on weeks later, mass release, mass influx of people. 10m (numbers by android) compete in a head to head. Because there are so many, the average skill level per trophy level gets higher. It's essentially saturated. Very tight competition, people can scarcely progress. They try to climb, they play higher levels going down, they play good competition going up.

There is no movement. The skill level as you approach the level to get to a new arena is sheer maximising what can be done with the decks you have. Everyone looking for the edge, winning a few games, getting knocked right back down again. If you've been fortunate enough to get some good prizes from the higher arenas, they're useful when the competition is so tight.

How Supercell have justified this is via the chests. By chests, and exchanging cards, people will slowly and slowly raise the level of their troops. So much so that the edge comes from this enhanced levels. But it's slow, it is no wonder they are doing the change they are- far more frequent chests.

How they should have done this, I had worked out but forgotten but it was avoiding people really falling down. Level=arena possibly. Furthest someone can fall is their level arena. But letting people escalate arenas.

Not everyone will buy this argument, they gladly fall into the delusion. It's a very clever game by Supercell- I have to say that.

(evidence by the way is looking at your clans. You will see levels at trophy levels they should not be as low as.)

3. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Went from 2000 to 1600 in a like a day. I think my strategy that depended on weak units backfired. Changed almost everything and back to 1900. Thats why i love this game that you can always try new things if something stops working. Still hate golems though i rarely win against those.

4. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This game desperately needs squelch options. One to squelch individual players during matches and one in the settings to squelch the entire stupid "chat" crap altogether.

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Saw a few people here and over on reddit were complaining about lack of deck slots which I agreed with so I decided to make a deck builder app.

You can store unlimited decks in there as well as stats about each deck you create (win/loss rate, type of cards and elixir cost). You can also keep notes on each deck like how to use it, counters for cards or thoughts about what you might change about it.

There is are also easy to use sorting options (which Clash Royale lacks)

Anyways its free like my chest tracker app and on the iOS App Store if anyone wants to check it out.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deck-builder-for-clash-royale/id1101390037?mt=8

[​IMG]

6. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I'm so addicted to this game. I play this more than Hearthstone now. The super quick matches keep me playing, because there is always enough time for "just one more match." lol

The game needs some balancing, though. Defensive buildings seem a bit more powerful than they should be, but maybe that's just me. One thing I can say for certain is that defensive buildings should not be able to target opponent towers. It's not an OFFENSIVE building! Haha! The range on them (mortars and x-boxs) are fine. They simply should not be able to target towers.

I think some kind of counterspell is needed, too. A spell that can nullify enemy spell effects (like freeze) would open up some different defensive tactics.

But overall, this game has me hooked. Loving it!

7. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Ultimately, rigged or not (which it is), cash grabber or not (which it oh-so-definitely is), that game becomes pretty forgettable sooner rather than later. Went to 1900+ before becoming bored to tears. Uninstalling. Clash of Clans this surely is not... Anyway it's already falling down the charts on both App Store and Google play. Good riddance.
    Supercell, take a hint.

8. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
  9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Oh no, its now second on the top grossing apps. Supercell, you guys are clearly doing something wrong.

10. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe where you are... Over here it's #3, was #1 last week. But anyway, all the more power for those who liked it.

11. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Pretty sure SuperCell won't be crying into their wads of cash over only being #3 Hahaha

12. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    #1032 Touchmint, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    I'm sure they are still on pace to make over $1,000,000,000 this year (no sarcasm). Made 110mil in month 1.

When this update hits all those whales are going to drop another 10-20k. They are making money faster than they could print it.

13. Wizard_Mike

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Ok, I'm starting to get frustrated with this game. Almost every opponent I face now is using the same lame strategy. Load up on defensive buildings and stall the game until they have an opportunity to drop hog + freeze.

It's such so frustrating to play against that crap. It takes so much mana to take down a bomb tower alone, never mind when there are other defenses to back it up. So it's either sit there and wait for the game to end in a draw, or try to make a push and end up being vulnerable to a hog + freeze combo.

The game is great, overall, but the defense spam players are killing all the fun.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I wish they would only allow one defensive building per deck. Maybe two

15. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I've found a deck that has me up to 2300 trophies without spending a dime and that uses neither the bomb tower nor freeze. It does use hog rider :) Minions are a good counter to bomb tower and they're nerfing the tower next week anyway.

16. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Thanks, I've been using that and it's great. Only bad thing it contains spoilers in a way, not sure how you can get around that.

17. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    #1037 Zaroff, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Not saying they will. I'm sure they'll make boatload of cash with this, but CoC didn't budge from the top spot for, what, two years? Point is, it doesn't seem to follow the same trend. Time will tell. #4 by now, in passing.

Some people at least are getting increasingly disanchanted with this game, personally I've seen hilarious stuff when I was still playing it, like for instance at times level 6 minions horde taking out a level 8 one easily, without other units at play, that sort of things. Or guys spawning 4 five elixir cards in like 10 seconds. As long as SC don't address that sort of things, polarizing opinions are sure to remain.

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    You know, I was convinced this happened to me the other night. The really weird thing? When I tried to watch the replay, it disappeared!

These sorts of things seem to be few and far between in my experience, but agreed that shenanigans need to be stomped out if they exist.

Not too worried about parity based on how much each player may be spending. The ladder seems to settle out nicely.

19. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    #1039 Zaroff, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    I'm still on the fence about whether they are shenanigans, or if this is by design. There isn't much I'd put past $upercell in order to make as much money as possible..

Independently of the quirks/rigged parts, though, I found the game incredibly boring at times, the absolute worst offender being the hut spammers. I mean, YAWN. It is possible to not loose when faced with that but simply involves spawning card after card after card to contain the deluge, until draw. Enthralling (not). So much so that I boycotted such matches and exited the application at the sight of those.

The success of this game boggles the mind.

20. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    You seem to be very passionate about the game you hate. Just ignore the game and put it aside. You'll be helping yourself and us as well.

Anyways, glad to see that TV Royale will now support all arenas. Now everyone can see which decks and cards are trending in their arena :D

Also glad to see that the motar and bomb tower are getting a nerf as well ofc