Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. jirka

jirka Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Just got to arena 4 after a week of oscilating around 1000 throphies. Always got busted when matched with someone 100tr above me, so now I' m when finlay in arena 4, I'm actually scared to play for the rest of the day. At least until I open few free chests :)

2. jirka

jirka Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Actually, your base level is only part of the equtation. Person can have high level, but plying with week (not leveled) cards.
    You can see level of troops above each unit, if you have time to watch for that during frantic gameplay ;)

Also next to opponent name is his trophies count, which gives you rough idea if you are are playing against curently stronger or weaker opponent.

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Yep, I'm level 7*, but I'm stuck in arena 4 (sometimes 5) because my cards aren't so great. And me, too. :D
    Anyway I play against level 5 or 6 with better cards than mine.

* in my clan I'm very generous about gifting cards. :)

4. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Yeah currently lvl 7 at 2200 trophies playing a pretty cheesy mortar deck. Basically hit a wall I've been at this level for a week or so, gaining and dropping trophies but eventually level out again. The games still a lot of fun though and I know that when I do level up my cards and base I'll be able to progress so I'm ok with this 'paywall'.

5. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    The issue I have with the game isn't the paywall. I'm fine with there being one, especially since it's free. The paywall as it stands is quite generous. It doesn't cost a lot (when compared with other ftp offerings) to get to a high level. The issue I have with the game is that when you hit the paywall, you essentially stop progression almost completely, depending on your skill level (of course). And the longer you play at that level the harder it is to maintain your trophy count since other players are parallel leveling beside you.

So basically, if I took a break at my current trophy count when I came back if be slammed back arena by arena. The game punishes you for not playing and punishes you for not keeping up with everyone else. It's quite ruthless. Nobody likes working really hard to get to a higher level, only to take a short break and come back to find out everyone else at your same trophy count is now two levels higher than you.

Of course once you get to level 7 the XP to get to 8 gets significantly crazy, and that's where you are bound to see players looking to just have a good time drop out and leave the board open for the players who love playing without the incentive of a chest (you know the type, players with 300+ wins at a lower trophy count than you, with your measley 90+ wins).

6. jirka

jirka Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Very good point.
    I wander how the game plays if you stop leveling up, once you get a decent pool of cards and learn to play well.

When you have good skill but low level cards, you should probaly see you winning easilly against opponent on same or even higher cards level, but loosing mostly against ghe higher.

Your experience would probably become dependent on matching algoritm; did it mathced you with somebody who is more skilled and have better cards, or with somebody who have just better cards but not that much experience? You have long streek of successes and then loses, or if you just stay around same level all the time winning and loosing 50/50.

In the end the position in arena/trophies count seems almost meaningless. When pushed back, you know you have improved and are playing beter games then before, even when playing 2 arenas lower and having less trophies.

But numbers are so persuasive, aren't they?

7. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    What the heck? I just got booted from the toucharcade1 clan even though I met the donation requirements each season and participated in discussions. OK then.

8. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Had I previously known that you were solely posting to vent your personal drama, I would have certainly not clicked here.. Please keep that out of this discussion..

9. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    Ha! That's how I've been feeling about arena 4 but I've been keeping myself there for a few days.

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #990 oscar123967, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    For those who are in arena 6 or 7 you guys should check out this deck:

Average Elixir Cost: 4.1
    (8) PEKKA
    (4) Musketeer
    (4) Valkarie
    (4) Hog Rider
    (2) Goblins
    (5) Elixir Collector
    (4) Freeze
    (3) Arrows

Got it from Chief Pat. Check out his vid on the best way to it

In the hour or so I used it, I managed to climb more trophies than usual. Hopefully I wont climb too high or my other decks will be irrelevant :D

11. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Arena 4 isn't... Too bad. It depends. I've gone really down, almost back to 3... But that's only been once. I'm still in 5, fairly low, but there. I just wanna get the elixir pump in arena 6

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for posting this, Oscar. It's the kind of tweak I've been pondering on my own similar deck now that I have elixir collector, which you really have to use properly to not be a losing proposition.

13. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    Me to. It's sometimes frustrating to have people use things against you that you don't have, but that's part of playing a CCG.

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That doesn't mean you don't have a counter to it. The early cards and the commons hold their own in this game.

15. SpikeGuy

May 8, 2012
    True. Those goblins have a place in my heart! :)

16. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I think the arrows being able to take down an army of goblins is silly.. Skeletons ok but goblins?

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I only play 3-4 matches a day. Most trophies I've had is 1100

18. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Very solid deck! I will be playing a bit more with. I noticed, that he is playing wizard instead of musketeer now.

19. Dodozen

Dodozen Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    This game is soooooo good (and so simple at same time).
    As a developer I feel ashamed :p

BTW, sorry for the offtopic but...

can someone tell me whats the bbcode I should use to add the "app information box" displayed on the very first post fo the thread?

cheers!

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1000 oscar123967, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Saw that too. Maybe its to counter minions. I noticed they're an issue with the deck if you dont have arrows in your hand.

Im still running with the musketeer though. They melt towers so quick

(appinfo=all)itunes app url(/appinfo)

Use square brackets ofc :)