Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    If I'm having fun then I'm good at the game.

It's a weird one this, I seem to go on a stomping spree then get absolutely steamrollered back.

It's fun in small bursts but I can't see me putting any real $ into it.

I can see how it will make shedloads though. :)

2. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Welł it's logical, you get some victories you go against stronger opponents. Then you lose, and then play still strong opponents but with different strategies maybe, and you can go on a run down.

But I don't like this game. Fed up of playing on an unbalanced playing field.
    How many games I've played people with princes, skel armies, little dragons, balloons, raiders that I just don't have.
    Roll on plants vs zombies heroes

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    You really can't go into this game and half-ass it. There's legit punishment for losses. And when I'm just trying to get some daily crowns, I'm not always game for the focus.

And because of the structure (no way to catch up other than money), you can't really afford to miss scheduled rewards.

I can feel myself burning out because the format is just a bit too strict.

4. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012

That's actually a really good summary of the game

5. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    That's it, spot on. It looks like a game for a casual blast but once you're on the treadmill you really need to keep up and nail the strategies.

I understand the up/down nature of winning and losing but sometimes the matchmaking does seem schizophrenic.

6. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #946 nosoup4crr, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    I really don't mean to complain too much. The game is wonderful in terms of strategy and balance. And I can see the developers are trying to keep it fair and competitive. But the game desperately needs a way to catch up and Daily rewards not contingent upon PvP (at least not exclusively).

I think I convinced myself to give up the grind.

7. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Supercell are really naughty with this game. Never have I had such an yearning to buy such in game currency, just so I can complete my sets of troops. I think it's for this reason I'm going to delete it. Before I decide to spend a whopper on the game which doesn't deserve that spending on. I'm just not patient enough for the chests.

8. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just keep in mind no matter how much you spend you will keep hitting that wall. Just because you spend $10-20 only means you might be in the clear for about 5-10 matches. Unless you spend $50,000 you'll always hit that wall.

9. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I feel the same. I'd rather put money into vainglory. Although I play this more cause it's quick.

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
  11. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    It's not really unbalanced. If you join a clan and donat a lot of cards then you can save up the 2000 coins it takes to buy an epic card in 3-4 days - so you can have anything you want. And even if you don't you'll still be given epic cards occasionally.

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    So you know, literally every single card you mentioned here is countered perfectly without taking a lick of damage by Minion Horde. Drop that card on top of each of these cards and get an near-instant kill. No problem.

13. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I agree. I dislike people who cannot understand that if you play for a few weeks, you will have every epic from that arena. Also, there are rare and common counters for every card, so you don't even need the epics really. Also, I get about 1000 gold a day at arena 7 so I get epics all the time. You just got to get past the first part. It's like there's a paywall from 700 - 1600, but once you get really good at the game it is easy. I constantly find myself beating lvl 9 - 10 players and still losing to lvl 6 - 8 players. I'm telling you, its 80% skill.

14. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    After consideration I genuinely hate the laughing emote. It makes me want to cause physical harm to the people who use it. I know it's a game and I shouldn't be bothered... But that emote gets to me, dunno why.

15. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You would hate playing against me LOL. I may or may not try to get in the head of my opponent at times. If I make a good play, you better be ready for a psychological battle

16. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Hahahahahahahahhahahahahaaahahahaaaahaha

17. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Had to face the facts I suck at this game and I'm not having fun haha. Anytime I made it to arena 4 I would legit lose like six battles in a row dropping me back to like 900 trophies all over again. Fun game but I'm not good enough to enjoy playing it. Had to delete for my own sanities sake.

18. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    I use the laughing and smiley one in an asshole kind of way. If I'm being present I use the words.

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I bleeping hate the emotes too. Nothing like having some strategy-less 10 year old laughing at you because you had an off game and lost to his army with +2 troop levels on you across the board. They definitely make me want to play less.

I must be more streaky than normal since I dropped from 1611 down to 1130. Granted, I sometimes play when exhausted and have occasional disconnect issues. I've gained a lot of stuff since 1611 and feel like I'm ready to at least make a brief appearance in arena 6.

20. gospvg

gospvg Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #960 gospvg, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Loving this, been playing since release. Agree with above statements you need to be in a clan to donate & receive cards to really upgrade your cards.