Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I'm currently stuck in the slog of arena 4, and can't seem to progress no matter how strong my cards are. I am a ftp player (spent $2 to upgrade an epic), but I always get slaughtered in arena 4 before I can make the jump.

Anyone have any advice, resources, or tips to make it past?

2. massy93

massy93 New Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Ehy guys if u want join my clan " TRNDSTTR " ( the one with the gold skull ) . We are growing and we're helping each other a lot!

3. saintlee1

saintlee1 New Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Love this game but unless you are willing to invest in gems it fast becomes hard going,an option should be added so you can choose to keep or ditch chests you don't want as you soon get four chests and without gems it's so dull waiting hours for silver chests containing items of little use

4. Phenomen

Phenomen Member

Jul 3, 2014
    I'm in Arena 7 as 100% F2P player (no single $ spent). So it's totally possible to get higher without investing. But I feel like Arena 8 is wall. There are just too many players with unrealistically high level epics that F2P player would need many months if not years to get.

Also don't spend gems on chests. Accumulate 500 and buy 10k gold.

5. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #885 cowtruck123, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    FYI I anyone needs a clan to join I started a new one called "Canine Club". 0 trophies required.
    Whoops. Just saw the clan recruitment thread. I'll post there.

6. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    I traded in my f2p card because I have played this game more than the last several paid games I have combined.

My only complaint is I wish there were more variety in the 'trainer battles' you can play without gaining/losing trophies.

7. GreenAlex96

GreenAlex96 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    I hope they do something to balance clan sizes. Right now having a smaller clan does nothing but hurt you, whereas other supercell games make adjustments if you have a smaller group.

8. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    And now it's time for me to quit it seems. Can't progress past arena 4, been here for weeks now. Change my deck constantly, go up a bit, plummet down. Can't continue though I only spent a buck so I'm happy

9. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Still having fun with it. As a F2P player, I always adjust me expectations. This game is fun even when you're not competing to be the best. Pretty versatile gameplay that's punitive towards mistakes. Skill level is important.

Two frustrations: the super magical chest is random. It's SO much better than everything else on the f2p side that not getting one feels like a huge luck-based disadvantage. I can't compete with other f2p players who've found one item which, in itself, holds twice as much as I've received in all my time playing. Secondly, I wish they had an arena where trophies weren't at stake. I can't always get friendliest with the guild...and I'd like to be able to test cards/decks without losing trophies.

10. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Definitely possible to get past arena 4 f2p. I'm on 1,850 trophies with no spend. In general whatever cards I use they need to be level 7 common level 4 rare and level 2 epic to be useful.

Also, as someone mentioned previously buy the 10k gold when you have enough gems. It's useful to upgrade.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    #891 Andre, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Is Baited your elder?

P/s: how can I have giant chest or other greater chests without purchase them? I only have silver chests until now. (arena 3) and I want a baby dragon... :(

12. Nivak

Nivak Member

Mar 12, 2015
    You drop them

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #893 ArtNJ, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Giant chests are non-random, there are 3 giant chests in the (proven) cycle of 210 chests. I think its 210, might be be 240, dont remember, but you can find the cycle on the wiki. Unfortunately, giant chests actually can be fairly dissappointing if you get cards you dont use. I got 16 Rockets (rare), like 20 goblins and 123 skeletons. The rares can definitely be split up more (not all the same), not sure about the commons (I know another guildmate also got 123 of something). Best bet is just to not worry about acquiring special chests.

Also, on Baby Dragon, just an FYI, but like a lot of cards, its super-annoying to play against, and, at least at first, very disappointing to play with. Reason being, like most cards, you really need to learn how to use it properly. Used haphazardly, Baby Dragon dies pretty easily. Its definitely not OP. I wouldn't spend 2,000 gold on it unless your spending money on the game, and even then probably not. Basically true for every epic.

14. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    hm horrendous luck-driven game it's got to be said.
    This usurps that, that usurps this.
    Otherwise it's okay.
    Definitely generous to rate it 5/5 though.

15. diamond127

diamond127 New Member

May 10, 2009
    Anyone running into apparent cheaters

Played a bunch of matches where my opponent plays 3-4 cards in succession that are all 5+ elixir.

16. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Chests come in a certain order / rotation when you win they are not random and the rotation only happens when you have an empty slot.

I made a free app where you can see the chest order and track you place in the order as well as see how many chests until the next gold magical and giant chests.

Chest Tracker for Clash Royale - Easy Rotation Calculator by TouchMint
    https://appsto.re/us/-drdbb.i

17. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Luck driven? Im at 2300s and I have cards 3 levels lower

18. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Dont change your deck constantly and stick with one deck. Doesnt really matter how good the deck is, its how good the player is

19. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Can anyone point me to the clan recruiting page? I seem to remember there being one, but I can't find it...

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I'm trying not to level .
    What's the best cards to use at under level 5?
    I spam huts and graves