Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    It's easily countered: goblin barrel, flying units or goblin spears. Basically put a ranged unit right by it

2. irettillib

irettillib Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2013
    If you think XBow is easily countered, you haven't played someone that knows what they're doing.

3. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Right. Arrows counters all of those counters instantly. If you've got an X-Bow and Arrows, you've bought at least 10 seconds of full-fire on the tower. It is a very dangerous combo.

4. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    For those wondering how to find their location its a little tricky if you have not already been tracking but surely doable.

First step is to have an idea when the last time you got a magical or giant chest and which one it was since you only have 3 in the rotation. Once you have a rough idea go head and start keeping track of chests you receive after about 5-10 chests you should be able to match it up to the list and figure out where you are at. Once you select where you are at it saves that place so youll just need to advance it when you open a chest =).

ohh and download adventure to fate or youll lose all your clash royale progress ;).

5. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Pretty much. I played quite a bit for about 8 days or so. Even spent $10. Ultimately I liked the game but not going to continue to play when it's not a level playing field. Deleted this past weekend and haven't missed it one bit.

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Pretty sure that X-Bow won't be a big problem soon.

7. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    But dragons kill it fairly fast and dragons can't be stopped with arrows. Plus, for me at least, I usually have two, or can get ankther, flying or ranged unit.

8. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    How do you invite someone to your clan?

9. OurFolkChannel

OurFolkChannel New Member

Mar 5, 2016
    #869 OurFolkChannel, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Great game

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    In browsing through the replay videos, I noticed that there aren't nearly as many of those top players using the x-bow as I would have guessed, based on the comments here. If it was game-breakingly good (yes, I made up a word, lol), then I would imagine that all of the top players would be using it.

I haven't watched any of those videos of the top guys using the x-bow yet, but I'm betting that if there are some good ways to counter the x-bow, that's a good place to find them in action.

11. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    It isn't REALLY that gamebreaking. Honestly, it is more that it is constant at my current level, everyone uses it in the same way and it is very, very annoying. Crypt is a pretty good counter and Freeze works too. So yes, of course we can beat it. That's not the issue. The real thing about it is how frustrating it is. When someone plays it, if you don't fully counter within the short warmup, you just have to sit and watch your tower get eaten while you wait. There's very little in this game that is as disheartening as that. It just makes me FEEL bad about losing.

Previously, it attacked flying targets, and also targeted the closest enemy. That was WAY overpowered as a board-clearing tool, but it wasn't good at killing towers. But with the change they made to it, it is a tower killer in a terrible way. If I have a runner coming at my tower, at least I can drop something to distract them, right? But once it locks on, it goes no matter what. I can't put something in front of it to stop it. I have to kill it. And that just sucks.

12. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    That's how I felt about the prince for the longest time. Every time that guy was able to land a charge on one of my towers, I knew the tower was toast. Now I try to keep the one-mana skeleton card in my hand just to block those guys.

13. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    And, Prince was nerfed (twice?). Much less of a threat, easy to counter. Everything is "easy" to counter in the game. X-Bow and to some extent Tesla are the exceptions.

14. OurFolkChannel

OurFolkChannel New Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Join my clan Donald Trump #8ULJPGJ it's open as of now.

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've got the X-Bow and I still lose plenty of games. I don't use the arrows, but my biggest banes are things like Giants, Inferno towers, Mini Pekas and Baby Dragons - nothing the arrows are that good against.

16. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Minion Horde is your counter for every one of those.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Freeze is game breaking... Run your Knight and freeze.. Instant thank you ma'am

18. spader623

Jan 18, 2014
    Arrows are crucial, for me at least. I see a lot of small healthed enemies so arrows help a lot

19. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Crypt or regular Goblins/Skeletons. Cheap, always available, murders the runners. Drop them either after the freeze or out of range of the freeze. Best part about Crypt is if they kill it after freezing, the skeletons that pop out won't be frozen.

20. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    I hope this game gets some balancing soon. While nearly perfect, I still think some cards (defense and towers in particular) could be tweaked a bit.

Also, Toucharcade X has a couple of spots open now on CR. I've also set up a Toucharcade X group on Clash of Clans as well as this game. Check them both out if you want.