Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. thecmancan

thecmancan Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Telecommunications
    NYC
    I paid 10 bucks for a quick boost to Arena 5. I think the many hours I've enjoyed the game so far is well worth it.

Sometimes, you are peeling off victories 3-5 in a row. But there are definitely times when it seems I'm losing a lot more. The key here is not being frustrated. If you have no more chest unlocks to do then do something else for a while and come back.

Like it or not though, the gameplay here is brilliant. Deck building, timing, positioning and luck all play a role. I call it the perfect mobile game.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I have many free play players in my guild at 2800 trophies lmao. Some decks are just crazy good that don't need epics. I'm only at 2500 lol

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    care to share with the rest of us what those decks might be :)

4. Lochheart

Lochheart Active Member

Oct 30, 2013
    France
    I have read somewhere that every 5 games, the matchmaking give you a much stronger opponent.
    You need to wait 15-20 minutes every 5 games in order to play against your ranking.

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I really don't know if your comment is solid or not.. BUT, I can vouch for one thing.. If i play for an hour or so straight, I inevitably drop trophies, even as I am trying to win..

I do find that I play much better in small bursts, like one or two matches at a time, spread throughout the day..

So are my unusual percentage of losses, while playing for an extended period of time, part of a psycological collapse from non-stop play, or is the heat turned up (as you suggest) a bit as I progress in one sitting?.. You may be on to something..

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    To be honest when I win a couple of matches I think the game is great fun, but when I lose some matches I delete the game in an instance Ha ha, deleted and downloaded it about ten times now, love and hate goes a long way.

7. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I think (not a new idea, this is floated with this type of game often) that the feeling of anger when losing and thrill when winning is engineered by the game to make people spend money. Knowing that you're SO CLOSE, argh, grr, maybe if I just bought this and had this card it'd make the difference.... That's a possible real money-making tactic. I have also rage-deleted the game three times since soft launch now.

8. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    Yeah, I have rage deleted this game so many times, its hard to count - same with COC, over the years..

Oh well.. While I do have a HUGE collection of premium games to pick from on my account, I also enjoy FTP mechanics, if done well. I occasionally throw a few dollars here and there to certain ftp games that I really enjoy.. Hearthstone, Clash Royale, and COC, on the other hand, have never gotten any of my money, as of yet. I do believe these titles are worthy of my money, but at the same time, I gain enough satisfaction by playing for free that I have always resisted the urge to spend..

9. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I would normally have rage deleted, but this game is handled so well. And it took me a while to lose for the first time, so I got a false sense of superiority in my head at the beginning that got me through the main rage delete phase.

10. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    I totally agree with this comment, same here! My rage deleting, with this game, did not begin until my binge-playing began a few days ago.. lol. No complaints here, just observations..

11. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    So what's your deck? :)

12. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I've rage deleted this game more times in a few weeks than I have in 3+ years of clash of clans lol

13. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    #853 spader623, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    How much money, if any, have you guys spent? I've spent only a dollar to get some gold to buy a skeleton balloon. I really wanted it... Sure it may be tough to use but damn if it doesn't pack a punch to towers. Also, I'll probably spend another dollar to buy a witch when she comes back to the shop. I like being able to use a lot of the epics rather then focusing on on only a few. They're fun.

14. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    If you can't beat them join them?

I had a request on Reddit to build a chest rotation tracking app for clash royale so I did it and it blew up.

It works by putting in what chest you are on and it will keep track of it as well as tell when your next gold magical and giant are coming. It's free and on the store now:

https://appsto.re/us/-drdbb.i

15. JohnnyClash

Mar 11, 2016
    #855 JohnnyClash, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Very well done app! Thanks for creating it and giving us a heads up..

16. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Very cool app! Is there a way to check which chest # I am at?

17. TrencH

TrencH Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 29, 2013

Thanks for your efforts!

18. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    X-Bow has made this game unplayable.

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Dropped $10 this weekend to stop worrying about gold for card upgrades. Like every other Super Cell game, it's more than enough to overcome any pressure IF you continue to play normally. Converted 500 of the 1200 gems to 10K gold. Have about 750 gems and over 6K gold days later. Expect there will never be a need to spend again the way I play.

20. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I was watching some of that tournament that was on the front page of TA in China, and it looked like players were allowed to ban one card from each others deck. I feel like that would be a cool feature. Like, if you hate the X-Bow, you could have it as your one card that is never in the deck of people you match with.