Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Well said sir! Yeah if they added a way to either:

Make chests count down all at once
    Earn XP and gold from battles
    Lower the timer requirements SOME on chests. I don't mind them but 8 & 12 hours is NUTS
    Make Gems a little more accessible other than real money
    Fill in the blank __________

Then this would be an extremely superb game
    As it sits now if they don't end up changing it then it'll be off my device soon sadly because I really like it

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #62 Zeillusion, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Its odd as well because every arena says card unlocks but for arena one I got none of the epics and now I'm on arena 2. Does that mean I've missed my chance at barrel gobs? Or can I still get them lol (by purchasing chests)

This game has tons of potential.

Edit: didn't realize I had a crown chest waiting for me. Didn't get anything good though lol

& prince is def best first royal to get. I have witch and she's okay but prince owns her.

Let us level up by playing and winning! They should add a 100 levels and paragon system where it's infinite. Give us something to do while waiting for chests. Gold would be superb as well. The progression doesn't make sense as it stands.

3. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I'm fairly certain that each new arena simply increases the card pool you can get from chests. The downside to this is that the way the game works, with limited cards you can bring to a battle, it would be far better to level up a few cards than get a large collection. It's actually pretty counter-intuitive as it devalues playing any significant time beyond the bare minimum to get certain rewards.

Speaking of counter-intuitive, I just got an epic chest and rather than get excited, I couldn't help wish that I had got a less rare chest so that I might actually see it open in a reasonable amount of time :p

The game truly does have potential, but it really needs a fairly major overall to the leveling and loot system.

4. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    I totally agree. It needs better progression, and a better reward mechanic to keep players playing. As of now it's play 3-4 matches than wait 8-12 hours.

Also: make she's to open crown chest guys. I didn't realize every 24 hours you can open one with 10 crowns.

Like I said, the game has huge potential but needs a giant progression and purchase monetization overhaul.

Supercell is icky when it comes to feedback. Even trying to email them is practically impossible considering the amount of questions your automatically asked in order to retrieve their feedback email. Let's hope they listen to the players.

I can see this being huge.

Especially if they continually let us level and reward us for actually playing / cut down on chest times. I know that would be the main source of income for this game, but even still.

They already raised chest prices yesterday.

5. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I find spells really underwhelming. For their cost, many spells won't even outright kill stronger units. Thus it seems better to simple pump out several small units or another big unit for the same cost of casting the spell. On the other end of the spectrum, the buildings that generate units seem a little too powerful. Through the luck of the draw I got the hut that spawns spear goblins, and managed to level it to 3, which increases the goblins levels. If I plant one early on, I basically can focus on the other lane while leaving a permanent threat that at the least will widdle a tower down a chunk. If I get two early on in the same lane, opponents have to have their own buildings to counter or they simply can't keep up.

6. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Just opened my purple chest from arena 2.

1 rare graveyard. 1 rare bomb defence building. 1 epic balloon air unit. 1 epic giant skeleton. Those epics any good?

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    The graveyard is awesome value for 3, the balloon is pretty good simply because it flies AND goes straight for buildings, the giant skeleton is not worth 6 to play though in my opinion.

8. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Any official TA clan yet??

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Was thinking the same. Is zweegie here? He's the one leading the clan named toucharcade. Was thinking we could make that the official one

10. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Anyone know how the game determines what type of chest you win? I normally get silver or gold but have just won a purple chest and I don't know why lol..

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It seems like a dice-roll, with better chances for better chests the higher your crown win was

12. nenastya

nenastya Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Female
    Russia
    The game is gripping and exciting! Couldn't stop playing it until...I spent all my money! To play a game you need to spend coins, you can get coins only from chests, you can get chests from PVP, there are only 4 slots for chests and the smallest chest opens after 3 hours of waiting (golden - 8h, magical - 12h) and you get shitty stuff from it. The game is not ready for the world release but ready to collect money from our pockets. Anyway, I like the game and hope Supercell will correct all the cons of this game to let us enjoy it.
    My suggestions: add more slots for chest or just let us delete unnessesary silver chest in favor of golden or magical; reduce and high costs of some units; let the players earn coins by some other ways (for example, wins).

13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes -
    Great game but they need to adjust rewards.
    Gold from winning would be good.

I think your active chest timer should reduce after successive wins, so you could "grind it out" if you didn't want to spend cash.

14. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Aside from the gripes about the chests, its amazing how Supercell continues to deliver games with this kind of production value.

15. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    The prince is so overpowered. Is there a way to restart the game?

16. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Yes the royal prince is VERY op. Takes any building out in 3-4 hits. He's much better than any other begging Royal. Hope to get him soon. Although I usually beat people with him because I'm quite good. I could have all buildings and enemy down two but once he unleashes a prince it's GG unless I can quick combat. Use my pekka and gobs to overcrowd the prince.

17. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    This game is funny, but I must say the same thing as everybody : give me something to do between the chest timer. I mean, even playing game is negative because I'm not winning gold from wins, so I can't just play for fun, because money is scarce.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #78 TotallyImba, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    The prince is op in the early stages but simply use the skeleton army to counter him.

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I recommend only upgrading the cards that you'll be using so you wont run out of gold

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I tried that but I started getting matches with higher levels consistently so I had to level up