Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #761 TywinTheVile, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Well that is good to know. :). I had friends complaining they missed out on good chests but I am still learning. I still dont feel progression when pushing with no rewards. Ugh lol.

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    there is an algorithm out there somewhere that tells you when you'll get certain chests. Just got to look for it and guess what count your on. It's a 500 chest cycle or something like that

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
  4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This is my understanding as well which is why I was confused by that particular comment.

5. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    #766 TywinTheVile, Mar 9, 2016
    I am glad ya'll cleared that up. Unfortunately I still see little value in fighting without rewards no matter how fun it is. Cheers though! All the tips here have helped me give the game a second chance after i quit during soft launch.

Just to clarify I am enjoying the game and started a clan and everything. So despite my hesitations and critiques I am still having fun and plan to play long term.

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #767 oscar123967, Mar 9, 2016
    heres the cycle if youre interested https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/152H0sXCMZRwAsnZ1wbFgIwH3jWwtNrXjbe1ToKaycuQ/pubhtml.

Edit: oops someone already posted it

7. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Playing and not earning chests is still useful not just for fun but earning trophies to get to the next worlds and practicing different cards and strategies.

8. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    So just enjoy the game cuz, it's fun? But people are complaining about the new Tomb of the Mask update because it doesn't give out as many free coins as it used to? Okay then. Congratulations Supercell, you have brainwashed the mobile gaming community successfully.

9. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    So everyone who enjoys playing matches in this game, even if all of their chest slots are full, is brainwashed? Yeah, that's a pretty absurd assumption.

Perhaps people who don't believe it's possible to enjoy a freemium mobile game without being brainwashed are actually the ones who are brainwashed.

10. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Really feels like of the starter elites, the prince and the baby dragon are the best starters. I would lean more towards the baby dragon. Early game, the ranged attackers that can reach the dragon are relatively weak. I don't think there's a direct counter to it early on. I think in arena two the minions are a decent counter but only if you drop them down after it's already distracted on fighting something else. It also has a base 100 damage AoE which clears all goblins and skeletons that are in Arena 1-2. Looking at the watch matches, both of these are way more prevalent than any of the other elites. There also doesn't seem to be a way to reset your account that's linked to your gamecenter account.

11. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    #772 guzzla, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Isnt the point of playing any game to have fun? Has Nintendo brainwashed me as well? All this time I didnt know, playing iterations for almost 30 years with no in game reward....

I will also note the progression is way better than Hearthstone. You get 6 free chests a day, plus a crown chest, and you can unlock as many as 8 silver chests all for free. So 15 free chests max vs a few packs a week that I was able to grind out completing daily quests in HS.

12. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I just don't get why it's cool for Supercell to do this when I've seen people cry foul many times for much less IAP. It's just nice to play a game where everyone has an equal chance to be successful and when leaderboards are based on skill and not dumping money into the game. But at this point, f**k me, for every comment I make about the game I get 3 comments defending the company making billions in revenue off of children and people trying to make a living. I just pray for the indie dev that tries this approach.

13. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    #774 Brawwwn, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    Brawwwn just play the game, isn't that what's all about? Just play the matches, they're fun. Even if playing with your chest slots full actually hinders your progress further because unlocking new arenas decreases your odds of getting new cards. But it's just about the core gameplay man, even when you hit a point where you almost literally can't do anything because you have a lot of trophies but your cards are garbage compared to your opponents. Isn't part of the fun of video games just constantly getting destroyed by someone who's paid for better cards then you? Relax man and just play the game cuz it's fun. Think of it as Super Mario 64 but there are no stars because you have to pay $50 to unlock star mode and can only collect one star every 4 hours. It's still fun because you can just run around the level and beat enemies and you know, play the game. Having any sort of goal that doesn't cost money is so 2015 man.

PS. You just constantly die in Super Mario 64 because Bowser and the Goombas bought more moves and weapons than you via IAP but its still fun to just play the game ya know? You get 25 free coins a day so it's totally fair.

Oh and fireballs and ground pound cost 25,000 and 50,000 coins respectively to unlock and you can only use each move 3 times per level. Then you have to wait 8 hours or you can request someone donate moves to you, once every 72 hours. Just keep in mind how fun the core game is while you're dealing with all of this. You have unlimited lives though so you can "play" all you want. Get with the program Brawwwn.

14. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    =D

The game was built to cause addiction and to trick people into paying money. But even knowing that, I play it anyway. They did a good job I guess. It's scary. This is truly digital crack.

15. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Every game (and its IAP) should be evaluated on it's own merit.

When you call people brainwashed because they say they are having fun playing the game, then what do you expect? We aren't defending Supercell, we are defending ourselves from your insulting comments. Maybe you should stick to just stating your opinion about the game, rather than your opinion about the people that enjoy it.

16. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I play it, and enjoy it, but it's BS. I deal with it and am perhaps also brainwashed. But idc, I'll call a duck a duck if I see one, even if it's a cool duck that I happen to enjoy spending time with, it's still a bulls**t money hungry duck.

17. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    There will always be a subcategory of free games, made by passionate developers who are trying to spread their reputation or work. But I don't understand when it became routine to criticize the best devs out there to sacrifice profit.

The best in the field will go where they can profit most from their abilities. Where they go has changed quite a bit in the past decade. But their motivation stays the same. Fighting that system will be fruitless. You just have to navigate it on a cost/benefit scale as best you can.

18. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I've always hated Clash of Clans, and the F2P model SC practically invented, but I gave this game $5, it's so fun. I just wish it could be a little less aggressive but will admit there's displaced anger here.

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Let it put brawwwn. Let it out. Our ears are open bud :D

Fun game nonetheless doe amirite?