Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    What I do is search "toucharc" which I would think lists them all, to see how everyone is doing.

andysmash, good to see you reppin' for TouchArcadia ;) I'm your clanmate, Furo.

2. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I would love to see a developer like, say, Nitrome make a game with this exact style of monetization. It would completely go against the grain of their typical style and it would get BLASTED. I even recall that the Ultimate Briefcase IAP was a bit strong, as mentioned in the TA review. Everyone just accepts that Supercell gouges it's customers and would rather make money than a good experience? I'm getting tired of people defending them. Sure you can play this game for free but EVERYTHING has a god damn wait timer. Why does this community scrutinize games by small developers when they have IAP but seem willing to bend over for Supercell? Flame on but good lord when I look around this site I see a lot of disillusion.

3. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    #743 Jakeopp, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Anyone here in the 1700-1800 range? If so, what deck are you using?

I've been stuck at 1500-1600 for what seems like a month now, at this point I'm purposely going on losing streaks in order to get easier matches & waste less time playing to get crown chests...

4. Tortimer2

Tortimer2 Member

Feb 12, 2016
    I'm 1900 here is my current deck:
    Spear goblins lvl 8
    Archers lvl 8
    Minion hoard lvl 8
    Fireball lvl5
    Hog lvl 5
    Prince lvl 3
    Tesla lvl 8
    Ice wizard lvl 1

5. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    I own all but ice wizard...but your troop levels are much higher than mine...

6. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Except for the the actual matches. You know, the main part of the game? The part you actually play? No timer there at all.

7. Richy23

Richy23 Member

Jul 12, 2010
    What on earth are we meant to do whilst the game is on a maintenance break?! I have two chests ready to open! One silver, one gold! :eek: :D

8. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    5e spent on the game. Highest trophies 2797 or so. Player rank 8.

Card levels: 8 commons. 5 rares. 2 epics.

I uninstalled the game today. There's absolutely no idea playing the game any more, since you cannot progress without spending money. I have had opponents up to level 7 epics. Most of the games the cards on opponents are 2-3 levels higher.

It's as pay to win as it gets.

IF they had matchmaking that would attempt to match up players with at least bit more similar card levels, I'd still play. But as it's purely trophy placed - too bad. The outcome of the match is way too rigged and as player I feel that skill plays no role after a certain point. At that point you'll just need to hope that you LUCK opponents via RNG that would NOT have 3-5 level higher cards than you do.

Maybe I'll check the game in couple months, but I am done for now.

www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah you are right, I spendid yesterday my first money on the game and I am gone from 700 trophies to 1100 in 20 hours, that's pay to win for me, but I like the game and will play some weeks now see how it goes.

10. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Thank You. I thought I was alone in this sentiment.

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Needed to be said again.
    Just. Play. The. Game. It's fun.

12. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    #752 TywinTheVile, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    I guess it is just a difference in philosophy bro. Playing and not progressing isn't fun for me because I'll hit a wall. Also missing out on good chests because I am just playing for fun and my chest slots are full isn't fun. So I appreciate that the gameplay is fun, but I will not ignore the blatant and (to me) over the top cash grabs.

I will still play. SuperCell is a powerful force in the mobile Industry and is a big factor in why games are now so blatantly freemium. They have influence and could help shape the industry in another direction and they chose to instead follow the money trail that they themselves had a huge hand in creating.

I see posts all the time on TA about supporting premium and people condemning f2p and timers and blah blah. I don't think us pointing out the hypocrisy in this detracts at all from the game's fun factor.

Game is a lot of fun! But does seem we users turn a blind eye to tactics we would decry in other games when it comes to SuperCell. I'll let it go (maybe, I love debating mobile gaming and it's many viewpoints).

I do enjoy the game, i will continue to play. It is fun but it is more fun to progress and grow my deck and SuperCell has made that aspect a slow grind hampered by many arbitrary timers meant to timegate me enough to frustrate my wallet open.

Cheers

Edit: The game even so nicely reminds you that playing with full chests is counter to your long-term progress, warning you everytime you do and asking you if you're sure you want to continue. A clever and not so subtle reminder to maybe go open a chest and guess what? If the timer isn't done you can always buy some "reasonably" priced gems. Woot

13. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm at 1700 crowns and I haven't spent any money. "Pay to win" is sometimes actually "I'm not good enough to win so I spent some money."

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Damn son! What was your deck list by chance?

Thanks

15. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I understood all your points except this one. How do you feel you are "missing out on good chests"? You mean because you'd have to win again later to get what you would have otherwise received for that win? Maybe I'm taking "missing out" too literally, but you will get all chests.

Seems like without timers people would be hitting a ceiling much sooner, thus requiring serious power creep to keep the game fresh. That said, I have no doubt that it is also a monetization tool.

Game's a blast regardless.

16. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    That's also right ha ha, deleted the game for good now.

17. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Does Mr.Eford come to the TA forums? He is the leader of TouchArcana so I'm assuming he does. If you're here is there a way you can either kick the inactives in our clan or give me permissions to so we can get more active people.
    Thanks

18. TywinTheVile

Sep 24, 2013
    Maybe it's just my perception. If I am just pushing rank and I get a super Magical or Magical chest when I am full (happened to players I know that were just push push) then I would feel put out. Being full and getting a silver chest is whatever but I was just thinking worst case scenario. Chests build decks, winning gives chests, if I am winning and full chest slots I am not building my deck, nor am I earning any Gold to buy cards, nor am I earning gems to buy gold. I am fighting for the sake of fighting because I enjoy it (I guess) and the minimal xp rewards and as far as I am concerned nothing else.

If it were a single player non-competitive environment this would be fine for me but this game is geared at building strong decks and rising rank.

It'll be a long time before I will match the gamers who spend thousands but I'd like to feel a little more progression. That's all. Did I make my point more clear or just more muddled lol

Maybe it's my love-hate with the game shining through

19. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    I do not see a problem with spending $10-20 bucks smartly while playing a game that is fun. This one is rediculous fun and worth paying for. I have not even paid a dime yet but I can see myself wanting to spend some coin. My wife loves the hell out of it. Might even buy her some "gems" instead of real life "gems" and save hundreds lol. I think some games a crapful tasteless money suckers but others are worth playing. Doesn't anyone remember playing arcade games? I used to dump so much coin in those. I also remember Nintendo had a cabinet to sample MARIO on a timer. Now THAT was abuse! Most people do not even have time to sit and play premium games or console games either like myself. So instead of having a collection of ps4/Xbox games which some would call "premium" dust collecting boxes sitting under all their electronic goodies, I think spending a little money here and there on a worthwhile game makes much more sense. It's like a rad demo you can keep paying to go. I'm so tired of hearing..."oh it's FREE? I'm not getting it then..." Time to give in. Can't complain, sometimes it nice to get an awesome game like LOST SOCKS, which I feel is so awesome and deserves to cost way more. I bet the sequel will be a free to play though. No one can survive off these one time pay no in app purchase nonsense. I'd rather pour money into a few awesome games slowly than thousands on a bunch of games I never play much anyways. Anyways, that's my long time, old timer rant. I for one love playing games for free. I always feel like I'm cheating by never spending a dime. Now back to my awesome new addiction!

Clash Royale Rules!

My clan Team Taco: "Royale w Cheese" how cool a tag is that? Ha!

20. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I think your "chest count" only counts for the chests you actually receive not what you would have received.