Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm 1660 trophies. 3.6 elixir. I use Goblins, Spear Goblins, Goblin Barrel, Wizard, Tesla, Barbarians, Minion Horde and Zap.

I would never play without Goblin Barrel, Minion Horde and Zap. I feel like Barrel is one of the best cards in the game. It can do 400-500 damage if unopposed and is a fantastic "sneak in the win" card. I prefer Zap over other spells - For the huge hordes, it will kill them all in one shot cheaply (why waste a fireball on a horde?), and it is a good utility stun against runner cards. Especially effective against Prince (slows it down, reducing the damage) and Witch (kills her skeletons and stuns her long enough to get troops into range). Minion Horde is my favorite counter to Giant, Giant Skeleton, Hog Rider and Prince.

My main strategy is to toss a barrel, counter the opponent and make steady pushes forward with Barbarian and either Minion Horde or Wizard for backup. I'll toss the various goblin troops around to fill in gaps or get quick hits, and Tesla for defense.

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Great tips! Is 'zap' the lightning card? Or is it something above Arena 4?

3. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Zap is from Arena 5. It has a small-ish area of effect, does enough damage to kill any skeleton or goblin (and like, 99% of a minion's health) and stuns them for about a second.

4. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Gotcha, thanks!

5. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    I enjoy playing this game even while all my chest slots are full. Maybe people will complain, but I've found this game quite rewarding and it actually has a little bit of a skill curve. It's a blast so far and I'm only on arena 2.

Also feel free to join Toucharcade X, a public clan I made. It's open to anyone with 200+ trophies and we'd love to have you, as the other TA clans are full.

6. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Just curious why you would continue to push and fight with full slots. Could you rank up too much and and not have a good enough deck? I'm curious on strategy for battling when no chance at a new chest

7. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Just hit legendary, playing this game from ios soft launch.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #708 oscar123967, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Enteratinment and fun. Who doesnt love a good challenge. I spend a lot of time just battle clan mates for no reward.

You will never reach a point where you wont have a good enough deck to play the gane. Your win/lose ratio will balance out though.

If your looking to trick yourself into playing for a reward, keep this in mind: the more you trophy push, the quicker you'll be earning chests that have a lot more gold and cards in them. You will also become a better player through the process. So technically you will be progressing through the game faster by playing more.

Congratulations! Im still in the builder's workshop lol. Been playing since soft launch as well

9. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I heard you get 3 magic chests when you reach 250 wins... Is this true?
    If so, better make sure have space for them before reach the 250 wins

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Where could you see how many wins do you have?

11. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    No its not true

12. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The chest system works on a specific order/cycle. Once you go through all those chests the cycle resets. You will randomly earn 1 super magical chest during each cycle. Its not based on wins but rather how many chests you have unlocked. In other words, winning battles while having full chest slots will not advance you through the cycle so no need to be cautious

Tap the profile icon on the top left corner. You'll be able to see your wins alongside many other stats

13. Wubba

Wubba Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2014
    Indiana
    Well, as the guy who already relied to you mentioned, I play mostly because it's fun and because I like grinding for the trophies to keep progressing to the next arena. It can be seen as a chore to some, but I enjoy it.

If anyone needs a clan to join, feel free to check out Toucharcade X. Anyone is free to join as long as you have 200+ trophies and we have plenty of space to accommodate you.

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Remember when people used to play video games just cuz they were fun?

Going head to head with live players in this game is like playing dynamic chess, and I find it fun. Plus it's free, and there's no energy system or timer to keep you from playing.

15. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    #715 andysmash, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Not true, but I'm pretty certain you get a Magical Chest after your second or third win when reaching a new arena for the first time. I always got one at that time, and there are lots of new players in my Clan who report getting Magical Chests right after they get into a new arena.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the message about the cycle. That makes perfect sense also.

16. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hey all. How does one receive an invite to the main Toucharcade clan? I see there is a spot available and would like to join.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Do more advanced players donate rares? Everyone in my guild asks for rares and no one donates them. I need gold, so I'm thinking about giving some.

18. grits

grits Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I just joined Toucharcade X. The last clan I was in, rares were donated almost immediately. But they had 50 people and were all high level. I definitely donate rares whenever I can. I switched because I didn't like the comments coming from the members. Hopefully we can build a friendly clan and have some fun. Let's get some more members! #

19. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    In the clan I'm in (since soft launch) everyone except for like 20 people that need to get kicked out donate litterly everything. We'll donate the same cards to eachother ##

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    If you dont play when waiting for more chests its like creating your own stamina bar to stop playing.

That's good thinking