Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    If you pass those arenas does the chance to unlock those specific cards go away?

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Also, while ugrading the common units is cheap, the rarer ones are not. It quickly goes from 10-20 coins to upgrade to hundreds, an unrealistic number to get from playing.

3. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    What's the max level per card?

4. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Not sure. Still in the first arena haha. Maybe you need to play that specific arena to grind for specific cards?

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Warning: joined a clan and accidentely donated. Be careful! Apparently you loose the card you donate. Instead of making it temp unavailable for you to use if you donate you loose that card, permanently it seems. Not sure why someone would donate rare cards. Thought it was like clash so clan members could use them once in battle. I guess only do so if you have extras.

6. ahfusim

ahfusim Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    seems lile everyone will get an epic purple card from tutorial. I found that prince is the best compared to witch & babydragon in early game.

Is there any way to reset game data? i tried to delete app, restart iphone, change gamecenter acc but failed. Want to get a prince lol

7. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The screw is loose. You lose the card.

It seems the only way to gain levels is upgrading cards or donating them in clan. So it's incentivized to donate, which is a kinda cool mechanic I guess. Can't gain any levels since my stupid chests are full so can't get lvl3.

8. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    I feel like allot of people are missing the point of this game thus far and focusing too much on the gating system that all f2p have. To me its more about winning games to gain trophies, this unlocks new arena's which in turn unlocks new cards. The chests you are awarded from winning are linked to the arena you win it in, and it will have that arena's loot table. So while you are ranking up to the next arena (which can take hours in itself) you have a chest to look forward to. I don't have that many amazing cards but at 600 trophies I end up against obvious P2W customers and can still win.

Yes the chest timer is long, yes you cannot delete a chest so you can fill up with better quality ones (which is annoying), nor use more then one chest at a time, no you are not meant to max out all your cards on day one. I think its an interesting balance of a reward waiting (gating) while you are unlocking content with trophies. Obviously going to get steam rolled by any whales but such is life.

So it is more board game, then RPG. Enjoying this game so far.

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Also, something no one has mentioned yet, the TV Royale feature is awesome. You're able to watch replays of intense matches from high level players. I've spent a lot of time on it lol. I wish they would add this to clash of clans.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I like this game and play style. That said, it is very unbalanced. There is no reason that i should be losing as many matches as I am except for the fact that the players I'm matched against have extremely high level units that can only be obtained at level 2 by paying to upgrade. I played at least 50 matches, spent all my gems and gold upgrading and only won 1. Too frustrating. If they tweak it by the world release, I might try again.

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Again, as the player base increases the matches will be more fair. This came out yesterday.
    You are fighting beta players

12. hydrodj

hydrodj Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    London, UK
    Maybe you are just unlucky, I spent all my free gems unlocking chests and used gold to upgrade. Have had no problems winning games. Luck of the draw I guess.

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA

I hope this is indeed the case. I can't believe that I'm that crappy a player, LOL!

14. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Awe Nellie...I've won my fair share of games but also lost a few on the way. I think the Giant is the winning man. He goes directly for towers just wait until you have some support for him to unleash all at once. Say a Giant and a bomber dude or a giant and some archers. I think Giant and bomber dude is the way to go though. Costs 8 and if unchecked will eat a tower up VERY FAST. The fun/challenge is also playing defence while playing offence. Then the x2 time happens and it's an all out WHOMPFEST which is very exciting in my opinon. The games are short enough (1-5 minutes I think) to not care either way. It's not like playing a game of HS and getting OTK after a 20 minutes match just to lose. I like the quick up and down of the game.

On the other hand the chest timers are out of control. I got a purple chest, I think it was called Mystic, and it took 12 HOURS. So I started that shizz before I went to bed and woke up and only spent 10 gems to open it (because I'm impatient) and went ahead and started to work on my 3 HR chest. Like stated earlier in the thread I think if they allowed you to open more than one at a time then I'd be happier. As it sits this is only soft launched so we will see what they change. I played CoC when it came out for a while until I stopped getting gems and started getting crushed. Never paid a dime in the game but lost interest. We'll see how long this one lasts on my phone. I love the premise though. But since alot of us are in the US and using foreign accts. to download we have to understand that alot of people are using home accounts and can purchase iap so they are already on their way to whaledom. Can't stop that and can't afford to keep up hahaha Fun times while it lasts though. I'll keep plugging along. About to be Arena 2

15. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    I really wish battling earned you XP.

Like when your chests are full there's no point in battling. You get no rewards and like no gold.

16. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #56 Zeillusion, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Lmfao, auto correct :p thank you though.

Hydrodj, you've made a good point. Although I wish there was something more. Giving gold per win would help tons.

Also: do you get a free chest when you reach new arena? I just reached arena 2 but had full chests so I really hope I didn't miss a free chest.

I would love it if you could cancel your chests so you could farm better ones while playing.

Well I opened a silver chest to make room and my first arena two win awarded me a magical chest. 12 hours to open hehe

So what's everyone doing for gold?

Edit: aconfusedkender^ I totally agree with everything you've said.

Edit: chest prices just went up gem wise >.<

17. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The gameplay is awesome, the replay mode to watch recent matches from people is awesome, the business plan and chest system suck donkey balls.

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    100%. My review in a nutshell lol. Its a really weird progression system. I hope they change/tweak it before launch

19. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Oh i orgot to mention an atrocious player level up system. Can only store 4 chests, no point in playing after that. So I can just play some battles to level up right? Nope, only card upgrades anddonating to clan members gains exp. Ok so ill just battle to get some gold to upgrade right? Nope, just from chests. LOL

Unless im wrong and there are other ways of getting exp, but thats what it says.

20. graison

graison Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Saskatoon, Canada
    It's the perfect game for people who only want to play for five minutes every three hours