Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Dang, I think I have an issue......can't stop playing.

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So I've played this since the first day on soft launch many many moons ago and never paid a cent. I had my trophies right around 2000 when it launched globally but now I see nothing but gemmers coming out of the woodwork, which is honestly okay with me because if that's how they want to spend their money then that's their prerogative. I have seen a influx of higher level cards that I just can't contend with due to the fact that I've spent my 5 bucks to support the dev and am not about to get into a race of emptying my wallet. I will just keep plugging along the way I am because I still very much enjoy the game.

So just curious has anyone else who's played since soft launch noticed any differences? Now to be fair all of these gemmers will eventually far surpass my trophy count and I'll never see them again but it'll take time. Good luck and let's hear some strategies from other people on what works for them deck wise!

3. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Oh, you can. Just hide your charger like I did...that way when your phone dies, you have to stop :eek:

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Lol. Good idea. Excellent game. I'd say this is the way to do F2P. I'll probably spend a little to support. TA recommended gold purchase. Any counter opinions?

5. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Why are the only ai battles training? I want to be able to have fun and earn chests but I don't find it fun playing against other people.

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    They're called training battles because they put you against an evenly matched AI opponent so you can practice for the real game - might be better to call it the practice or test arena, because that's what it is used for. But seriously, if you don't like playing against other people, this isn't the game for you. It is a game about playing with other people which also has a tiny testing arena.

7. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Well it is not available yet but they can add "open 2 chests at the same time" IAP for like $5. That would be cool.

Any clan that I can join?

8. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Gold purchase is definitely where it's at, in my opinion.

9. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
  10. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Gross.

11. blueknight1st

blueknight1st Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    So basically rather than include include everyone let's exclude a whole group of people because the money that people like me have is disgusting.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Just stop posting in this thread and delete the game. It isn't for you, and all we're doing is swirling the typical free to play argument toilet bowl.

13. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    @ blueknight1st

If you want an AI only game go play any of the other 1,000,000 strategy games on the App Store. This is STRICTLY a PvP game (aside from tutorials). Why on earth would they allow people to win cards WITHOUT having human opponents?

If you hate this so much, why bother if posting on this thread? There are games that I despise and I simply delete them and you never see me posting on those games specific threads.

14. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    #514 Bucktroo, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    I work with a Magic player. He is really intrigued by the game, yet I can't get him to play Hearthstone for nothing haha

I think it's because of the 3 minute game timer.

Also, side question.

Does anyone know if you can go back and purchase cards from previous Arenas? I never got the skelly army and I'd love to go back and grab it, but it's only showing me Arena 2 now.

15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Each successive arena unlocks MORE cards , you can still get the cards from previous arenas.
    The arena chests drop more cards and gold as you go up in tier, so even tho the card pool grows, you have increased chances as well.

16. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Oh! Okay. I thought by opening an Arena 2 chest I ONLY got the newer cards...but yeah, you're right. I still get the old ones...never even occurred to me haha

17. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Idk how I feel on the systems with chests and stuff, but gameplay wise it's awesome and I hope someone makes a version that's paid (km not bashing this game but i would like this kind of game to be premium honestly)

18. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    There's really no way a game like this would succeed as a premium. With games like Hearthstone on mobile, I think the fremium model is the only way. Don't get me wrong, of course I would rather pay $15-$20 and never worry about it again, but to support a game like this as time goes on, they'll need micro transactions.

19. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Yeah I can understand why, it's just disappointing I suppose. Also god I keep getting killed so fast in the third arena.

20. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Trying to give this game another chance but I really don't understand WHY I would keep playing with all of my chest slots full. Basically you can only play 1 game every three hours if you want to actually make progress with your battles, and I don't find the gameplay to be more compelling than the other games on my ipad that don't make me wait to gain progress.