Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    I've watched some games within the app, and noticed that some cards look different and are not squared, like the one archer that shoots fire arrows. What's up with those and how do you get them?

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Those are legendary cards, the rarest in the game. You obtain them through chests, but you need to reach the required arena. They have a super low drop rate

3. Pandabunny

Pandabunny Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Good to know, thanks. I guess you only get them in the highest arena then.
    Is it possible to get them with those 20$-40$ chests? I'd like it better if not, but it would be still be good to know.

4. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Hmmmm, I was doing pretty well at first but now I've begun a good losing streak lol guess it's time to alter my strategy. I normally stay away from purely multiplayer games because I mostly stink at them, but this one has kept my interest despite the losing. Probably because games aren't long and drawn out suffering.

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    It is possible to get them in those chests, but its not guaranteed. You also have to make sure you're in the a high enough arena in order to even have a chance in getting them.

6. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm with you. I had reached 1600 crowns and was doing amazing. I had a 10-game win streak going and felt amazing. Then I lost. And lost again. Aaaaand again. I'm down to about 1300 crowns and am struggling to get back into Arena 5. I feel some of this is psychological and some is me not adapting to the meta game correctly. But I'm still trying, and you should too.

7. skeletors helmet

Patreon Bronze

Dec 7, 2012
    I'm enjoying the game, but I keep getting wifi symbol pop up as the game is going on and I can't place any cards down whilst my opponent smashes me unopposed. Is anybody else having this? I've got a pretty good internet connection and I never have this problem with the ps4 or any other apps. It seems as if it happens most when I'm crushing somebody.

8. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    I've seen it once or twice, but only on the menu screen. I haven't seen it at all since the update this morning. All the update said was "Bug fixes"

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I've downloaded this onto my iPhone but haven't played it yet. Not sure if I will or not. I can just hear Yoda in my head. "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." Decisions, decisions.

10. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Do it. Do it now.

11. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    This game is crushing my battery. Anybody else having that issue? iPhone 6

12. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    I'm also on an iPhone 6. I wouldn't say "crushing" it..compared so some games...but it does drain fairly quickly while playing.

13. The Nothing

The Nothing Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Loving this so far. Is there a way to manipulate/increase elixir production? Or does the game set the generation rate continually on its own??

14. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can you move forward not spending a single dime

15. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    #495 Dema9o9ue, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Yes you can. There is no reason to spend money unless you just don't have the patience for something. I am in the 1000's trophy wise and I only spent money once to have enough gold to start a clan. I wanted to get in early on the Clan scene. Even then it's not that hard to save up 1000 gold to start one.

If you are a card collector though, you will not like waiting on chests. It's a lot like Hearthstone in terms of how often you unlock a totally new card. However, play long enough and you'll learn there are some cards you really won't want to play anyways.

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Lmao! Clash Royale has an entire row of ads in the App Store, crazy.

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Yes, the Elixer Collector card.
    Use it with a mirror card for even more. Big investment but it pays off, so it's key to think about defense while you're setting it up.

18. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I saw that... I pity any other dev launching this week.

19. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Have a few questions, just started playing this morning.

1) Is there any way to speed up opening of chests other than using gems?
    2) At any point in the game can you start to open two chests at once rather than just one?

Thanks for any help anybody can give.

20. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    1: Nopers, patience ;)
    2: Nope.