Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Joined this one myself :)

2. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Thanks for the very encouraging replies on this thread. I'm giving the game a second try. I have a question - I was battling someone whose towers at half health still had more health than my towers at full health. How do you fight battles like that? Is there a method to the madness?

3. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Sounds like your trophy matchmaking was a bit off :/

4. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    The Clan section of my game is completely grey and I can't see my clan and I can't join another because it won't load the page. What is going on?

5. mindmagicgames

mindmagicgames Active Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Game Developer
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    This is a surprisingly fun game. The wait times for the chests are a killer though.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Nope, prolly someone who played early on and then stopped and jumped back in. There is a huge difference at 1100 from what there was pre updates. Lost 300 trophies to players who obviously bought gems. Then I ended playing a lot of people who were lower level.

7. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Are you level 3 yet?

8. Bucktroo

Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    The TA review is up. Spot on and accurate if you ask me!

9. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    Absolute5

5 Stars!
    If I could I give 10 Stars!

Is there any TA Clan I can join?

10. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Idk about the TA review. Shouldve been 6 stars imo

11. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    This Game > Clash of Clans. I'll try to join the TA Clan once I open up clan feature.

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This game is EXTREMELY skill based.

Don't give up noobs ^.^

In time you will learn there is a serious counter for EVERYTHING. half my guild plays for free and are hovering at 2,300 - 2,500.

Even if a player has higher troop levels by 1-2 it's no biggie. The counter can still reck.

Don't worry. Some times your deck might be totally weak against another deck and vice versa.

You will see how brilliant this game is. Besides the various chest timers and f2p.

Altho LOL @ the 40$ new chest they implemented.

13. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    I was wrong. They're both 1 card from level 3.

Prince is countered easily, but if you combo him right he's a beast even later in the game.

I always get within one win away from arena 5 and can very be clutch enough to actually get there haha

14. abel001

abel001 New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Hey guys, I just downloaded it today and I'm loving this game.. but I could have sworn I've played a very similar game before. I don't mean similar like in other MOBAs, I mean the exact same mechanics and gameplay and style and unit types. The only difference is that this is set in the Clash of Clans universe..

It's bugging me that I can't think of the game.. Can anyone help?

15. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I gave this game about an hour. Just not seeing the appeal. There are far better strategy-lite titles. The art and presentation is very generic and uninspired. These mechanics are fine, but the app store offers so much better and plenty of it is free, too. The chest timers are a real eye-roll.

So many people advertising this game on behalf of Supercell, the billion-dollar ad campaign seems unnecessary.

Also, I think it's gross that if you have enough money you can just buy the front page of the app store. Visibility is so difficult for small developers as it is.

I don't think the game is bad, I just don't get the hype.

16. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    IMO the need for more rewards is an engineered bi-product of the F2P model psychology. It's all about the feedback loop and constantly dangling carrots and tossing doggie treats. Most of the time the gameplay is mediocre at best. At worst, hollow busywork. This game is better than that, but as a result the gameplay seems fresh and exciting. In truth, it's just another Skinner Box.

17. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    @hothamboy

That's just the way things are. Money talks and... You know the rest. The timers are an insult to everyone's intelligence. But there is something special about this game. There are layers of strategy to be scratched at.

I like it! And the timers are just some BS that you can work around pretty easily. It's my way of sticking it to the man. FTP Clash Royale forever!!!

Edit: it's time for a free chest right NOW! Ooooh.

18. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Chest timers are 100% going to stop me from continuing. Four hours for a silver? Jesus.

19. Nachtfischer

Nachtfischer Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Game Designer
    Germany
    This actually is a reason to worry. As with any collectible/customizable game, this leads to you quite regularly having won or lost a match before it even began just due to random counter-decking. That's a huge game design problem that makes the game super inefficient in its value delivery.

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #480 oscar123967, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    You know you can still play even if your chest slots are full right? Lol

The card balance is a bit wonky in the early arenas. It gets so much better in the later arenas. Im in arena 5 (almost 6) and i cant remember the last time I got completely annihilated.