Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Extremely fun! Love the strategy, cards, and stats. Real time with death match can be very exciting. HATE the chest times. So now that I have 4 chests I have to continue playing and loosing chests since I can't hold them? And have to wait 8 hours for a single chest to open so I can have a free slot for rewards.

The whole point of a HOOK is to reward the player. Kinda odd making a player play for 8 hours until the chest opens to make room. Quite sad. Gems to open, go figure.

I don't mind bronze chests since they're 15 seconds but 3 hours for silver and 8 hours for gold. As well as only being able to have 4 kinda stinks.

Games extremely fun though.

I can see how it can become p2w VERY fast.

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Been playing for about 3 hours and already I am starting to encounter players with lots of epic and high level cards and they just steam roll you.

Still love the game though.

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    They will not be looking to balance the game around whats fair. they will balance around wich method produces the most whale blubber, wich is supercells most prized catches. But after a few games it has potential. Will dig in more later.

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Having a blast with it so far. So many intense battles. The wait times to open a chest are pretty ridiculous though.

Barely won this one :D
    [​IMG]

5. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    It's certainly a fun little free game, and far faster than Hearthstone for that live multiplayer fix. I do worry that long-term the game will be really unbalanced as time and money = straight-up stronger units/spells. It doesn't seem to be a problem as of now though, and perhaps it won't end up being an issue.

6. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    They have that trophy system, so i think it wont get too ridiculous. Similar to hearthstone

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    The big difference though is that you don't level up your cards in Hearthstone. That could lead to some imbalance if you are playing versus people who have the exact same cards as you, but theirs have more health and do more damage. Ultimately the matchmaking system will be what determines how balanced the game is. I hope it does hold up to long-term play though, as it is an enjoyable title.

8. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    You can't level by winning, only XP from leveling and clan donating. Kinda lame considering once your common cards are maxed you'll basically be stuck with trying to find ultra rare cards to level to earn XP. I need to wait about 16 hours for two chests and that should level me to 3 so I can get into a clan.

& the game is totally pay 2 win. You can auto buy epic units and even if the person is on par trophy wise they won't be able to beat epic units. I've faced a few low level teams with bought cards and they are crazy cool and insane.

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah hopefully it doesnt get too out of order. Supercell is usually focused on making games pay-to-progress rather than pay-to-win anyways. So if there are major issues then I'm sure they'll handle it

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone else get a purple card off a chest?

11. idaveharris

idaveharris Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2013
    Hey guys love the game so far. Everyone who joins my clan keeps leaving straight away! Anyone wanna join search 'Amazingstoke' cheers ☺️

12. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Pretty fun game. Will definitely keep playing.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Its ok I guess but I am not feeling like the rest of you lol...

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #34 KeKhan, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    I imagine it opens up more once you can join a clan and give cards to each other.

Let's remember it's still in soft-launch, and balancing will likely happen. This isn't Supercells first game.
    No need for the "I hate x & y, deleted" comments. Provide feedback.

I for one am enjoying the heck out of this one, but I haven't been playing too much (still level 2) because of the chest unlock issue. Let's hope for balance concerning that. Also, as the player base increases we won't be fighting the epic beta players as much.

15. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    That's true, it's soft launch.

The strategy hook is brilliant though and real time is great. Allows for some CRAZY close call wins and brain power. I've won with a 50hp castle last split second.

The troops are neat as well and all are very unique. I do feel the whole reward/chest thing can be done differently.

16. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Ok iv played a bunch of games and filled my chests so it's time to give imps. It's a really fun game and the concept could be a major winner. The little attrition battle and tug of war with units and resources is engaging. Wait to deploy or go now? Overload one side or split up forcing defense? Deploy after they deploy on the opposite side? There are lots of little mini games going on within the game but it's real simple.

The chest system is pretty lame. You can have 4 at a timeand they have timer countdowns but only one is on countdown at a time. So currently I'm waiting 8hrs for a gold chest to open. After that I can then open another silver after a few hours wait. Then after that I have another gold and will wait another 8 hrs. Terrible, not fun at all. Let all the chests be on timer at the same time at least so I can wake up to a big explosion of loot. Not wake up to one chest then wait 8 hrs for the next.

Just to be clear, it's completely P2W. Those who spend and buy chests can simply upgrade and get the rare cards. There's no two ways about it. At its heart this is a great concept. It's kind of like if Kingdom rush decided to make a PvP game, this is sort of what they would envision. This has a lot of potential and it's a great concept. The matches get genuinely tense and you are both sitting there waiting for resources and planning when and what to deploy. Will continue to follow closely.

17. vinotauro

vinotauro Active Member

Mar 12, 2015
    It's actually a fun game and a great concept. In fact, I've been playing for a good portion of the day. However, It's pretty blatant with the whole pay to win thing. You can literally unlock all kinds of rare cards by paying.

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Anyone know what the card unlocks under the arenas mean

19. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    It means when you unlock a certain arena, you will get a slim chance of getting those cards from loot chests or buying them with gold.

20. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I absolutely love, love this game, probably more than Clash of Clans, but the 3-8 hour wait to open chests is absolutely ridiculous. All I wanna do is keep playing and i'm just... halted.

You should also recieve coins for winning a match, even if it's like 10 coins.