Universal Clash Royale (by Supercell)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by oscar123967, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Yes of course. it uses camecenter. Also you can just change your canada store to usa and enter your CC and buy gems now normally. It may tell you "cant complete purchase" but you just need to use itunes support chat and takes 2min for them to fix it.

2. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So if I download this on a NZ account, what happens when it launches worldwide? Like will my cloud save be compatible if I re download with my US account? I'm not familiar with how this soft launch stuff works and I don't want to keep a NZ account after its global launch.

3. ruphio

ruphio Member

May 8, 2012
    Yes you can - is linked to your main game center account.

4. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Read the post above yours.

5. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Nevermind I got there thanks guys

6. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #286 aconfusedkender, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Really bro! I didn't know that! Might have to check that out. So that's how people do it. Would I have to put in my cc info again or would they just reference the US account? What do you tell them?

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Deleted the game 5 times allready,but I can't stop playing it's too much fun, but I can't spend any money and some people are overpowered at the moment, so I have to wait till the global launch.
    I am around 600 trophies for three days now.

8. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #288 Montanx, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Would need to put info again since its a dif account. On my CA account, when you switch stores I just put in my regular USA address and had to enter CC info as normal. Then when I went to make a test purchase it gave me some error message. So I used itunes chat and connected with an agent. Just said exactly that I changed stores and couldnt make a putrchase. He took 2 min and flipped a switch somewhere and it was fixed. Its some identity guard check or something. Went back in game and can make purchases regular as if it was out in the USA. Note for when you use itunes support. not every option gives the "chat" option, so if it doesnt, just back out one step and try a dif selection.

Or im sure its cheaper to find discounted itunes cards and redeem the code. since its now a US store account, you can just use regular ones and dont have to hunt for canadian.

9. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Ive always said that we play games to have fun, and if it stops being fun then why keep playing?

A lot of the fun comes from progression, or achieving something new. It could be reaching a new level, beating the high score, or advancing the story.

This game seems to have at least 5 types of progression (xp, gold, gems, loot, and cups). What I find interesting is the first 4 are locked behind a 3 hour timer. I guess you can still earn cups, but surely you are painting yourself into a corner if you grind cups too fast without a well developed deck.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I would suggest this is more of a real time strategy game than a moba. Of course mobas are a type of real time strategy game so you may find something you enjoy here.

11. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    The chest system entices you to come back time and time again to open them and play again (very addictive). I'm opening silver chests in the daytime and a gold or magic one at night. The chest system is there to keep you coming back.

12. GamerGangsta

GamerGangsta Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Can someone help me set up a New Zealand acct. and after soft launch can i transfer my progress or will i have to keep opening it from NZ acct... Anyway of someone can private message me or post some tips.. Much appreciated!!!!!

13. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Just got to 800 trophies and opponents are significantly more powerful in this third arena than any of the other arenas. Looks like i hit a pseudo pay wall, but the game is still fun, i just feel a bit under powered.

14. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Nah. You have the same power as your opponents. Towers have equal health and all that. They might just have the new or better cards you don't have yet. But you'll get them in time, easily. Just keep at it.

15. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Playing against players who are a higher level will have towers with more hit points and deal out more damage. You often find that some of the higher level players can drop down into the lower arenas following a bad run of games.

16. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is just another matchmaking problem that'll be solved when the game launches globally and there's more people playing. Clash of Clans uses the same basic system and it works quite well. Sure, you run into people every now and again who are purposefully deranking to own scrubs, but it's incredibly rare as they inevitably just win a bunch and go shooting back up to where they belong on the ladder.

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Exactly. I've only ran across "those guys" a couple times. So far, the match making has been pretty good tho.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I NEVER expected to even remotely like this game when I first saw it. I never got into CoC and I don't care much for card collecting games, but I wanted to at least try it out. I've been hooked ever since. It's perfect for quick bursts when you have a couple minutes to kill. I have a feeling this will do pretty well when it's released worldwide. As long as Supercell can keep on the matchmaking like they have, I can see myself playing this game for quite awhile.

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    It can be beneficial top drop down a little in order to earn your crown chest for the day more quickly.

19. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    No, the crown tower is on a fixed timer so if it takes you 10 hours to unlock it, it doesnt stall the next one from activating.

20. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I think the idea is that you can get to the contents of it quicker by having easier battles. You may struggle on an even playing field to get 10 crowns "quickly," but if you're fighting lower level opponents it may be easier to defeat them.

That's a silly thing to do.