Universal Clash Of Clans [Strategy]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MacGyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    1. Kind of a brilliant tactic/exploit I wish I'd thought of earlier on since I'm at the very tail end of where this works for my development cure since.

2. However, this only works if you can get your total stored elixir below 800,000, because, otherwise, you're still vulnerable to the max cap of 200,000. So, pretty brilliant early on (I'll teach this to my daughter, she just started a couple of weeks ago), but of less utility once you start hitting the point you need to be saving 1+ million elixir for everything.

2. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #142 Blackbeard, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    There's a ridiculous glitch in this game. I moved my town to a corner of the screen and put walls up at the borders, thinking I could force attackers to come in at the other walls and prevent people from using archers to steal stuff from long range, by putting all my buildings inside the walls, and out of range. Well, the next time I was attacked the guy was able to place his troops right inside my fortress and not even break through the walls.

Now I have to redo the position of town and walls all over again, very annoying, and I was about 20 trophies away from getting the 450 gems, but got 100% destroyed

3. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    I think you're imagining things and/or didn't have a firm enough grasp of the mechanics.

There is always a border at the edges of the map that allows people to place their troops there, you have no safe edge in this game by design - there are even loading screen tips that hammer this home. There are also higher level spells that allow enemy troops to go right over your walls. Additionally, since I have no idea what your base looked like, it's entirely possible to leave a valid space for enemy troop placement inside of walls. Troop placement is limited via zones of control around structures, that whitish border you see if you move something - wherever it's whitish, enemy troops cannot be placed, anywhere it's not whitish, even if surrounded by walls, is fair game.

4. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #144 Blackbeard, Mar 16, 2013
    I watched the replay a bunch of times, he used 51 soldiers, 15 giants and 1 bomber. the soldiers started appearing immediately inside the walls, and he didn't use any spells. I'm guessing if you place walls on the borderlines it somehow lets the other team put troops right inside your fort. Its not like the game comes with an instruction manual, but a pop up message about this would have been helpful. Only good thing I got was a 15 hour shield.

Its very hard to get town hall to level 7 so u can get the additional resources to fend off the long range thefts, thought strategically positioning things would help, but I guess devs had another idea. Im wondering if I place army camps on border, and elixer collectors against and outside the walls, enemies might have to get closer with archers in the space between and maybe my defense can reach them.

5. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No, it does not. There are millions of people playing this since last summer and it's usually in the top 10 grossing, it's that popular. You honestly believe there's a glitch like this still in the game?

At any rate, you clearly believe you found a glitch, so how about a screen shot of what your base looked like (can take it from the replay if you've rearranged since then).

6. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #146 Blackbeard, Mar 16, 2013
    ok, the enemy soldiers started spawning right below the lower mortar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #147 C.Hannum, Mar 16, 2013
    That's because there's an opening there. You get *one* tile extended from any structure where enemies can't spawn. And you have a three tile opening that is vulnerable with that lay out.

Edit: Here's a screen shot I did recreating the lay out of your buildings there where the ZOC is shown (red arrow points to spot enemy is allowed to spawn because no ZOC from any of your structures).

Attached Files:

8. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #148 Blackbeard, Mar 16, 2013
    so how far away from the north and east borders would the walls need to be to stop this?

Or do you mean enemies can spawn inside your fort if you have too large of a gap between buildings?

9. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    You don't seem to be grasping the point I'm making about ZOC (Zone of Control). The game even shows you the zone of control you have when you move anything (even if it's one tile and back again to highlight).

Every structure, be it a wall or your Town Hall, has a one tile border around it where no enemies can spawn - that is its ZOC. So, if every structure has a one tile ZOC, no structure can be more than two tiles away from another structure, else you have a broken zone of control, and enemies can spawn there.

Walls are just another structure, nothing special about them at all beyond the fact they have a lot of hitpoints.

10. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    No, I got you now. I never really played RTS games before. So If I put my structure back to the screen pics and move everything closer to each other, to comply with the tile rule, only my west and south walls could be attacked right? thanks

11. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah, this. When you move buildings and stuff around, you'll see the ground around them highlighted for a few seconds. This highlighted area is the "can't drop troops here", and if your buildings are too far apart, the no-enemy-zones won't touch, leaving an opening for your camp to get stomped from the inside.

Also, it doesn't matter if you stick your camp in a corner. The border around your area (the part you can't build on that's up against the trees and beach) is not a safe zone. Enemies can drop troops there. So you cannot use the map as part of your defense, you have to rely completely on your structures.

Hope that helps.

12. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    thanks, too bad I just blew 20k to remove a rock so i could stick everything in the corner again, and corners only have 1 layer of walls and little defense now, oh well back to the drawing board

13. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011

How about the big boulders? I usually put the walls up so some boulders block about 3 wall tiles or is this also like the forest and beach and doesnt matter? thanks

14. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Only your structures matter. The boulders and stuff might as well not be there as far as the enemy dropping troops into your territory.

15. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    On my 1st run now. Im just focusing on gold and defenses for now. Should I bother with the clan tower yet or hold off until I'm stronger. Keen to join the TA2 clan but Im in no rush. I'd rather lay a strong foundation:)

16. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Hold off you wont need it for awhile, I still havent joined a clan and im at level 32

17. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I was getting attacked a few times a day so I rearranged my fort using a combination of ones I saw on COC forum, and havent been attacked once today, how does this one look For TH6?

[​IMG]

18. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Hi people's, we have as an avid pocket planes player and players created the much needed toucharcade1 clan. So please do join us and see you on our side of the fences ;)

19. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Seems good though you don't need your TH to be inside any of your walls.

20. C.Hannum

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No. Purely depends on what you're doing.

Are you saving up for a huge purchase? Fine, stick your TH outside the wall so you can keep racking up free shields.

But if you're actually trying to earn trophies, cripes, that's about the stupidest bit of advice someone could take.